PDA

View Full Version : I Need Ammo!

Chisox_cali
05-23-2002, 09:18 PM
The Sports Guy who comes on the morning radio show I listen to if originally from Chicago and is, of course, a flub fan. And he was dissing the Sox today because of the Sleepover promotion, Bad Neighborhood(Particulary the Robert Taylor Homes) , Low attendence compared to The Flubs. I didn't hear it but my mom told me about it and he basically hit those points. So I'm gonna send him a e-mail to set his ass straight, but I need some Ammo( i.e facts) from you guys. I know that PHG and Cheeses always have some great stuff but if anybody else has some info post it here!!! :D:

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2002, 09:30 PM
The sleepover promotion is to benefit White Sox Charities, I believe, so how the hell can he be bashing that?

I too would avoid the Robert Taylor homes, but anyone with his head out of his ass would realize that these projects (which are in the process of being dismantled, systematically) are on the other side of the Dan Ryan Expressway from the park. You have to make a real effort to walk by these projects, trust me. I've parked on Michigan Avenue near 35th Street many, many times, and I've never had so much as a mean look directed my way. But, for lily-white pisspants Flub fans like him, I suggest he park in the official White Sox lots, which are conveniently located just outside the park. Sheesh. Also, we've posted here several times about the official crime statistics of the area around Comiskey vs. Wrigleyville, and there are far fewer crimes committed around Comiskey, and most of those are drug crimes probably related to drug sales in the projects.

Just tell the idiot to quit perpetuating the stereotypes. It's incredibly old and stale.

Daver
05-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Just something that has bugged me for awhile,the highrises directly across the Ryan from Comiskey Park are Stateway Gardens,the Robert Taylor homes are 10 blocks south of there.

Sorry but it needed to be said.

WinningUgly!
05-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The Sports Guy who comes on the morning radio show I listen to if originally from Chicago and is, of course, a flub fan. And he was dissing the Sox today because of the Sleepover promotion, Bad Neighborhood(Particulary the Robert Taylor Homes) , Low attendence compared to The Flubs. I didn't hear it but my mom told me about it and he basically hit those points. So I'm gonna send him a e-mail to set his ass straight, but I need some Ammo( i.e facts) from you guys. I know that PHG and Cheeses always have some great stuff but if anybody else has some info post it here!!! :D:

Here's some ammo (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/BeattheCubs/WrigleySecrets.htm)

Viva Magglio
05-23-2002, 11:05 PM

Who the hell is this blowhole, and what is his city and station?

RKMeibalane
05-23-2002, 11:38 PM
I see that cheeses_h_rice mentioned the words old and stale. I can't think of two better words to describe the Cubs.

Chisox_cali
05-23-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Who the hell is this blowhole, and what is his city and station?

Well he goes by the moniker of "Money" and he works at the radio station KROQ out here in L.A. Most of the time he is pretty funny and he usually covers just the L.A. teams except for the Bears this year, but he hardly ever goes into a Cub bias, or anti-sox thing. Just know he's only on a little bit of the show, it's not a sports talk radio show, just your basic Morning Show and he is the sports guy with a 5 minute segment.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-24-2002, 12:11 AM
You might want to check out the new main page feature today on WSI. Photographic proof: 2 out 3 Flubs fans aren't paying attention.

Soxheads
05-24-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
You might want to check out the new main page feature today on WSI. Photographic proof: 2 out 3 Flubs fans aren't paying attention.

That was shweet.

FarWestChicago
05-24-2002, 12:17 AM
You might want to check out the new main page feature today on WSI. Photographic proof: 2 out 3 Flubs fans aren't paying attention. LMAO!!!! That is a good article. :)

Soxheads
05-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LMAO!!!! That is a good article. :)

I nearly spilled my Pepsi-Cola. :gulp:

A really good read.

LongDistanceFan
05-24-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I nearly spilled my Pepsi-Cola. :gulp:

A really good read. that was a great article........... drink a few slim fast.............. that was a gem :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

CLR01
05-24-2002, 03:15 AM

I must disagree with part of the column. While it appears the guy is sucking his thumb his eyes seem to be focused on the action on the field. So it should be 5 "fans" watching the game.

Soxheads
05-24-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

So it should be 5 "fans" watching the game.

Not that it's much of an improvement.

CLR01
05-24-2002, 03:29 AM

Not that it's much of an improvement.

I am not saying it to try to defend the guys. I just feelif we are going to assume what seems obvious, him sucking his thumb, we should also assume he is watching the game. They may not be very smart but come on, even they can do both at once. Ofcourse PHG could be wrong and the guy is not sucking his thumb but is instead getting ready to puke, which would then make it hard for him to be watching the game. Ofcourse he could have also been starring off to his left like the other three but turned his head briefly to cough and the resumed his crowd gazing.

