PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Ozuna signs with Phillies

Foulke You
01-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Ozuna signs with the Phillies. They do like their ex-Sox players on Philly:

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/2009/01/jan-15-ozuna-signed-invited-to-spring.html

BleacherBandit
01-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Delaware Online? :?:

Well, good for him.

Thome25
01-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Delaware Online? :?:

Well, good for him.

Delaware online is the website for the News Journal which is the main newspaper in Wilmington, DE. Why is that significant? Well, Wilmington is the main city in Northern Delaware which is a hop, skip, and a jump from Philadelphia. In northern Delaware, they root for Philadelphia teams.

How do I know all of this? Because it's a hop, skip, and a jump from where I live in Maryland. I find it interesting that the Phillies load up on former White Sox players all the time. Particularly ones that are former 2005 Chicago White Sox.

It's hard feeling like you're the lone Sox fan in this area and the Phillies are giving me a connection to the Sox by picking up former Sox players left and right. It's interesting to say the least when people who are Phillies fans that I know ask me what to expect from a former White Sox player.

thomas35forever
01-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Ozuna signs with the Phillies. They do like their ex-Sox players on Philly:

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/2009/01/jan-15-ozuna-signed-invited-to-spring.html
Well, we like our ex-Royals pitchers.

Anyway, good luck to Pablo.

DumpJerry
01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Delaware online is the website for the News Journal which is the main newspaper in Wilmington, DE. Why is that significant? Well, Wilmington is the main city in Northern Delaware which is a hop, skip, and a jump from Philadelphia. In northern Delaware, they root for Philadelphia teams.

How do I know all of this? Because it's a hop, skip, and a jump from where I live in Maryland. I find it interesting that the Phillies load up on former White Sox players all the time. Particularly ones that are former 2005 Chicago White Sox.

It's hard feeling like you're the lone Sox fan in this area and the Phillies are giving me a connection to the Sox by picking up former Sox players left and right. It's interesting to say the least when people who are Phillies fans that I know ask me what to expect from a former White Sox player.
....and now Philly might become the next Titletown if the Eagles win the Super Bowl on the heels of the Phillies winning the World Series.......

Marqhead
01-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo!

cws05champ
01-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Ozuna was killing the Dominican winter leagues. He was leading the league in avg(I beleive around .394), OBP and was 3rd in Slg %. Maybe he has finally figured it out....at 34...in the Dominican Winter league.

BleacherBandit
01-16-2009, 11:39 AM

I forgot the proximity of Willmington to Philadelphia.

DaveFeelsRight
01-16-2009, 11:40 AM
i have a soft spot for ozuna. good for him.

Hokiesox
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
....and now Philly might become the next Titletown if the Eagles win the Super Bowl on the heels of the Phillies winning the World Series.......

Oh, come on... Let's not get carried away. They're still...Philadelphia.

ChiSoxFan81
01-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Philly is a lock to repeat, as long as Ozuna doesn't break anything sliding into 2nd.

GlassSox
01-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Good luck to Pablo, Philly will like him.