PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Promotional Schedule

BubblingCalderon
01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

I hope they add to this. I know the Swisher Bobblehead was added later last season so maybe there is still hope for those of us who like Promotional giveaways.

MinnySoxFan
01-16-2009, 07:59 PM
They better add to it. I am planning on going to the Dodgers series and they better do something then. I don't care if they give us a '59 sox pin or something.

Harry Potter
01-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Pretty weak IMO

itsnotrequired
01-16-2009, 08:27 PM
another year, another preliminary promotion schedule, another bitch thread.

right on cue...

MarkZ35
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
The promotional scheule has really declined over the last few years in partcular. 5 years ago they were giving away bobbleheads. I can remember in the 90's the free card holders, bat giveaways, and other good things. Now IMO the promotional giveaway schedule is very weak. As of right now there are no games this year that are going to drag me there. I go to games whenever I can but every year there are usually a few giveaways that I really want so I make an extra effort to get to the game.

WagMan
01-16-2009, 10:53 PM
I hope they bring 80's night back. It was pretty "rad"! Last year, it was the night after mullet night and, so far, that night is free. Tubular!

soxfan21
01-16-2009, 11:48 PM
It's still early, half the days that should have something don't yet, I'm not to worried about it.

It's Dankerific
01-16-2009, 11:51 PM
Elvis night???

WhiteSox1989
01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Those calenders they gave out last year were pretty sweet.

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Those calenders they gave out last year were pretty sweet.

Definitely! I've got mine hanging up in my classroom and each month, I find myself explaining what the pictures mean to the kids who ask.

SOXfnNlansing
01-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm excited! If it's free, it's for me.:bandance:

Lundind1
01-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Elvis night???

Two points, where the hell is it??? I love that night although the singer was lacking this past year where he did well the year before. They have a premium night on the color block schedule for August 21st, so that would indicate they are going to have it. The prices for the games are determined waaaaayyyyy ahead of time and included in the STH pricing. So they should have it.

Second thing, what the hell is the Twins grand slam group night??? Tuesday September 22 is Twins GSG night. If it is a dedicated group of twins fans, I say we have people show in force to get all the other tickets and turn it into a huge go Sox party.

AJRoxMyWhiteSox
01-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Second thing, what the hell is the Twins grand slam group night??? Tuesday September 22 is Twins GSG night. If it is a dedicated group of twins fans, I say we have people show in force to get all the other tickets and turn it into a huge go Sox party.

My guess is twins as in Olsen twins, and someone had the idea that it should coincide with when the Twinkies are in town. (I don't believe I referenced the Olsen twins...I'm so sorry.) If it's for Twins fans, that would have to be the worst promotion ever.

minutia
01-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I kind of expect this to be thin because of the economy. They lost some major sponsors. If you think about it there were a lot fewere fireworks nights last summer. All that stuff costs money and if sponsorships are drying up so do promotions. Just a thought.

Standing Ovation
01-17-2009, 10:50 AM
What is the facination with free crap with a sponsor's logo on it?

anewman35
01-17-2009, 11:45 AM
They better add to it. I am planning on going to the Dodgers series and they better do something then. I don't care if they give us a '59 sox pin or something.

They "better"? Do you go to games to get a piece of crap giveaway or do you go to see a baseball game? :scratch:

MinnySoxFan
01-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Considering I don't live in Buffalo Grove or anywhere near Chicago, I don't get many oppurtunities to go to the park. I would like to get a little more bang for my buck since it does cost 40 bucks for a freaking ticket.

DumpJerry
01-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Considering I don't live in Buffalo Grove or anywhere near Chicago, I don't get many oppurtunities to go to the park. I would like to get a little more bang for my buck since it does cost 40 bucks for a freaking ticket.
The taco salad is a great deal for its price.

soxfanreggie
01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
The neat looking bobbleheads? They make great conversation pieces for my desk at work.

thomas35forever
01-17-2009, 09:13 PM
What is the facination with free crap with a sponsor's logo on it?
Meh...crap is crap I guess.:shrug:

whitesox901
01-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Sweet, I'll get to do Mullet night with my mom and dad! Noway I'm getting a haircut now :D:

Believe It!
01-21-2009, 08:01 PM
YES

gettin me a green hat this year, halfway to St Patty's day fall within my vacation week

SCORE:Rocker:

ChiSoxGirl
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM
YES

gettin me a green hat this year, halfway to St Patty's day fall within my vacation week

SCORE:Rocker:

Last year, all we got out of Halfway to St. Patrick's Day was a hat, since the game was rained out.

Parrothead
01-21-2009, 11:11 PM
If it is free...it is for me ! :bandance:

SoxFan78
01-22-2009, 09:01 AM

So seeing the game isn't enough for you? I don't understand this at all. Going to the game is worth the price of admission. Receiving some 10 buck bobblehead or 1.50 t-shirt isn't going to make my game experience any better.

Believe It!
01-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Last year, all we got out of Halfway to St. Patrick's Day was a hat, since the game was rained out.

That reminds me of the Core of the Core game a couple years ago. "Go ahead and eat your food, then get out, the games called!"

CPditka
01-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Just got a pup... so I will be attending my first dog day. Do I have to get a pass for the dog, or how does that work? Or do we just show up w/ the Dog?

bridgeportcopper
01-22-2009, 05:27 PM
You and your pup better get on this a.s.a.p. - i tried one year and i think they only sell like 500 seats for dog section and they go quick. If not gone already. I know there is some kind of form and it comes out before tickets are put on sale.

CPditka
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Any clue where to get said form?

You and your pup better get on this a.s.a.p. - i tried one year and i think they only sell like 500 seats for dog section and they go quick. If not gone already. I know there is some kind of form and it comes out before tickets are put on sale.

ChiSoxGirl
01-22-2009, 09:25 PM
That reminds me of the Core of the Core game a couple years ago. "Go ahead and eat your food, then get out, the games called!"

Yep, I was there... Memorial Day weekend 2007, I believe. There are certain posters who are still sore about this almost two years later MarySwiss. :wink: At least it poured all night on Halfway to St. Patrick's Day last year, so the rain out was valid. It actually poured throughout that entire weekend, so there was no way that game would've been played!

Walker29
01-24-2009, 01:47 PM
It is not posted on the promo schedule, Probably either 8/7 vs. Cleveland or 8/21 vs. Baltimore. Anybody know for sure?

ChiSoxGirl
01-24-2009, 01:54 PM
It is not posted on the promo schedule, Probably either 8/7 vs. Cleveland or 8/21 vs. Baltimore. Anybody know for sure?

Pocket schedules are always plentiful at SoxFest, so I'll look. My guess is whatever Friday night in August is listed as one of the most expensive dates (Premiere?), regardless of the opponent, that'll be Elvis Night.

bridgeportcopper
01-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Any clue where to get said form?
start calling ticket rep immediately, if you really want to go. i know the dog section sells out real quickly.