PDA

View Full Version : This may or may not be about the white sox

DaveFeelsRight
01-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow. Prospect Insider is reporting that an AL Central team is looking to make a deal with the Mariners that would include either: Carlos Silva, Jarrod Washburn, or Miguel Batista along with Brandon Morrow and Jeff Clement OR Wladimir Balentien in exchange for "Returning would be a young corner outfielder with solid defensive skills and one strong offensive season under his belt, and minor league prospects - at least one pitcher."

Quentin anybody?

dickallen15
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Not never.

whitesoxfan1986
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Most likely it is the Twins discussing a Delmon Young trade. I've heard they've soured on him. If the Twins get that in a trade for Delmon Young, watch out next season, they might run away with the division.

esbrechtel
01-30-2009, 03:01 PM
My Girlfriend will not be happy if this is the case....

First the sox send Pods packing....and if it were Q she would be upset....

esbrechtel
01-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Most likely it is the Twins discussing a Delmon Young trade. I've heard they've soured on him. If the Twins get that in a trade for Delmon Young, watch out next season, they might run away with the division.

I really think you nailed it. I bet its Young. Looks like Kenny might have to get his **** together sooner rather than later because that trade would put the twins on top of the AL Central on paper...

EnglishChiSox
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
I cannot see the M's giving up Morrow, he was their best pitcher last year and their one beacon of hope.

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Ichiro to the Sox?

Dibbs
01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
No, they are not talking about Quentin.

doublem23
01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Not the Sox, if they moved Quentin and the best we got back was Brandon Morrow I would contemplate being put in a medically induced coma for the 3-5 years.

Chez
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Why would the Twins want Silva or Washburn and their salaries? Plus, Clement is blocked by Mauer (unless one of them switches positions). I don't see this materializing.

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
No, they are not talking about Quentin.

Agreed just by reading this:

"Returning would be a young corner outfielder with solid defensive skills and one strong offensive season under his belt.

I love CQ, but he is just about average when it comes to defense.

It has to be Delmon Young, because he is about the best Defensive Corner OF in the game today. And it says "one strong offensive season under his belt," that came with TB two seasons ago.

spawn
01-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Not the Sox, if they moved Quentin and the best we got back was Brandon Morrow I would contemplate being put in a medically induced coma for the 3-5 years.
I'd become a Cubs fan.

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 03:31 PM

Well, I guess trading CQ might not be a bad thing after all :tongue:

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Why would the Twins want Silva or Washburn and their salaries? Plus, Clement is blocked by Mauer (unless one of them switches positions). I don't see this materializing.

They have always talked about finding a way to move Mauer out from behind the plate for health reasons.

esbrechtel
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Agreed just by reading this:

"Returning would be a young corner outfielder with solid defensive skills and one strong offensive season under his belt.

I love CQ, but he is just about average when it comes to defense.

It has to be Delmon Young, because he is about the best Defensive Corner OF in the game today. And it says "one strong offensive season under his belt," that came with TB two seasons ago.

Ha I was also going to say that...but I didn't want people jumping all over me reminding me of when Q doubled up the guy at 1st...:redneck

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Ha I was also going to say that...but I didn't want people jumping all over me reminding me of when Q doubled up the guy at 1st...:redneck

Yup, that Fox game on Saturday in April. That one play always comes up when defending CQ's glove. Don't get me wrong, he is not Scott Pods out there, but he is also not Delmon Young.

SoxSpeed22
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
If I had to pick, it would be Cleveland. I doubt that they would trade Choo back to Seattle. Ben Francisco could also fit what they want. They have some questions at starting pitching and Martinez's injuries might keep him from being the catcher.

Chez
01-30-2009, 03:46 PM
They have always talked about finding a way to move Mauer out from behind the plate for health reasons.

You're right, they have; but to quote Hawk, "Where's he (Mauer) gonna play." Twinkies are already set at first, Kubel just signed for two years, maybe leftfield?

Gammons Peter
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Bye bye B.A.

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Bye bye B.A.

:rolling:

Jim Shorts
01-30-2009, 04:04 PM

That would just put the Twins in a better position to compete with us.

Rocky Soprano
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
If anyone honestly thinks that the Sox would trade Quentin, I have some magic beans to sell you.

areilly
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
That's a pretty good return for Dewayne Wise.

LoveYourSuit
01-30-2009, 04:28 PM
That's a pretty good return for Dewayne Wise.

Well, based on how highly Ozzie speaks of Wise, it could be him.

whitesox901
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
If anyone honestly thinks that the Sox would trade Quentin, I have some magic beans to sell you.

:kneeslap: