PDA

View Full Version : Cubans Yadel Marti and Yasser Gomez

luke4me1st
11-22-2008, 01:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3717873

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-22-2008, 01:32 AM
What? I think I'm missing something. Nothing to do with any White Sox players.

Nellie_Fox
11-22-2008, 01:32 AM
What will it take to tighten them?

RadioheadRocks
11-22-2008, 01:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3717873

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how does this story relate to the White Sox? These were two players on the Cuban National team.

The article mentions "El Duque", but doesn't even mention him being part of the '05 World Champion team (only that he was part of the '98 Yankees when they won it all).

Nellie_Fox
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
What? I think I'm missing something. Nothing to do with any White Sox players.They're Cubans who won't be available for the Sox to sign.

luke4me1st
they were defecting to the south side:bandance:

RadioheadRocks
They're Cubans who won't be available for the Sox to sign.

Thanks for the clarification Nellie.

Nellie_Fox
11-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the clarification Nellie.My pleasure.

luke4me1st
11-22-2008, 01:36 AM
watch bruce levine report it tomorrow

WhiteSox5187
11-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I fail to see how anything in that article posted above is at all relevent to the White Sox other than it mentions a guy who pitched for us in '05.

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-22-2008, 01:42 AM
They're Cubans who won't be available for the Sox to sign.

That makes more sense. Thanks.

JermaineDye05
11-22-2008, 01:52 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

luke4me1st
11-22-2008, 01:54 AM
I think once Viciedo succeeds this year with the White Sox we will sing at least two more Cuban allstars next year. Cuban Stars will realize that they have a shot at joining White Sox at mlb level and they wont think twice about defecting.

btrain929
11-22-2008, 02:04 AM
I fail to see how anything in that article posted above is at all relevent to the White Sox other than it mentions a guy who pitched for us in '05.

Bad attempt at a joke.

Nellie_Fox
11-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey Luke, how about giving at least a cursory proofread to your posts before clicking the "submit reply" button?

PalehosePlanet
11-22-2008, 02:15 AM

:rolling: HAHAHAHAHA!!

I laughed so hard I woke up the wife.

btrain929
11-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Hey Luke, how about giving at least a cursory proofread to your posts before clicking the "submit reply" button?

I think once Viciedo succeeds this year with the White Sox we will sing at least two more Cuban allstars next year. Cuban Stars will realize that they have a shot at joining White Sox at mlb level and they wont think twice about defecting.

You can do what you want, but I'm not singing with anybody next year, sorry...

BadBobbyJenks
11-22-2008, 03:39 AM
What's the Roadhouse?

He should have spell checked his user name, I always confuse luke and look too.:duck:

Konerko05
11-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Definitely one of the worst threads in the history of WSI.

Yeah I understand the significance of such a statement, and I'm fine with it.

DumpJerry
11-22-2008, 08:22 AM
You've been here longer than I, but I disagree. I seen some pretty bad ones in my short stay so far. This one is more in the Comedy Gold Top 10. Both intended comedy and inadvertent comedy categories.

gr8mexico
11-22-2008, 08:25 AM
This is almost the same thing that happend to El Duke. The Cuban government thought that El Duke helped Livan Hernandez escape from Cuba. El Duke was banned from Cuban Baseball and at the time El Duke was the greatest pitcher Cuba ever had. These guys are going to eventually try to escape again.

soxrepublican
11-22-2008, 08:46 AM

Yeah I understand the significance of such a statement, and I'm fine with it.

I'll second this.

soxfanreggie
11-22-2008, 10:43 AM
While I'm sure the Sox have an attraction to Cuban players, I'm not sure our payroll would allow us to sign all of these players even if they were to become available. Thanks for the news Luke, but we aren't going to be signing half the Cuban National Team.

gr8mexico
11-22-2008, 11:36 AM
While I'm sure the Sox have an attraction to Cuban players, I'm not sure our payroll would allow us to sign all of these players even if they were to become available. Thanks for the news Luke, but we aren't going to be signing half the Cuban National Team.
It only cost the Sox around 2MIL a year to sign Dayan. At that price why wouldn't they invest money on Cuban All Star players with a lot of up side. It's like signing 1st round draft picks. Also the Sox do have money to spend. They have around $25MIL this year and over $30MIL after the 2009 season and another $40 MIL after 2010 season. With a very young core and locked up cheap for many years . KW knows exactly what he is doing.

Daver
11-22-2008, 05:44 PM

A really big impact wrench and some heavy duty ball bearings.

thomas35forever
11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
You can do what you want, but I'm not singing with anybody next year, sorry...
What happened to you, man? You used to be all about the music.

DumpJerry
11-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Righty tighty, lefty loosie.

soxrepublican
11-22-2008, 09:01 PM
:threadsucks

gr8mexico
01-11-2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spcuba1112349717jan11,0,4065293.story
the two say they're thankful to have a chance to play in the Majors, and are open to any teams because they're playing to support their families. They do, however, specifcially mention the Yankees, White Sox, and Red Sox by name.

http://bbfadnet.com/openads/www/delivery/lg.php?bannerid=58&campaignid=34&zoneid=41&channel_ids=,&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mlbtraderumors.com%2F&cb=9bedac99fc

chunk
01-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Where in that article do they mention anything about the teams they are interested in? The MLBTR post has the text you copied, but the article still doesn't say it.

