PDA

View Full Version : Sox sign Nancy for 2 more years

Fenway
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Elliott Harris mentions in the Sun-Times that the White Sox have signed Nancy for two more years.

Rocky Soprano
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
:bandance::bandance:

I truly dread the day that Nancy will no longer be a part of the Sox organization. She is the best!

spawn
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Should've used that money to sign Ben Sheets. :angry:

veeter
01-12-2009, 03:48 PM
:bandance::bandance:

I truly dread the day that Nancy will no longer be a part of the Sox organization. She is the best!I agree. She's the link to the Sox past that is so special to me and so many others. Just hearing that organ makes you feel great.

aryzner
01-12-2009, 03:49 PM
World Series, here we come!!

In all seriousness, though. It's nice to hear that and as Rocky said, I truly dread the day she is no longer a part of the organization.

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I'd imagine she's still continuing to do pretty much day games only once again? Whatever, that's great news, as she's one of the best things about coming to the ballpark outside of actually watching the Sox play. It will be a sad day when she is finally gone for good.

Here's hoping that they do another "Nothing But Nancy" day (perhaps something to email our season ticket representatives about).

Rocky Soprano
01-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Here's hoping that they do another "Nothing But Nancy" day (perhaps something to email our season ticket representatives about).

E-mail Brooks Boyer about that.

Chrisaway
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:Best signing of the offseason!!!

whitesox901
01-12-2009, 04:07 PM
:gulp:

jabrch
01-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Can she lead off? :D:

spawn
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Can she lead off? :D:
Or go first to third on a hit to the outfield...or score from first on a double?:redneck

areilly
01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Finally, an offseason move we can all agree on.

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
E-mail Brooks Boyer about that.
I did that, and he replied in 11 minutes! Talk about speedy replies! :o:

Anyways, he said that it isn't scheduled as of now, but that it could be considered later on down the line.

I suggested having it as one select night game to give those who can't go to many day games the opportunity at hearing her at a game.

Lip Man 1
01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
It's just for home day games.

Lip

DumpJerry
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
She gets home around 1:30 a.m. when there's a night game. That is why she stopped doing night games except for post season.

Let her get some sleep.

skobabe8
01-12-2009, 05:46 PM
She gets home around 1:30 a.m. when there's a night game. That is why she stopped doing night games except for post season.

Let her get some sleep.

**** that! Jason needs his organ!

soxfanreggie
01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Can we got a club option/mutual option for a 3rd year?

Over By There
01-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Finally, an offseason move we can all agree on.

CG hasn't weighed in on the move yet, though.

whitem0nkey
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
I was really craving some sox news, and that just hit the spot. :gulp:

Woofer
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Is there anyone in the Sox organization that has been around longer than Nancy? I know that the Bossard family has been around forever, but has Nancy been with the team longer? It's good to hear that she will be around for a while longer. I hope I can get to some day games this year.

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Agreed. Chisoxfanatic needs her organ music as well. It's not like doing one night game in the season would be too much of a burden.

And, perhaps they could have a Nancy Faust bobblehead giveaway for the game!

DumpJerry
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
:o:

soxfanreggie
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Do they have a "Best of Nancy" CD?

hi im skot
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
:o:

:rolling:

Danryan
01-12-2009, 07:56 PM
It is a pleasure to go to the games she plays. I hate the volume of the noise played at non-Nancy games. The canned cheers and request for the fans to get loud is annoying.

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2009, 08:05 PM
It is a pleasure to go to the games she plays. I hate the volume of the noise played at non-Nancy games. The canned cheers and request for the fans to get loud is annoying.
You mean to tell me that you do not appreciate "R-O-W-D-I-E!!! That's the way we spell 'rowdy!' Rowdy! Let's get Rowdy! Woo!" :D:

RadioheadRocks
01-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Do they have a "Best of Nancy" CD?

She had a vinyl LP that came out 20 or so years ago called "CROWD PLEASING FAVORITES", then several years after that there was a cassette "NANCY FAUST'S FAVORITES". These were available at the ballpark when they were issued, and I'm not sure if you'll be able to get these (outside of searching eBay, etc.).

Danryan
01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry No

bestkosher
01-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I bought a Nancy Faust tape from the Cell gift shop counter a couple years ago.

HomeFish
01-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that Brooks has said, on numerous occasions, and fairly emphatically, that the Sox internal numbers show that the organ is not popular among fans, and that when Nancy is no longer with the Sox, there will be no replacement.

I personally have never gotten used to the new "na na hey hey" recording. Nancy's rendition of that will always be missed by me.

Fenway
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that Brooks has said, on numerous occasions, and fairly emphatically, that the Sox internal numbers show that the organ is not popular among fans, and that when Nancy is no longer with the Sox, there will be no replacement.

I personally have never gotten used to the new "na na hey hey" recording. Nancy's rendition of that will always be missed by me.

Who are the White Sox talking to?

Blackhawk fans demanded more Pellico and McDonough granted that request. Red Sox fans wanted more organ music....done.
Yankees replaced the late Eddie Layton with 2 organists. The Cubs have organ music.

The key is finding the right mix of canned and organ.

RadioheadRocks
01-12-2009, 08:40 PM

Probably one of those "focus groups". :rolleyes:

Lundind1
01-12-2009, 08:54 PM

Blackhawk fans demanded more Pellico and McDonough granted that request. Red Sox fans wanted more organ music....done.
Yankees replaced the late Eddie Layton with 2 organists. The Cubs have organ music.

The key is finding the right mix of canned and organ.

What, the Sox missing another opportunity to do something that most fan really do like??? No way, not in a million years.

It's bull and everyone know's it, except the suits. Sometimes they just don't get it. Just look at the comparison that the sox have with those other teams. Just as much history but more and more corporate BS. Some things should just be left the heck alone.

Fenway
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
What, the Sox missing another opportunity to do something that most fan really do like??? No way, not in a million years.

It's bull and everyone know's it, except the suits. Sometimes they just don't get it. Just look at the comparison that the sox have with those other teams. Just as much history but more and more corporate BS. Some things should just be left the heck alone.

I know Nancy wishes she had more playing time but she is also the kind of person who won't complain. Last summer I mentioned the Boston organist who grew up listening to Nancy plays Runaround Sue once in awhile and she said 'I wish I could but there is no time.'

nasox
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM

Yes, even though this organization has turned it around this decade, they are still far behind in this regard. I know I personally will be less likely to attend games if Nancy isn't there. I can only stand the canned music, tossing t-shirt into the crowd, scoreboard race BS that goes on so much.

(FYI I'm 20, part of that target demographic, etc.)

SoxandtheCityTee
01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance:Best signing of the offseason!!!

Well said!

Lundind1
01-12-2009, 10:59 PM
(FYI I'm 20, part of that target demographic, etc.)

Me too, but I am an American Traditionalist- The more thing change, the more we should go back to what got us here with some minor improvements. This goes for everything. That notion goes back to the Indy 500 with me. The cars and drivers may change but the traditions will remain a constant on race day.

StillMissOzzie
01-13-2009, 12:39 AM

Let her get some sleep.

The Sox need to sign a backup organist for those brutal day games that follow night games.
Oh, wait a minute...those are the games that Nancy WILL be playing for. Never mind!

SMO
:D::gulp:

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Kudos to the Sox for signing her up for 2 more years. If there's one constant that connects this team to the team I grew up watching, it's her. Taking my kids to meet her, IMO, is as big a thrill as meeting a player.

OTOH, I am also for more organ music as well.....I know Nancy can't do 81 games a year, but that sound is part of the White Sox. Not having organ music at the game is like the White Sox getting rid of the exploding scoreboard. Brooks, do some more homework on that, please.

esbrechtel
01-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Nancy is awesome and this is great news!

Grobber33
01-13-2009, 08:31 AM
It's just for home day games.

Lip

Hey Lip, for sure great news! Wish she was still playing for night games however(of course any Post Season night games she told me she would be on board for).

http://www.grobber.net/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=showpic&pid=161&orderby=dateD

rwcescato
01-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Elliott Harris mentions in the Sun-Times that the White Sox have signed Nancy for two more years.

Nancy is a big part of White Sox baseball. I am glad they resigned her. Hope she will be here until she decieds she has had enough.

esbrechtel
01-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Nothing is better than walking into the stadium on a sunny day, smelling the hot dogs and grilled onions, and hearing the Jurassic Park theme song being played by Nancy Faust....

hi im skot
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Nothing is better than walking into the stadium on a sunny day, smelling the hot dogs and grilled onions, and hearing the Jurassic Park theme song being played by Nancy Faust....

Carl Everett does not approve of that musical choice.

thomas35forever
01-13-2009, 11:49 AM
This is one signing we can all agree on. I haven't been to a day game since '06. I'd like that to change this season.

Fenway
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Earlier today I sent the link for this thread to Brooks.

Just got an email from thanking me for sending it and he appreciated it.

Can't do much more than that.

BTW if memory serves me the year they had Nothing But Nancy Day was 2005 and we all know how that turned out :)

areilly
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
OTOH, I am also for more organ music as well.....I know Nancy can't do 81 games a year, but that sound is part of the White Sox. Not having organ music at the game is like the White Sox getting rid of the exploding scoreboard.

Agreed 100%. That's one of the things I like about the games where Nancy plays: the atmosphere at the ballpark just feels more, for lack of a better word, baseball-y.

NoNeckEra
01-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Is there anyone in the Sox organization that has been around longer than Nancy? I know that the Bossard family has been around forever, but has Nancy been with the team longer?
I know she began playing in the infamous 1970 season and was all by her lonesome in the center field bleachers.

The Bossards have been around since the '60s I believe.

This year will mark her 40th.

You don't have staying power like that unless you're popular.

roylestillman
01-16-2009, 12:19 PM

Man, that just gave me goosebumps. I love weekday day games.

LITTLE NELL
01-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I know she began playing in the infamous 1970 season and was all by her lonesome in the center field bleachers.

The Bossards have been around since the '60s I believe.

This year will mark her 40th.

You don't have staying power like that unless you're popular.
Gene Bossard became head groundskeeper of the White Sox in 1940 at the age of 22.