PDA

View Full Version : sCrUB fans on crack

LuvChiSox
05-24-2002, 10:35 AM
....and here is the proof, more fodder from the scrub boards:

Like the great phoenix rising from the funeral pyre, the Cubbies leave Wrigley with a three game winning streak, McGriff and Alou are heating up, the youngsters have arrived, the pitching is solid and will get better, wounded Cubbies healing and due back soon, and Sammy is Sammy...

SO

it's on to Houston where the Astros will burn (hopefully along with all those Enron bastards) so let's go CUBBIES...now that the flame has been lit - let's burn, baby, BURN!!!
-------------------------------------
i dont want to hear from any of you guys that are so called fans.you all should be banned from this board.you all know who you are that keep crying about every little thing.
first the mcgriff,then alou,then pitching,then how many games we keep losing,then about baylor,then about lineups.if its not one thing its another that alot of you guys cry about all the time.
me and a few more on this board kept saying relax its to early to panic and start with that there already finished for the season.i hope that you guys are finally going to realize that this team is not done BY A LONG SHOT.
we have a darn good team that will win this division by atleast 5/7 games even with the bad start because we have got a tremedous team full of talent that cant be held in check all year.
also now what are going to be your comments about mcgriff,you guys are seeing it live how this guy is coming out of it and climbing up the stat chart just like i said he would.go ahead and say that he still hasnt proved anything yet and BURY YOURSELF a little deeper because thats just going to prolong the crow eating a little longer i guess.
you guys know you were DEAD wrong about mcgriff and your going to be wrong about alou soon to along with the whole cub team soon enough.im sure that youll be back on the band wagon singing the praises and acting like you knew from the beginning not to worry about this team because their to good.
remember 1 thing ,we all know who never gave up on this team and we also know who are the guys that thru the towel in.the only guy i think that it wouldnt matter what you do with is baylor because this team will win with him or without him.
i hope all of you guys remember what you were saying about mcgriff and alou because you will learn fast about putting your foot in your mouths.
---------------------------------
you got it baby,the cubs will be dominate very soon.
--------------------------------------------------------
My Diary Notes:

6:40 PM. A bright light descends directly from heaven and from the light emerges a tall young man with piano legs to the cheers of thousands.

OKay Mark Prior leaves dugout to head to bullpen mound. As more and more people see him the applause becomes a roar.

7:00 Cancer and AIDS Cured. Peace in the Middle East.

Okay Mark Prior emerges to take his spot on the mound. Cheers rain down like a waterfall.

Seriously great game. I yelled myself hoarse. I still am a little croaky.
-----------------------------------------------
... The whinners should go over to the Southside of town, thats
>all they do over there. Alou,Mcgriff, and the rest of the boys are just
>warming up, evidence today's game. The Cubs are on there way up !!!!!

Iwritecode
05-24-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox

Like the great phoenix rising from the funeral pyre, the Cubbies leave Wrigley with a three game winning streak, McGriff and Alou are heating up, the youngsters have arrived, the pitching is solid and will get better, wounded Cubbies healing and due back soon, and Sammy is Sammy...

SO

it's on to Houston where the Astros will burn (hopefully along with all those Enron bastards) so let's go CUBBIES...now that the flame has been lit - let's burn, baby, BURN!!!
-------------------------------------
i dont want to hear from any of you guys that are so called fans.you all should be banned from this board.you all know who you are that keep crying about every little thing.
first the mcgriff,then alou,then pitching,then how many games we keep losing,then about baylor,then about lineups.if its not one thing its another that alot of you guys cry about all the time.
me and a few more on this board kept saying relax its to early to panic and start with that there already finished for the season.i hope that you guys are finally going to realize that this team is not done BY A LONG SHOT.
we have a darn good team that will win this division by atleast 5/7 games even with the bad start because we have got a tremedous team full of talent that cant be held in check all year.
also now what are going to be your comments about mcgriff,you guys are seeing it live how this guy is coming out of it and climbing up the stat chart just like i said he would.go ahead and say that he still hasnt proved anything yet and BURY YOURSELF a little deeper because thats just going to prolong the crow eating a little longer i guess.
you guys know you were DEAD wrong about mcgriff and your going to be wrong about alou soon to along with the whole cub team soon enough.im sure that youll be back on the band wagon singing the praises and acting like you knew from the beginning not to worry about this team because their to good.
remember 1 thing ,we all know who never gave up on this team and we also know who are the guys that thru the towel in.the only guy i think that it wouldnt matter what you do with is baylor because this team will win with him or without him.
i hope all of you guys remember what you were saying about mcgriff and alou because you will learn fast about putting your foot in your mouths.
---------------------------------
you got it baby,the cubs will be dominate very soon.
--------------------------------------------------------
My Diary Notes:

6:40 PM. A bright light descends directly from heaven and from the light emerges a tall young man with piano legs to the cheers of thousands.

OKay Mark Prior leaves dugout to head to bullpen mound. As more and more people see him the applause becomes a roar.

7:00 Cancer and AIDS Cured. Peace in the Middle East.

Okay Mark Prior emerges to take his spot on the mound. Cheers rain down like a waterfall.

Seriously great game. I yelled myself hoarse. I still am a little croaky.
-----------------------------------------------
... The whinners should go over to the Southside of town, thats
>all they do over there. Alou,Mcgriff, and the rest of the boys are just
>warming up, evidence today's game. The Cubs are on there way up !!!!!

These guys have no idea how big the hole they dug themselves into really is. Weren't they like 13 or 14 games under .500? How many teams have gotten back to .500 after being that low at any point in the season? 2 or 3? I know the Sox did it last year but I don't see the Cubs managing it.

RKMeibalane
05-24-2002, 11:20 AM
Don't worry. They won't. The Cubs don't have the balanced offense that the Sox do, so it won't matter how well their pitching staff performs. They'll still lose games 3-2 and fall farther behind the Reds.

voodoochile
05-24-2002, 12:02 PM
Man, you can't write stuff like that... or at least most people can't...

Like the great phoenix rising from the funeral pyre Put down the Sun-Times and step away from the computer.

:moron
"Great stuff, I may use that tomorrow..."

... The whinners should go over to the Southside of town, thats all they do over there. Man, they can't even SPELL "winners", let alone know what it takes to field one...

:D:

Too f'n funny...

Procol Harum
05-24-2002, 12:10 PM
And the trouble is...these people are our very own co-workers, neighbors and--in very scary instances--our own family! Aiiiiieeee!

cheeses_h_rice
05-24-2002, 12:16 PM
If I had a dime for every time I heard this same garbage during past miserable seasons ('99 especially) when the Flubbies rattled off an "impressive" 3-game win streak, I wouldn't be sitting here at this desk collecting a paycheck.

After all, aren't the Tigers on a 6-game streak of their own? That's funny, I don't see any Tigers fans claiming that this is "their year."

Procol Harum
05-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
After all, aren't the Tigers on a 6-game streak of their own? That's funny, I don't see any Tigers fans claiming that this is "their year."

It does seem to be an almost inherent Cubbie fan tendency, doesn't it? Can you think of the fandom of any other team with this sort of mentality in any other sport? I think Mets fans back in the day used to be something of this mindset but it was shortlivedd--their exposure to actual success made the demanding NYC mentality rise quickly to the fore.

pearso66
05-25-2002, 01:26 AM
funny thing you mention tiger fans, i go to school in east lansing, so i hear from tiger fans, i dont know what they are saying now, but i do know they called the season a wash before it started, they know their team sucks, and they own up to it, unlike our northside counterparts

WhiteSoxWinner
05-25-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox

Oh, yeah, I'm sure he climbing up both the MLB and the Flubs stat sheet. What, has he made all the way to third on the team in hitting with a .225 average? And wow, didn't he just pass a couple of pinch hitters in the MLB RBI totals? But hey, he is better than Junior Griffey, right? What a crock, and not of butter.