It's in the video.

Zisk77
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
cbssportsline claims they mentioned yanks and both sox as well.

BleacherBandit
01-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I wonder why they wouldn't mind playing for the Marlins. Its closer to their families and Cuba, and the city obviously has a large Cuban population.

Wait....it's the Marlins....Oh.

WHILEPITCH
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
is Gomez a cf at all

01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I would be very surprised if KW did not sign at least one of these guys.

soxfandy
01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I say go for it....A pitcher and a speedy outfielder are two things this club needs. It can't hurt to sign them. Their agent says both can play in the majors now. I say sign them and if they can't play in the majors, then it just adds more depth and intrigue to our minor league system. I personally enjoy the way the Cubans play the game. If we do sign these two I am going to start worrying that the Sox might move to Cuba...:D:

Lillian
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Aside from the obvious connection to their agent, Torres, and the collection of fellow Cubans on the Sox, there is an even more compelling reason for these two players to sign with the Sox.
They want to play, and they would have a much better chance at earning a starting job on the White Sox than they would on either of the other two teams mentioned, Boston or the Yankees.
Gomez is a fleet footed good defensive Centerfielder, and could fill the need for a fast leadoff hitter to play Center. The pitcher would have a shot as a number 4 or 5 starter with the Sox. At least his chances would be far better than with the Yankees or Red Sox.
The fit is there, providing these guys are regarded as truly being ĻMajor League readyĻ, as their agent claims.

soxlug
01-12-2009, 12:07 AM
When I read up on these two it is like these guys play the two spots we need help. A fleet footed CF, and a RP (starter, or bp?) if he is a starter then it is exactly what we need. Are they good enough? Who knows but if they have half of the success Alexei had this year I would consider it a success. Four things will happen brass will ask Alexei what he thinks thier talent level is, brass will ask Viciedo the same, brass will have thier chance to talk to Torres, brass will see these guys work out and scout them the way they did Alexei. If we do not sign them it will be because one or both will be overwhelmed by another team(s), or Kenny does not like what he sees. Kenny has a pretty good idea that our farm needs depth, and our club could use an upgrade in CF and in the rotation. So really I think this will be an interesting story here pretty soon whether we sign them or not.

Oh yeah do we lose a draft pick or two if we sign both? I am thinking no why? cause I have not heard the signing of Viciedo put a draft pick in jeopardy. Anyways if not then it is another plus......which is why we are not going to sign any class A's or B's Kenny is putting an emphasis on the draft!

Konerko05
01-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Oh yeah do we lose a draft pick or two if we sign both? I am thinking no why? cause I have not heard the signing of Viciedo put a draft pick in jeopardy. Anyways if not then it is another plus......which is why we are not going to sign any class A's or B's Kenny is putting an emphasis on the draft!

No, the Sox would not lose a draft pick. Who would they be losing it to? Cuba?

Konerko05
01-12-2009, 03:18 AM
I also wanted to add teams do not give up a draft pick for signing a class B free agent. The team losing the class B free agent receives a supplemental pick if the free agent declines arbitration. Supplemental picks are sandwich picks between the first and second round.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-12-2009, 03:54 AM
I wouldn't mind if the Sox signed them. Even if they don't make the team, they'd be in the minors together or with Viciedo, so they'll have someone to help adjust with. Only thing is, if they are "major league ready" then they'll be looking for $$$ like Ramirez and Viciedo got, which might prevent the Sox from trying to sign them since they're cutting payroll.

WhiteSox5187
01-12-2009, 05:05 AM
I wouldn't mind if the Sox signed them. Even if they don't make the team, they'd be in the minors together or with Viciedo, so they'll have someone to help adjust with. Only thing is, if they are "major league ready" then they'll be looking for $$$ like Ramirez and Viciedo got, which might prevent the Sox from trying to sign them since they're cutting payroll.
If they're looking for the type of money Ramirez got, sign them. I don't think anyone getting off the boat from Cuba is going to get the kind of money Viciedo got in this market (even though we signed him, it was before other FA's started signing). I think we have enough payroll space saved from trading Javy to go out and sign at least one of these guys. They could be extraordinarily beneficial to solving to of our holes right now.

central44
01-12-2009, 07:46 AM
It is a bit coincidental that these guys happen to fill our biggest holes, holes KW refuses to acknowledge exist. Hopefully KW has been all over this situation for months now, and that's why we haven't seen movement since early December.

Scottiehaswheels
01-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Luke,

Your reading comprehension and spelling are terrible. Back to class.

Sincerely,
Your third grade teacher.

Tekijawa
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I wonder why they wouldn't mind playing for the Marlins. Its closer to their families and Cuba, and the city obviously has a large Cuban population.

Wait....it's the Marlins....Oh.

