PDA

View Full Version : This cub propaganda movie showed up in my mailbox

white sox bill
01-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Pinch your nose, hold your breath and get out the barf bucket before opening. Bad theme, but great cause.

www.webelievethemovie.com (http://www.webelievethemovie.com/)

cws05champ
01-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Pinch your nose, hold your breath and get out the barf bucket before opening. Bad theme, but great cause.

I especially like this piece of garbage:
"this feature film documentary is a celebration of hope, loyalty, faith and the extraordinary love affair between a great city and its baseball team"

soxfan21
01-29-2009, 07:35 AM
What a bunch of garbage.:rolleyes:

Hitmen77
01-29-2009, 08:01 AM
:puking::puking::puking::puking::puking:

SoxFan78
01-29-2009, 08:11 AM

What was the great cause? I might watch this movie just because I know the ending will be oh so sweet! I wonder if a movie is going to come out about the cubs every year until they win the world series. I swear this must be the 2nd or 3rd movie about the cubs trying to win it all.

eriqjaffe
01-29-2009, 08:19 AM
I like how they spell Hugh Hefner's name wrong on their page.

SOXPHILE
01-29-2009, 11:40 AM
How does it end ?

Jesus, how many goddamn movies are being/have been made about this stupid team and it's "storied" history ? Oh, their poor suffering fans. I always laugh when I see some 22 year old assclown bleacherite lamenting that he's "long suffering". They fail to see the stupidity in their own statement. I think somebody should make a documentary about the White Sox this year, and follow the team around during the 4th anniversary season of their last championship.

areilly
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM

So how and why did it end up in your mailbox?

russ99
01-29-2009, 12:56 PM
The thing I find so hilarious about this tripe is these guys followed the team around last season expecting to "document the championship".

So yeah, I can see a lot of loser-ites buying into it and recompensating these numbskulls for their short-sightedness.

I wonder if footage of the "LA water pipe disaster" will make it onto the special features disc... :tongue:

areilly
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
The thing I find so hilarious about this tripe is these guys followed the team around last season expecting to "document the championship".

False.

RadioheadRocks
01-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Yep, let's all cheer for an overexpoxed mediocre baseball team because the media tells us to. :rolleyes:

thomas35forever
01-29-2009, 08:07 PM
Is there a Do Not Mail list we don't know about? If not, there should be one so you don't have to receive that crap anymore.

october23sp
01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I want a We Believe shirt.

MarySwiss
01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
How does it end ?

Jesus, how many goddamn movies are being/have been made about this stupid team and it's "storied" history ? Oh, their poor suffering fans. I always laugh when I see some 22 year old assclown bleacherite lamenting that he's "long suffering". They fail to see the stupidity in their own statement. I think somebody should make a documentary about the White Sox this year, and follow the team around during the 4th anniversary season of their last championship.

Seriously! MrMarySwiss swears allegiance to both teams, but he's a Cub fan first. I remember when the Cubs got swept by the D'Backs, he was watching the wake on WGN and some 14-year-old kid popped his head up, tears streaming down his face, whining about how he's waited "so long."

The Mr turned to the TV and snarled "Shut the **** up!"

Cracked me up!

white sox bill
01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
What was the great cause? I might watch this movie just because I know the ending will be oh so sweet! I wonder if a movie is going to come out about the cubs every year until they win the world series. I swear this must be the 2nd or 3rd movie about the cubs trying to win it all.

Half of the proceeds go to fight Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA) a eye disease that is rare and results in blindness. See next post where the other half goes.

white sox bill
01-30-2009, 06:24 PM
So how and why did it end up in your mailbox?

In my hamlet in my Illinois home, there is a replica of the beloved Urinal. It actually is kind of neat, despite the obvious affiliation. I know the President of this stadium and he's about as decent as guy as any cub fan is, hence I'm on his list. He claims he is helping the Flossmore/Homewood 'burb with building replica of Old Comiskey or US Cellular. Can't remember which. Maybe one of our members knows something about this.

I continue to redneck him about being a cub fan, he occasionally gives it back. But its all in fun

Dub25
01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep, let's all cheer for an overexpoxed mediocre baseball team because the media tells us to. :rolleyes:

Overexposed, overhyped, overvalued....

Seriously, what's the difference between the Cubs and the L.A. Clippers? I think I might just refer to the Cubs as the Clippers when talking about them.

Dub25
01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
In my hamlet in my Illinois home, there is a replica of the beloved Urinal. It actually is kind of neat, despite the obvious affiliation. I know the President of this stadium and he's about as decent as guy as any cub fan is, hence I'm on his list. He claims he is helping the Flossmore/Homewood 'burb with building replica of Old Comiskey or US Cellular. Can't remember which. Maybe one of our members knows something about this.