Ah forget it....

Soxheads
05-24-2002, 03:37 AM

I am not saying it to try to defend the guys. I just feelif we are going to assume what seems obvious, him sucking his thumb, we should also assume he is watching the game. They may not be very smart but come on, even they can do both at once. Ofcourse PHG could be wrong and the guy is not sucking his thumb but is instead getting ready to puke, which would then make it hard for him to be watching the game. Ofcourse he could have also been starring off to his left like the other three but turned his head briefly to cough and the resumed his crowd gazing.

Ah forget it....

Quite a workout on the brain this late at night. :smile:

doublem23
05-24-2002, 05:43 AM

That was shweet.

You're starting to sound like me over there, Soxheads...

Next thing you know, he'll be calling them his sweet sweet Cyclones! :D:

doublem23
05-24-2002, 07:04 AM

Just a small taste of what it's like to live in my world, Cali.

'Cept, I hear that crap about 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

doublem23
05-24-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by daver
Just something that has bugged me for awhile,the highrises directly across the Ryan from Comiskey Park are Stateway Gardens,the Robert Taylor homes are 10 blocks south of there.

Sorry but it needed to be said.

But daver, I thought Flub fans knew everything about Chicago and the South Side.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-24-2002, 10:17 AM
I must disagree with part of the column. While it appears the guy is sucking his thumb his eyes seem to be focused on the action on the field. So it should be 5 "fans" watching the game.

Actually, there are 13 fans in the picture. There is a child seated in the lower-right corner I didn't count. He's watching the crowd, too.

Can I swap out the attentive thumb-sucker for the little kid watching the woman with ***s?

:)

Tragg
05-24-2002, 10:27 AM
How about the obvious - the Sox have won umpteen more games than the Cubs have for the past 50 years. The Cubs haven't had back to back winning seasons in, what, 50 years?

And I don't know what's going on down there, but do I detect a note of latent racism with all of these complaints about the neighborhood when the items about which they complain are nowhere near the ballpark?

Chisox353014
05-24-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
How about the obvious - the Sox have won umpteen more games than the Cubs have for the past 50 years. The Cubs haven't had back to back winning seasons in, what, 50 years?

Has anyone really looked at the Flubs season-by-season records (http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/baseball/mlb/teams/CHC/history.htm) before? It's almost unbelievable how consistently bad they've been. How about this fun fact: since ~World War II (when they posted back to back winning seasons in '45 and '46), the Flubs have had exactly one instance of consecutive .500 or better years. That was a six-year span between 1967 and 1972, during which they never once finished first and had one of the greatest collapses in baseball history in 1969. And they've only had a total of 15 winning seasons period since WWII. If you add in the 6 consecutive losing seasons prior to 1945, you have a grand total of 15 winning seasons in the last 64 years!!
Contrast that to the Sox, who have fielded 37 winning teams (including this year) in that same time span. Lots of back-to-back winning seasons too. There is really no comparison. The Cubs suck and have sucked for a looooong time now.

chisoxfanatic
05-24-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

Has anyone really looked at the Flubs season-by-season records (http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/baseball/mlb/teams/CHC/history.htm) before? It's almost unbelievable how consistently bad they've been. How about this fun fact: since ~World War II (when they posted back to back winning seasons in '45 and '46), the Flubs have had exactly one instance of consecutive .500 or better years. That was a six-year span between 1967 and 1972, during which they never once finished first and had one of the greatest collapses in baseball history in 1969. And they've only had a total of 15 winning seasons period since WWII. If you add in the 6 consecutive losing seasons prior to 1945, you have a grand total of 15 winning seasons in the last 64 years!!
Contrast that to the Sox, who have fielded 37 winning teams (including this year) in that same time span. Lots of back-to-back winning seasons too. There is really no comparison. The Cubs suck and have sucked for a looooong time now.

In addition to this, may it be known that out of the past 50 seasons, the White Sox have finished with a better record than the northside minor league team in 39 of them! 40 of 51 after this season!

And if any Cub fans wanna tell you that it's because their league is the tougher league, ask them how many times they have had to play the Yankees? The Yankees alone, winners of 25% of the World Series titles, always makes the AL the tougher league; add on these other steller teams such as the White Sox and Mariners of 2000 and the like and you've got one very tough AL. The NL doesn't amount to the AL!

Heather the Redbird

Soxheads
05-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

You're starting to sound like me over there, Soxheads...

Next thing you know, he'll be calling them his sweet sweet Cyclones! :D:

Uh oh, I think em's starting to rub off on me!

:bundy
"Dear God, No!" :D: