PDA

View Full Version : Alexei ramirez now among white sox players scheduled to attend soxfest

SoxComms
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, January 22, 2009

ALEXEI RAMIREZ NOW AMONG WHITE SOX PLAYERS

SCHEDULED TO ATTEND SOXFEST

Infielder Joins Roster of White Sox Stars Planning to Appear at Annual Fan Event

CHICAGO Chicago White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez now is scheduled join John Danks, Jermaine Dye, Gavin Floyd, Bobby Jenks, Paul Konerko, Carlos Quentin, Jim Thomeand other teammates,alongwithmanager Ozzie Guillen and general manager Ken Williams, at SoxFest 2009, presented by U.S. Cellular.

A limited number of hotel packages and three-day weekend passes (with hotel reservations) remain available. There also are limited number of two-day passes, which are good for both Saturday and Sunday, available to the fans. Friday night of SoxFest is exclusively for hotel guests. Single day passes to Saturday and Sunday are sold out.

SoxFest 2009 will be held Friday, January 30, Saturday, January 31 and Sunday, February 1, 2009 at the Palmer House Hilton. Dates and times are: Friday, 4:00 to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Other current players and coaches scheduled to attend are Brian Anderson, Harold Baines, Jeff Cox, Chris Getz, Scott Linebrink, Juan Nieves, Jerry Owens, Clayton Richard, Adam Russell, Mark Salas, Ehren Wassermann, Greg Walker and DeWayne Wise. Announcers Ken Hawk Harrelson, Steve Stone and Ed Farmer also will be in attendance.

Legendary White Sox executives and players also will attend SoxFest, including: Roland Hemond, Kevin Hickey, Ron Kittle, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso and Moose Skowron. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the American League champion Go-Go Sox team. Commemorating the occasion, former White Sox players Jim Landis, Billy Pierce, Jim Rivera and Bob Shaw are scheduled to attend SoxFest.

-30-

2009 Chicago White Sox

salty99
01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
That's great! Now you just need to add Buehrle, AJ, and Fields.

EndemicSox
01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
How is his english coming along, as we all know he is going to hit .285+ with 20+ HR's!?!? He appeared to be on the right path towards the end of the year...props to him.

JGarlandrules20
01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Yay! I wasn't expecting him at all. This is awesome news. :D:

munchman33
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
What the hell is he thinking? He could slip and fall on the ice and be out for the year. I wonder what the White Sox would think about paying his salary if he got hurt attending such a meaningless event? My assumption is that they would be inclined not too. What a selfish tool.

soxfandoug
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Awesome, can't wait to get some of these signed!

http://www.chisoxcollector.com/images/pfimages/alexei_8x10.jpg

PaleHoser
01-23-2009, 10:12 AM
That's a great shot. :thumbsup:

esbrechtel
01-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Now I am a little bummed I am not going. I'd love to get that shot of Alexei signed. I also have the tribune saved that says "MISSILE LAUNCHER"

oh well my checkbook isn't bummed I'm not going :D:

If the schedule comes out maybe I will pop for sunday tickets if he will be signing sunday...

Sockinchisox
01-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Looks like I have a 3rd person to put on my list.

salty99
01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Now I am a little bummed I am not going. I'd love to get that shot of Alexei signed. I also have the tribune saved that says "MISSILE LAUNCHER"

oh well my checkbook isn't bummed I'm not going :D:

If the schedule comes out maybe I will pop for sunday tickets if he will be signing sunday...

sunday is sold out..only available tickets are sat/sun combo and hotel packages

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Great news, hopefully he's there Sunday.

tstrike2000
01-23-2009, 01:41 PM
What the hell is he thinking? He could slip and fall on the ice and be out for the year. I wonder what the White Sox would think about paying his salary if he got hurt attending such a meaningless event? My assumption is that they would be inclined not too. What a selfish tool.

I'm well aware of many of your other posts, but against my better judgment, I'm assuming your post was meant to be in teal.

doublem23
01-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm well aware of many of your other posts, but against my better judgment, I'm assuming your post was meant to be in teal.

He's making fun of the people who are up in arms about players participating in the WBC.

munchman33
01-23-2009, 02:29 PM

Haha..yeah. Just razzing the WBC haters.

Frontman
01-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Haha..yeah. Just razzing the WBC haters.

You mean like John Danks?

munchman33
01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
You mean like John Danks?

Exceptions prove rules now?

Konerko05
01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Exceptions prove rules now?

He's just razzing the WBC lovers.

munchman33
01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
He's just razzing the WBC lovers.

I don't love the WBC. I just think people are being ridiculous, given how small a time and effort commitment it is compared to other winter leagues we've had guys playing in for years without contest (Jose Valentin's hamstrings were there every offseason without one complaint on this board). And it's the safest of all winter leagues to boot, with play restrictions and a wealth of trainers and medical facilities. It smells a lot more like an anti-Selig thing than anything.

Anyway I don't want this to be a hijack. It was just a pun.

Frontman
01-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Translation:

"It's only funny when I do it." munchman33

munchman33
01-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Translation:

"It's only funny when I do it." munchman33

Alexei is coming to Soxfest! :thumbsup:

BainesHOF
01-24-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking Fields, along with Cora, won't be there because they're working together on Fields' fielding. I want to say they've been doing so somewhere in Florida.

Frontman
01-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Alexei is coming to Soxfest! :thumbsup:

Which, at the end of Soxfest; is the good part. :thumbsup:

october23sp
01-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Damn, I wish I could go damn North Dakota.

ohthosechisox
01-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow this is great news! :D:

hawkjt
01-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Alexei getting some love on MLB Network...#2 defensive play of the year by an infielder on his backhand scoop to a barehanded Paulie...and had one of the Plays of the Year with his rookie record 4th grand slam....

What a splash by Alexei...what can do for an encore?

whitesox901
01-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Alexei getting some love on MLB Network...#2 defensive play of the year by an infielder on his backhand scoop to a barehanded Paulie...and had one of the Plays of the Year with his rookie record 4th grand slam....

im hoping bat .333+ and be 10x defensively IMO

JermaineDye05
01-29-2009, 01:42 AM

#2? Wow #1 had to have been really good.

guillensdisciple
01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
im hoping bat .333+ and be 10x defensively IMO

If he has any work ethic, which I am assuming he does, he might vault himself into the elite of his position. Derek Jeter is good, but there isn't a dominating short stop out there, at least from my recollection, so I think, in terms of hitting production, Alexei can really take over the A.L. lead.

hawkjt
01-29-2009, 02:13 PM
#2? Wow #1 had to have been really good.

#1 was a play by Cabrera of the Indians,I think...but he was at second and went out to short centerfield to dive and catch a bloop...totally bad choice in my opinon when you looked at Alexei's play as competition.
His play?...made every week in MLB...Alexei's play? as Hawk said...never seen it done before.