PDA

View Full Version : ? about 9/29/08 - the last regular season game

RealFan
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Mods - please move this if I have posted it in the wrong section and, if I have, please accept my apologies.

I have a question about the last game of the season where TCM hit the GS. That was a make up game for which of the three original games in the Detroit series? I believe it was the make up for 9/12 (the Fri game of the Fri/Sat/Sun series). Saturday was also rained out and the Sox played a DH on Sunday. So what happened there? Were those two separate games or did only one set of ticket holders gain admission? What happened if you held tix to the "non played" game?

Any light you can shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

The reason for this inquiry is that I sold the 9/29 tickets on Stub Hub and those tickets were returned from the buyer to Stub Hub and the event was declared cancelled. I was under the impression that the 9/12 game was replayed on 9/29. Am I wrong?

sox1970
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm 95% sure that 9/13 tickets were used on 9/29.

Konerko05
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm 95% sure that 9/13 tickets were used on 9/29.

I'm 83% sure you are correct.

sox1970
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080928&content_id=3567578&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

As far as the DH on that Sunday, it was supposed to be a split doubleheader, but the rain delay turned into a regular doubleheader. I think unused 9/12 tickets are still good for an exchange, but you're better off calling the Sox.

Bruizer
01-13-2009, 05:56 PM
My 9/12/08 tickets that I sold on StubHub were returned to me last month. I understand they are still good for an exchange,

Bru

RealFan
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys. I had it wrong. Though I haven't received my tickets from Stub Hub either. Hmmm. :scratch:

Zisk77
01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm 83% sure you are correct.

67% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

soxinem1
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
67% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

That is true with an almost 90% certainty.:smile:

SoxNation05
01-13-2009, 07:35 PM
That is true with an almost 90% certainty.:smile:
I am 100 % sure you took it too far.

Huisj
01-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I had 4 tickets to the 9/13 game (Saturday afternoon game) that got rained out. When we got to the ball park, they told us the game had been postponed and would be played as the first game of the Sunday split doubleheader. Then when that game got delayed until later in the day, they told me that the tickets would be good for an exchange of upper deck tickets to a game next spring. But then a week later when it became likely that the other game from that series would need to be made up against Detroit, they changed their mind on that and decided that the 9/13 tickets would be honored for the Monday makeup game.

And I was pissed since I had no way to get me and the 3 friends I'd been in Chicago with that weekend back out for the game. The ticket office told me I was out of luck when it came to trying to still exchange them for a game next year, so I was out a few hundred bucks (I had bought the tickets as a birthday present for a friend of mine who's birthday we were celebrating that weekend with a trip to Chicago). :(:

thomas35forever
01-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I agree with you 79%.

whitesox901
01-13-2009, 09:44 PM

I am -67% that I dont even know what I am talking about

Jurr
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I am 100 percent sure that I got out of a commitment to go see the play Wicked with my fiancee and future in-laws due to that game!
Whooo hoooo! Go Sox!!

JohnnyInnsbrook
01-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I had 4 tickets to the 9/13 game (Saturday afternoon game) that got rained out. When we got to the ball park, they told us the game had been postponed and would be played as the first game of the Sunday split doubleheader. Then when that game got delayed until later in the day, they told me that the tickets would be good for an exchange of upper deck tickets to a game next spring. But then a week later when it became likely that the other game from that series would need to be made up against Detroit, they changed their mind on that and decided that the 9/13 tickets would be honored for the Monday makeup game.

And I was pissed since I had no way to get me and the 3 friends I'd been in Chicago with that weekend back out for the game. The ticket office told me I was out of luck when it came to trying to still exchange them for a game next year, so I was out a few hundred bucks (I had bought the tickets as a birthday present for a friend of mine who's birthday we were celebrating that weekend with a trip to Chicago). :(:

Your right, they absolutely did say over the intercom that you could trade them in for upper deck tickets in 2009!!! They seem to have forgotten when I tried to redeem them as well.

I emailed the White Sox through their web site about this and they couldn't have been nicer to me. They and said that because this was an unusual circumstance and they dont want there fans to be upset that they would send me voutchers for tickets next year. A couple of days later I recived my vouchers with a hand written chirstmas card from the White Sox.

The sox are such a classy team and seem care a lot about there fans... id love to see what the team up north would do in this situation.

Huisj
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Your right, they absolutely did say over the intercom that you could trade them in for upper deck tickets in 2009!!! They seem to have forgotten when I tried to redeem them as well.

I emailed the White Sox through their web site about this and they couldn't have been nicer to me. They and said that because this was an unusual circumstance and they dont want there fans to be upset that they would send me voutchers for tickets next year. A couple of days later I recived my vouchers with a hand written chirstmas card from the White Sox.

The sox are such a classy team and seem care a lot about there fans... id love to see what the team up north would do in this situation.

I should have tried that a few months ago. I hope it's not too late. I still have the tickets. Although, I did buy them originally off of stubhub, so I wonder if that would cause a problem.

JohnnyInnsbrook
01-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I should have tried that a few months ago. I hope it's not too late. I still have the tickets. Although, I did buy them originally off of stubhub, so I wonder if that would cause a problem.

I got mine of stubhub too... but i didn't mention it... You might want to try and email them. The worse that could happen is they say no.

rdivaldi
01-14-2009, 10:36 PM
60% of the time Stubhub works every time...