I continue to redneck him about being a cub fan, he occasionally gives it back. But its all in fun

Why is he helping Homewood/Flossmoor burbs? There are more Cub bozos here. He needs to focus on Tinley/Orland. That's where a good pocket of Sox fans live.

white sox bill
01-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Why is he helping Homewood/Flossmoor burbs? There are more Cub bozos here. He needs to focus on Tinley/Orland. That's where a good pocket of Sox fans live.

Not sure, I assume they (whoever is puttting Comiskey replica together) contacted him after seeing the great work he did for wrigley. My friend voluntered his consulting services. As with the wrigely replica, he's not paid a dime. Maybe the Park District? Maybe your Chamber? Did you ever hear of such a project?

WhiteSox1989
01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
It's kind of funny.

I like our "movie" better-has a better ending to it.

Frontman
01-31-2009, 10:43 AM
I can remember saying "I waited my whole life" for 2005. That being said, I never said "long suffering." I usually followed it up talking about how my Grandad waited his whole life and didn't see a Sox championship.

So, in the past 4 years; we've gotten documentaries about:

Ron Santo (whom I do give credit for being a pro ball player with diabetes.)

Ronnie Woo-woo Wickers (the rags to rags story about a guy that WGN made famous by actually allowing him air time.)

and now

We believe; the story of fans who keep hoping that they finally get it done. Now, the sad thing is; that when they actually do win one (law of averages says they should back into one sooner or later) that these fans will go "I knew this would be the year." Seriously, if you call a shot (ie "Nothing but net") every time you take the shot; you eventually should maybe might get it right...sorta.

white sox bill
01-31-2009, 11:13 AM
BTW its no coincidence that the Mini Wrigley is here in Northwest Illinois. I challenge anyone on this web site with the possible exception of the 2 blocks surrounding Clark and Addison to show me a larger concentration of cub fans. I remember maybe 20 yrs ago, one of my cub fans referred to the Sox as "the other team" because he couldn't think of their name off hand. I've told other cub fans that I'm all Sox and I swear a lot of them have no idea what I'm talking about.

I even emailed Brooks as to why the Sox don't market in this area, like a caravan or such. His reply was that this part of Illinois was so heavily infested that why even bother and that Wrigley was much closer than the Cell. I googled it and found out the difference is only like 7 miles. After I told him that, there was no response back:?:

Frontman
01-31-2009, 11:49 AM
I even emailed Brooks as to why the Sox don't market in this area, like a caravan or such. His reply was that this part of Illinois was so heavily infested that why even bother and that Wrigley was much closer than the Cell. I googled it and found out the difference is only like 7 miles. After I told him that, there was no response back:?:

I can understand that approach though. If an area is so die-hard Cubbie faithful? Concede the battlefield, build up in other areas. That part of a fanbase doesn't bother me. If there is a strong Cub area, let it remain Cubbie. If that's the team that you want to root for, go right ahead. But please, don't tell me that I'm stupid for rooting for "the other team."

SOXPHILE
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Overexposed, overhyped, overvalued....

Seriously, what's the difference between the Cubs and the L.A. Clippers? I think I might just refer to the Cubs as the Clippers when talking about them.

The difference is the Clippers have only been around as a franchise since 1970 (as the "Braves"), and they don't have legions and legions of drunken, basketball ignorant "fans" following them around, claiming that their team is the most historic team in the NBA, while the media continues to feed and perpetrate the myth. There are no documentaries and books, at least that I know of, detailing the "fans" and all the "suffering" they have to go through, while claiming they are the greatest most loyal in the world.

areilly
02-02-2009, 10:30 AM
The difference is the Clippers have only been around as a franchise since 1970 (as the "Braves"), and they don't have legions and legions of drunken, basketball ignorant "fans" following them around, claiming that their team is the most historic team in the NBA, while the media continues to feed and perpetrate the myth. There are no documentaries and books, at least that I know of, detailing the "fans" and all the "suffering" they have to go through, while claiming they are the greatest most loyal in the world.

That would be a great social experiment - turning the Clippers into the "Cubs of basketball." Someone should get to work on this.

ChiSoxFan81
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
That would be a great social experiment - turning the Clippers into the "Cubs of basketball." Someone should get to work on this.

I planted some ivy on the Staples Center.

PatK
02-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Ronnie Woo-woo Wickers (the rags to rags story about a guy that WGN made famous by actually allowing him air time.)

LOL@ rags to rags