PDA

View Full Version : Good Sox Youtube video (song)

OfficerKark
01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpgloOssBR4

enjoy!

Rdy2PlayBall
01-21-2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpgloOssBR4

enjoy!I'm sad now. I thought someone actually made a good version of that song. :(: It was a nice video though. :wink: I had an crazy good one up (my opinion)... then Youtube took it off after a week. :whiner:

turners56
01-21-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm sad now. I thought someone actually made a good version of that song. :(: It was a nice video though. :rolleyes: I had an crazy good one up (my opinion)... then Youtube took it off after a week. :whiner:

I had a whole season review with videos of the best highlights. YouTube took it down in 5 minutes. Haha.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I had a whole season review with videos of the best highlights. YouTube took it down in 5 minutes. Haha. That stinks, at least I got like 100 people to see it. :D That's basically what mine was, but just homeruns and some good plays. :P I wish you could just say "Copyright of MLB.com" or something. :(: I'd show you my video but last time I tried I got it taken off here too! :rolling:

JNS
01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
That stinks, at least I got like 100 people to see it. :D That's basically what mine was, but just homeruns and some good plays. :P I wish you could just say "Copyright of MLB.com" or something. :(: I'd show you my video but last time I tried I got it taken off here too! :rolling:

I think it's hilarious, especially the monotone "Sox."

oeo
01-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Ugh. I don't want the Sox connected with that terrible song.

nysox35
01-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Have to agree. I cringed during that

doublem23
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM

Agreed. Just as bad as someone waving a Sox W flag or planting ivy at the Cell.

:chunks

october23sp
01-21-2009, 07:54 PM
ugh. I don't want the sox connected with that terrible song.

+1

swish
01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
I think it's hilarious, especially the monotone "Sox."

hahahahhahaha i literally laughed out loud when i heard the "sox" or the "american league" "comcast sports net" hahahha what a fool

who ever posted that video should be ashamed...In no way do I want the sox to be connected with that song

guillensdisciple
01-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Agreed. Just as bad as someone waving a Sox W flag or planting ivy at the Cell.

:chunks

I am sick so that picture goes hand in hand with the way I am feeling and the way I feel about this youtube video.

central44
01-21-2009, 09:22 PM
definitley a good idea in theory, but i gotta agree with what's been said already. Regardless of how funny the monotone "Sox" was, hearing that horrible song is like nails on a chalkboard.

I don't care how obnoxious everyone thought "Don't Stop Believing" was. That may have been a minor annoyance to most people. "Go Cubs Go" is a crime against humanity, and I can't think of anyone who's not a Cub fan who can even *tolerate* that song. Maybe if the rest of the baseball world was bombarded with it as much as we were, they'd all learn to hate the Cubs as well.

AJRoxMyWhiteSox
01-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I couldn't make it through. I tried. I wanted to see what you guys were talking about, but I couldn't do it. "Go Cubs Go" is absolutely atrocious. When I was home in Chicago during Christmas break, I ran out of a bar in sub-zero weather without a coat because the DJ played it. I don't want the Sox to be associated with it. Please make it stop.

Boondock Saint
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Gotta agree with everyone else. You get points for effort, but that song sucks no matter what you put over it.

JohnnyInnsbrook
01-21-2009, 10:11 PM
LMAO @ 1:39 - "Comcast Sports Net" :D:

thomas35forever
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Once I heard it was still Steve Goodman, I couldn't watch the rest of it. **** the original song and everything it stands for.

BigHurt35
01-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Come on, how good is the monotone Sox, US Cellular Field, and Comcast Sports Net. Yes the Cubs suck, blah blah blah, get over it. I think it is pretty funny that someone was willing to take the time to dub their own boring voice over every mention of anything Cubs related. Plus pictures of the Missile and Q. Grow up fools, appreciate the art involved.

oeo
01-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Come on, how good is the monotone Sox, US Cellular Field, and Comcast Sports Net. Yes the Cubs suck, blah blah blah, get over it. I think it is pretty funny that someone was willing to take the time to dub their own boring voice over every mention of anything Cubs related. Plus pictures of the Missile and Q. Grow up fools, appreciate the art involved.

Isn't that a funny statement?

Yeah, it was funny, in an extremely lame kind of way. It was so poorly done, that it was quite funny. That doesn't mean I want the Sox associated with the crapfest of a song. Yes, it's that bad.

Rocky Soprano
01-22-2009, 12:38 PM

You call that art?
It was stupid. Why in the world would a Sox fan want to be associated with that song?

doublem23
01-22-2009, 01:04 PM
I am sick so that picture goes hand in hand with the way I am feeling and the way I feel about this youtube video.

That picture is an epic part of WSI lore. NOBOBDY BADMOUTHES THE CHUNKS TAG OR TEAL AS LONG AS I'M AROUND!!!!!!!!!!

chisoxfanatic
01-22-2009, 01:07 PM
That looks like a thing a kindergartner put together! F- for that piece of crap!

SoxGirl4Life
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
That picture is an epic part of WSI lore. NOBOBDY BADMOUTHES THE CHUNKS TAG OR TEAL AS LONG AS I'M AROUND!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the pic was being badmouthed. I had to read this entry a few times myself. It says:

"I'm sick-so the picture goes hand in hand with the way I'm feeling..."

I thought it said, "I'm so sick of this picture.... " which might explain why you thought the picture was being badmouthed. /end lesson

SoxGirl4Life
01-22-2009, 01:29 PM
you call that art?
it was stupid. why in the world would a sox fan want to be associated with that song?

+1

rdwj
01-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Lame - REALLY lame

WhiteSoxJunkie
01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Sucked. And there's a line in the song that goes "They got the power. They got the speed." Only half true.

doublem23
01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think the pic was being badmouthed. I had to read this entry a few times myself. It says:

I thought it said, "I'm so sick of this picture.... " which might explain why you thought the picture was being badmouthed. /end lesson

Yes, you are right. My mistake. Whenever I think people are ragging on teal or that photo, I can get a bit reckless. Then the angry sharks start swimming in my head and... well... Nevermind.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Leave the guy alone. Yea, it's mixed with the Cubs... but it was kind of funny. Just think of it as he is making fun of the song... which he actually is if you read the description. We all know all of us hate the Cubs, you don't have to over exaggerate your emotions by making this guy feel like crap. :rolleyes:

rdwj
01-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Leave the guy alone. Yea, it's mixed with the Cubs... but it was kind of funny. Just think of it as he is making fun of the song... which he actually is if you read the description. We all know all of us hate the Cubs, you don't have to over exaggerate your emotions by making this guy feel like crap. :rolleyes:

This might help

ETN1px7i4KY

doublem23
01-22-2009, 03:01 PM

A) How do you know this is his doing? Nobody claimed ownership of this video.

B) If you don't want your **** criticized, don't post it on the internet. :dunno:

Rdy2PlayBall
01-22-2009, 03:23 PM
A) How do you know this is his doing? Nobody claimed ownership of this video.

B) If you don't want your **** criticized, don't post it on the internet. :dunno:Idk, a NEW member suddenly posts a NEW video. But that's not the point... it's that everyone is over exaggerating how bad it is. None of you want to puke from it. Trust me, I have had my fair (actually more than fair) share of having a video hated on. Youtube is full of haters. :rolleyes:

doublem23
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Idk, a NEW member suddenly posts a NEW video. But that's not the point... it's that everyone is over exaggerating how bad it is. None of you want to puke from it. Trust me, I have had my fair (actually more than fair) share of having a video hated on. Youtube is full of haters. :rolleyes:

The OP has been a member here for almost 2 years longer than you have.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
The OP has been a member here for almost 2 years longer than you have.FINALLY posted then... :rolleyes: Whatever, "your hurting the guys feelings" can just mean the youtuber. A person who uploads a video can see any site the video url is put on, so you can still be making him feel like crap.

thomas35forever
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
This might help

ETN1px7i4KY
Good God is that stupid.

MISoxfan
01-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I might be the only Sox fan that likes Steve Goodman. I don't care if he was a Cubs fan.

soxinem1
01-22-2009, 09:48 PM
It would have been better with the 'Two Towers' number from the Sox Pride DVD.

Why even use anything from the cubs. That would be like them using Nancy Faust music, like Na-Na-Na-Na, Hey-Hey-Hey, Good-bye when they knock out the opposing pitcher in Pigley Field.

TheOzziePlan
01-23-2009, 05:40 AM
I laughed out loud a couple of times, but I died a little inside.

JNS
01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Man! Lighten up people! This is NOT SERIOUS. I think it's pretty funny and well done in an incompetent sort of way. Not something I'd check out twice, but the vitriol seems misplaced.

IT'S A JOKE!

If you don't think it's funny, OK, but don't act as if it's some sort of crime!

I thought being a Sox fan meant being a little brighter than the over-serious gullible folks across town. Many of the posts in this thread just take the thing too seriously - no sense of humor whatsoever.

Again, please lighten up and relax. There's nothing wrong with Steve Goodman. The original song is doofy and corny - I'll take that "we're proud to have you in the middle-West" lyric over that childish song any time, but I though the OP did an OK job of sending the song up - and in the process he managed to wind all you over-serious types.

BigHurt35
01-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Man! Lighten up people! This is NOT SERIOUS. I think it's pretty funny and well done in an incompetent sort of way. Not something I'd check out twice, but the vitriol seems misplaced.

IT'S A JOKE!

If you don't think it's funny, OK, but don't act as if it's some sort of crime!

I thought being a Sox fan meant being a little brighter than the over-serious gullible folks across town. Many of the posts in this thread just take the thing too seriously - no sense of humor whatsoever.

Again, please lighten up and relax. There's nothing wrong with Steve Goodman. The original song is doofy and corny - I'll take that "we're proud to have you in the middle-West" lyric over that childish song any time, but I though the OP did an OK job of sending the song up - and in the process he managed to wind all you over-serious types.

I could not have said it better myself. Anyone can sit there and complain, or cry, or talk about how they are going to throw up because a video is making fun of a Cubs song, none of you are breaking any new ground. Get over yourselves, enjoy a concept that is quite humorous, and move on. It is threads like this that really drives people away from message boards and blogs.

doublem23
01-23-2009, 12:02 PM
I could not have said it better myself. Anyone can sit there and complain, or cry, or talk about how they are going to throw up because a video is making fun of a Cubs song, none of you are breaking any new ground. Get over yourselves, enjoy a concept that is quite humorous, and move on. It is threads like this that really drives people away from message boards and blogs.

Anybody can sit around and complain or cry about people complaining and crying.

:dunno:

#1swisher
01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
It would have been better with the 'Two Towers' number from the Sox Pride DVD.

Why even use anything from the cubs. That would be like them using Nancy Faust music, like Na-Na-Na-Na, Hey-Hey-Hey, Good-bye when they knock out the opposing pitcher in Pigley Field.

Great idea, someone should do this to all the cubs vids.

Rdy2PlayBall
01-23-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmMA4esL8ZQ

TCQ's batting stance! It's pretty funny seeing his reaction, he's smiling... but he is ready to knock some heads into the stands. :rolling:

guillensdisciple
01-23-2009, 04:56 PM

Dead on. I should have watched my grammar.