PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cubs fans.

KruseControl04
05-23-2002, 04:22 PM
Would someone please tell me what the deal is with the Flubs fans and throwing back homerun balls. Some Pirate just tagged Mahay for a solo shot, and some idiot Cubs fan threw back the ball! Do they not understand how many baseball fans would like to have a homerun ball in their collection. Oh yeah, I forgot, Cubs fans aren't real baseball fans.

Max Power
05-23-2002, 05:45 PM
I happened to see that particular home run. The funniest part was that the cameras showed the guy that caught the ball and you could see him reach to the side pocket of his cargo shorts where the outline of another baseball was. The cameras quickly panned away to show some other stuff. Then they showed the guy again when he was throwing a ball onto the field. You could see a the outline of the real baseball in his pocket and it was fairly obvious he had switched the balls.

Silly WGN nearly blew the myth off of throwing enemy baseball's back on the field. It was cool of that guy to throw back a cheap ball he brought from home...and the rest of the fools at Wrigley cheered him as a hero.

RKMeibalane
05-23-2002, 10:05 PM
I just think the whole idea of throwing a ball back onto the field is stupid. Some of the fans have such poor throwing arms that the ball doesn't even reach the field. One fan's ball landed in the basket that rests on the front of the wall. How pathetic is that?

So many ridiculous baseball traditions have started at Wrigley Field. It's sad. I think binge drinking started there. If that is in fact the case, I'm sure Cubs fans will be proud to say that they are the founders of elevated blood-alcohol levels and the DWI. It's exactly the kind of garbage they would be associated with.

The Cubs should rename themselves the Cubes, because it's similar to their current name, and it rhymes with pubes. Think about it. The Cubs already "suck d*ck." They might as well grow on one, too.