PDA

View Full Version : White sox related things yesterday

stacksedwards
02-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Went up to the city to have dinner with the gf's parents. We got skipped in line at Webber Grill by Gavin Floyd. He is a tall dude.
Also, I'm not sure this has been posted but outside the ball park there is now a large banner congratulating President Obama.
Hope he throws out the first pitch opening day.

GoGoCrede
02-01-2009, 12:52 PM
LOL, he cut in front of you? Did you recognize him right away? He was my favorite pitcher to watch in 2008.

BleacherBandit
02-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Went up to the city to have dinner with the gf's parents. We got skipped in line at Webber Grill by Gavin Floyd. He is a tall dude.
Also, I'm not sure this has been posted but outside the ball park there is now a large banner congratulating President Obama.
Hope he throws out the first pitch opening day.

If he had a bad year and he did that to me, he wouldn't hear the end of it. Good thing he raked last year. :cool:

Frankfan4life
02-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Pushy is okay, but I hope he's eating right.

Taliesinrk
02-01-2009, 01:02 PM
If he had a bad year and he did that to me, he wouldn't hear the end of it. Good thing he raked last year. :cool:

I'm not sure how many interleague ABs he had last year, but I doubt he "raked" :cool:

BleacherBandit
02-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure how many interleague ABs he had last year, but I doubt he "raked" :cool:

I can use that verb for pitchers too. :redface:

GoGoCrede
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
On a side note, that place is always packed, but the food is pretty good.

I always wonder what I'd do if I saw a player in a restaurant or someplace public. I think I'd be too shy to ask for a photo or anything (I'd try to take a candid pic with my camera phone though :tongue:).

BleacherBandit
02-01-2009, 01:15 PM
On a side note, that place is always packed, but the food is pretty good.

I always wonder what I'd do if I saw a player in a restaurant or someplace public. I think I'd be too shy to ask for a photo or anything (I'd try to take a candid pic with my camera phone though :tongue:).

I saw Contreras last year at the Charlotte airport when he was re-habbing for his injury before he hurt his achilles. I can't speak spanish very well, so I talked mostly with his wife. :D:

GoGoCrede
02-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I saw Contreras last year at the Charlotte airport when he was re-habbing for his injury before he hurt his achilles. I can't speak spanish very well, so I talked mostly with his wife. :D:

That's awesome, what did she say? I hear he's one of the nicest guys off the field.

BleacherBandit
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
That's awesome, what did she say? I hear he's one of the nicest guys off the field.

Oh, I just told him to stick in there. It was funny, because every game I went to watch him pitch at the Cell last year, he won. I was at the Quentin walk-off against the Angels in the summer, and a few other games he won. He told me to go watch him pitch more then. He and his wife laughed. I didn't think it was so funny.

skobabe8
02-01-2009, 02:09 PM
That's the cool thing about soxfest...you never know who you will see eating out in the loop. We saw Fields and Owens while they were eating lunch at Corner Bakery last year. I know they arent superstars, but people left them alone. I would like to think we would respect any ballplayer while they enjoyed a meal and not bother them.

stacksedwards
02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
That's the cool thing about soxfest...you never know who you will see eating out in the loop. We saw Fields and Owens while they were eating lunch at Corner Bakery last year. I know they arent superstars, but people left them alone. I would like to think we would respect any ballplayer while they enjoyed a meal and not bother them.
That was my though exactly. If I had a kid or something maybe I would ask for a picture or something. But I'm 25 and I think its not fair to a player to interrupt them at dinner

BleacherBandit
02-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, that's the feeling I got after I interrupted Contreras. You feel as if you've harrased someone. However, I think Jose might have needed the recognition at the time, he looked kind of dejected. I mean, after all he was going to re-hab with the Charlotte Knights for a week.

TheOzziePlan
02-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Don Cooper does postgame for 670 sometimes at a bar near my house, so I've seen some player there. Danks was there once and got pretty wasted, buying everyone shots and whatnot. So my buddy was wearing a Cubs jersey, and Danks looks over and shoots him a dirty look. Then he (Danks) leaned over and whispered something into the ear of a girl standing nearby, and the girl walks over to my friend and says something to the extent of, "Get the **** out of here Cubs fan, this is a Sox bar." Hilarious