PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Brewers tickets (in Milwaukee)

anewman35
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
The Brewers are having a lottery for "Marquee Game" tickets, which according to the little graphic on their main page includes games against the Cubs and Sox. Signup starts at 10:00 this morning at http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/ticketing/openingday_tixop_form.jsp. Let's get as many Sox fans as possible there (and as many Brewers fans as possible for the Cubs games!)

esbrechtel
01-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I really want to see Miller Park this season. Haven't had a chance to go up there and seeing the sox play there would be just a great reason to go. thanks for the heads up!

soxfan21
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I'll probably try to get some outfield seats, not too expensive and might be able to go to the saturday and sunday games then.

Marqhead
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of Miller park, and if I can score some of these it will give me an excuse to go up there for a weekend (not that I need one now.)

skobabe8
01-28-2009, 10:11 AM
I really liked Miller Park. We went there to see the Brewers/Yankees a few summers ago. I suggest taking the tour, well worth the $6 or $8 or whatever.

Dirty30
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
I wonder if the Sox will be doing another trip like they did last year? How cool would it be if there were a bunch of Sox fans sitting in the same section for all three games, and not all in different sections in the park?

soxfan21
01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Just registered, hopefully will get some tickets.

hi im skot
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for posting this. The hi im skot family hopes to take its summer vacation in Milwaukee this year.

skobabe8
01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Filled out my form. Safehouse, here I come!

ChiSoxFan81
01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
I've been waiting like 7 years to go back up there for a Sox game, and of course my sister-in-law is getting married in Texas that weekend. Just my luck.

cleanwsox
01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering when they were going to go on sale.

Sockinchisox
01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Brats + SS Sauce.

I usually make it up there to see a Brewer game during the summer, so this is a great opportunity. Even If I don't get a ticket from this I plan on purchasing one or two anyway.

chisoxfanatic
01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I wonder if the Sox will be doing another trip like they did last year? How cool would it be if there were a bunch of Sox fans sitting in the same section for all three games, and not all in different sections in the park?

I emailed my ticket rep about this, and he said that it would be something to consider, having this as one of their Grinder road trips. I would be in for that.

thomas35forever
01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Are these tickets going to sell quickly? I'm sure it'll be tougher to get 'em now than ten years ago.

soxwon
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
chill out- there will be plenty of seats left in late feb when these games go onsale.
the box office told me lots of seats will be around even after a lottery.

hawkjt
01-29-2009, 01:00 AM
You think it will even sell out ? Just in case I had some last minute additions to my caravan?

Do the Brewers sell out on weekend games? Last year they were good but maybe not so good this year without CC?

Chrisaway
01-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Already got a 20 game plan for the Brew Crew which includes 2 of the Sox games and a few random cubs games to sell:devil:. I usually go up there like 6-8 times a year. They have bobblehead giveaways most every sunday home game.

Chrisaway
01-29-2009, 03:43 AM
You think it will even sell out ? Just in case I had some last minute additions to my caravan?

Do the Brewers sell out on weekend games? Last year they were good but maybe not so good this year without CC? Yeah most every game I caught last year was a sellout (weekend games).

chisoxfanatic
01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
If they don't have a Grinder Road Trip for this thing, would anyone be in favor of organizing a small WSI group outing for the thing?

SaltyPretzel
01-29-2009, 08:58 PM
If they don't have a Grinder Road Trip for this thing, would anyone be in favor of organizing a small WSI group outing for the thing?

Do it now. I ordered my group tickets today and my rep said that he will probably have my seat locations tomorrow already.

WhiffleBall
01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Do it now. I ordered my group tickets today and my rep said that he will probably have my seat locations tomorrow already.

How many tickets did you need to order to get group tickets? What was the cost?

Thanks

Dibbs
01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I will register, but I can't believe how much has changed in 12-15 years. We used to drive to old County Stadium day of game and buy the worst ticket possible, and sit right behind home plate with plenty of seats to spare.

RockJock07
01-30-2009, 10:34 AM

I have a very close friend in the Brewers season ticket office and he claims that they are doing VERY well this season. He said that his boss is close with the director of season ticket sales at the Sox and he said the Sox are doing well in this econ and teams like the Indians and Tigers are REALLY struggling in terms of ticket packages.

If you guys would like to do a group I know for a fact they the onsale is Feburary 7th for groups but there is a chance you could get it in before it hits the public.

I know that they have room left in all-inclusive for the Sox games so If you guys are interested I would suggest someone message me and I can give you his contact info would would ensure you can get into a game up here at Miller Park.

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
How is public transportation en route to Miller Park, or is it a foregone conclusion that you would have to park by the stadium?

NLaloosh
01-30-2009, 12:16 PM
take the train - it's no problem.

Giv20
01-30-2009, 12:22 PM
If it's a nice day, you can park on Bluemound Rd., north of the park,
and park on the street. If no spots, there's a church a couple blocks west
of Kelly's Bleachers that charged $5 to park last year. It's probably
a mile or so walk. If you get "thirsty" a number of bars have free
shuttle. (Kelly's, Long Wongs, Steve's, Rounding Third)
:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
How is public transportation en route to Miller Park, or is it a foregone conclusion that you would have to park by the stadium?
Parking at Miller Park is pretty cheap in my opinion. When I was there a couple years ago, I parked in an official lot for only $7. I'd say parking averages less than half that of the cost to park at Comiskey. If you carpool and have everyone pitch in for parking, it's only a couple bucks per person.

SaltyPretzel
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
How many tickets did you need to order to get group tickets? What was the cost?

Thanks

I bought the loge bleacher tickets for $30 each and bus parking of $35. It's a "marquee" game, so the tickets are priced higher. You need a group of 25.

Here's the rep who's helping me out. He seems to be very responsive:

Ivan Ignatowski
Ticket Sales Representative
Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club
Phone:414-902-4492
Fax:414-902-4056
ivan.Ignatowski@brewers.com

hi im skot
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Park on Bluemound or Wisconsin. Exiting the Miller Park lot is a ****storm.

RockJock07
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Parking at Miller Park is pretty cheap in my opinion. When I was there a couple years ago, I parked in an official lot for only $7. I'd say parking averages less than half that of the cost to park at Comiskey. If you carpool and have everyone pitch in for parking, it's only a couple bucks per person.

It's very cheap. Preferred parking is $11 with a package or $18 on the weekends without a package.

general parking is $7 or $10 on the weekend, Miller Park and the Brewers in general are very affordable.

RockJock07
02-02-2009, 12:40 PM

Do the Brewers sell out on weekend games? Last year they were good but maybe not so good this year without CC?

Most teams sell out on the weekend, except for the Marlins or Pirates. Besides the Brewers outdrew the White Sox last season and will probably do so this season.

Lorenzo Barcelo
02-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Checking out their site, it looks like they jacked up ticket prices and the price for parking because the Sox are a marquee matchup.

Foulke You
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM

The last time the Sox played the Brewers in a regular season game at Miller Park was in 2001. All three games sold out if memory serves and there were a ton of Sox fans in attendance. Since the Sox haven't played there in years and both teams are coming off playoff appearances, if you want to go, I'd suggest getting your tickets early.

KenBerryGrab
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Presale has been huge for the Brewers. They topped 1 million sold earliest in their history.

RockJock07
02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
on a unrelated note. I just moved up to the Milwaukee area. MLBTV blacksout the White Sox and I don't have access to extra innings, is there a way to see the White sox on tv. I can still get 670 so all is not lost however, other then WGN, is there any way to watch the sox?

hi im skot
02-03-2009, 12:07 AM
on a unrelated note. I just moved up to the Milwaukee area. MLBTV blacksout the White Sox and I don't have access to extra innings, is there a way to see the White sox on tv. I can still get 670 so all is not lost however, other then WGN, is there any way to watch the sox?

When I lived in Milwaukee I watched the Sox on mlb.tv...

:scratch:

Marqhead
02-03-2009, 08:25 AM
When I lived in Milwaukee I watched the Sox on mlb.tv...

:scratch:

So did I. What area of Milwaukee are you in? You should be able to get MLBTV.

RockJock07
02-03-2009, 09:58 AM
So did I. What area of Milwaukee are you in? You should be able to get MLBTV.

Elm Grove. I went into the MLBTV page and typed in my zip code and it said that the Cubs, Sox, and Brewers were blacked out.

maybe something changed, i'll look again though

Marqhead
02-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Elm Grove. I went into the MLBTV page and typed in my zip code and it said that the Cubs, Sox, and Brewers were blacked out.

maybe something changed, i'll look again though

Wow, that's brutal if it's true. 53233 got me all the sox games on MLBtv. There are a decent amount on WGN, but without MLBtv I would have missed the 2005 september run.

Of course extra innings is ideal, but you already said you don't have access to it. Maybe the rules changed.

MarkZ35
02-03-2009, 05:15 PM
How much are the packages through mlb.tv and you can get that on your laptop right?

fox23
02-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Hooray! My group ticket order for 50 tix for the Saturday game went through! And now I'll try not to focus on the fact that I'm broke for the time being...

SaltyPretzel
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Hooray! My group ticket order for 50 tix for the Saturday game went through! And now I'll try not to focus on the fact that I'm broke for the time being...

Cool, I bought 36 tickets in section 238. My rep said that I was lucky to get bleachers because there's a really high demand.

fox23
02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Cool, I bought 36 tickets in section 238. My rep said that I was lucky to get bleachers because there's a really high demand.

Yeah, I ended up getting 202 in right field. Looks like we can attack from both ends of the bleachers!!!

nug0hs
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Where are you guys getting these tickets from?

DoItForDanPasqua
02-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Filled out my form. Safehouse, here I come!

What's the password?

fox23
02-07-2009, 12:55 PM
I requested group ticket info a few months ago on the Brewers website. A rep got back to me last weekend and helped me set up everything from there.

Where are you guys getting these tickets from?

roylestillman
02-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Brewer group sales started online for everybody today. Minimum 25 tickets.

dickallen15
02-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Has anyone seen how much they are jacking up prices for these games?

skobabe8
02-07-2009, 01:38 PM
What's the password?

I aint tellin.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-10-2009, 03:47 AM
Park on Bluemound or Wisconsin. Exiting the Miller Park lot is a ****storm.

That's why you tailgate AFTER the game too till it lets up, usually 15-45 mins max before you can get out easily. If it's a nice day, the time flies. That being said, i plan to go to atleast 2 of the three games.

MUsoxfan
02-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Has anyone seen how much they are jacking up prices for these games?

Looks like 30% or so across the board for their games vs the Cubs and Sox. Can't really fault them for it.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Looks like 30% or so across the board for their games vs the Cubs and Sox. Can't really fault them for it.

ya, Cubs, and sox this year. In the past it has been Cubs/Cards/Yankees(when they come to town).

champagne030
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
ya, Cubs, and sox this year. In the past it has been Cubs/Cards/Yankees(when they come to town).

My ticket rep bought me tickets from their ticket rep friend for Milwaukee.

Make friends with your rep in you can....

Nelfox02
02-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Glad to see there will be a nice contigent of Sox fans at these games, I went up there last year for a Cardinals game and it was one of the worst times I ever had in a park. I was wearing a Pujols jersey and some a$$holes behind us were throwing water bottles, hot dog wrappers, cups. Closest I have ever come to getting in a fight at a game after the second thrown bottle hit my pregnant wife.

Strength in numbers when the Sox show up to pad our division lead with interleague play

fox23
02-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Glad to see there will be a nice contigent of Sox fans at these games, I went up there last year for a Cardinals game and it was one of the worst times I ever had in a park. I was wearing a Pujols jersey and some a$$holes behind us were throwing water bottles, hot dog wrappers, cups. Closest I have ever come to getting in a fight at a game after the second thrown bottle hit my pregnant wife.

Strength in numbers when the Sox show up to pad our division lead with interleague play

I'm sorry to hear you got treated that way. I haven't had that problem going to games there decked out in my Cards gear before, so I'd suggest giving them one more chance. I must say last year the fans were a little more chippy than I've ever seen, though.

Nelfox02
02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I definitely will, I wil go to at least the white sox saturday game up there this year. I ve been to miller park several times before last year, and that was the first time I have had an issue. Although the fans do seem a little out there at times. Year before we were in the right field seats, a couple rows from the back and in the section next to us we saw about five guys get led out in handcuffs for throwing trash on the field. Game last year several fights during the post game cookouts in the parking lots....must be something in the water I guess

Not that everyone in the cell is an angel tho, no matter where you go you will find idiots

looking forward to sox taking at least 2 of 3 that weekend

SaltyPretzel
02-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Game last year several fights during the post game cookouts in the parking lots....must be something in the water I guess

When I went to school in Milwaukee, it was Cryptosporidium. :puking:

SouthSideHitman
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, I just signed up for the lottery.

On a related noted, I was at the Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee last month, which is home to Bernie Brewer's old shack from Country Stadium, which they let you take a tour of. Now I don't know how much of this is new and how much is authentic, but the place was FILLED with anti-cubs grafitti, including some which appeared to be from actual cubs losses. There were also a few pro-Sox writings, to boot. Anyway, that just warmed the cockles of my heart and I thought y'all would enjoy it.

chisox12
02-18-2009, 01:22 PM
When do we find out if we won the lottery for the tickets?

I just checked the Brewers site and there was nothing about the "marquee" games.