Former Cuban players with Family in Cuba might as well play in Japan... I don't know if your aware of the situation with cuba for the past 40+ years, but the relations don't allow people to take 40 minute flights back and forth to see family members. No matter where they are any interaction with their family would be over the phone at best.

whitesox901
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Sign em' Kenny!

DSpivack
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Former Cuban players with Family in Cuba might as well play in Japan... I don't know if your aware of the situation with cuba for the past 40+ years, but the relations don't allow people to take 40 minute flights back and forth to see family members. No matter where they are any interaction with their family would be over the phone at best.

True, but living in Miami would theoretically be an easier transition than other cities.

Lillian
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Has anyone been able to find more complete stats for these Cuban players? Iīd love to know how many stolen bases Gomez has, and his success rate.

gr8mexico
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
True, but living in Miami would theoretically be an easier transition than other cities.
They can still have an off season home in Florida like all the other Cuban players do already.
Also how much time do they really spend at home when the season starts.

pearso66
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I don't remember if it's been posted before, but when will these guys be eligible to be signed? Will they be able to be signed before this season? Before Spring Training? During the season? or will they have to wait until next year? Signing one or both of these guys couldn't hurt. Worst case they don't play, best case they are stars.

guillensdisciple
01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
My family in Cuba is going to become one of the biggest White Sox supporters very soon if the Sox continue picking up players at this pace.

The White Sox have earned themselves quite a reputation in Cuba. As of now the first place Cuban baseball players think of when it comes to baseball isn't New York, but probably the Chicago White Sox.

My cousins knew about the Sox, many people we spoke to while we were over there knew about them. Perhaps we will have a whole coutry to cheer on us?

cws05champ
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Anyone know any more ino on these two guys and if they will be available for teams to sign before ST?

With the Colon move the Sox 40 man roster is at 38 and these two guys fill specific needs at CF/lead off and SP. Coincidence? Or just Kenny's master plan coming together...

Tekijawa
01-15-2009, 03:50 PM
With the Colon move the Sox 40 man roster is at 38 and these two guys fill specific needs at CF/lead off and SP. Coincidence? Or just Kenny's master plan coming together...

"Fidel this is Kenny, I've got a couple holes.... What can you do for me?"

whitesox901
01-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone know any more ino on these two guys and if they will be available for teams to sign before ST?

I hope it is the master plan coming together

ViPeRx007
01-16-2009, 02:03 PM
You'd think the White Sox would almost have to sign these guys. I mean, it's basically a tradition now. You don't mess with tradition, man.

Lillian
01-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Has anyone found more complete stats on these two Cubans?
Iīve surfed the Net looking for some base stealing statistics for Gomez, but canīt find anything. All I find is that Ļheīs fastĻ.

Gomez has a very high career Batting Average, and good walk to strike out ratio, and he is supposed to be a good Centerfielder.
You still have to think the Sox are such a natural fit for him. If he is really Major League ready, and can fill the lead off spot, itīs probably a done deal.

Lillian
01-20-2009, 07:29 AM
Here are the best stats I can find for Gomez:

http://www.baseballdecuba.com/bateo.asp

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Yasser_Gomez

Honestly, Iīm more intrigued by him than I am by Viciedo. Viciedo may have more potential, but he really hasnīt proven anything yet. Gomez is an established high average hitter with some very impressive OBP numbers as well. During his last four seasons his OBP has been between 80 and 100 points higher than his batting average, which significantly, has also been very high. In one campaign his OBP was almost .500.
Moreover, Gomez fills the need for a speedy leadoff hitter and centerfielder, while Viciedo is another slugger, which is not the greatest need, at the moment.
Iīd be very surprised if Kenny doesnīt sign him, and Iīd be equally surprised if he doesnīt end up having an impact before Viciedo.

cards press box
01-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Here is the best stats I can find for Gomez:

http://www.baseballdecuba.com/bateo.asp

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Yasser_Gomez

Honestly, Iīm more intrigued by him than I am by Viciedo. Viciedo may have more potential, but he really hasnīt proven anything yet. Gomez is an established high average hitter with some very impressive OBP numbers as well. During his last four seasons his OBP has been between 80 and 100 points higher than his batting average, which significantly, has also been very high. In one campaign his OBP was almost .500.
Moreover, Gomez fills the need for a speedy leadoff hitter and centerfielder, while Viciedo is another slugger, which is not the greatest need, at the moment.
Iīd be very surprised if Kenny doesnīt sign him, and Iīd be equally surprised if he doesnīt end up having an impact before Viciedo.

Soxfest is about ten days away and the Sox have, in the past, have made a move or two prior to this event. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox sign Gomez and a starting pitcher (Freddy Garcia or Yadel Marti) by January 30.

HomeFish
01-21-2009, 02:37 AM
One of these days, the Cuban market will open to American products (legally). If the White Sox can build name recognition there, it would be a huge move.

Lillian
01-21-2009, 05:43 AM
I found this website. It has historical stats for players. This page shows the 2006-2007 season for Los Industriales, which was Yasser Gomezīs team

http://www.inder.cu/beta/competitions/baseball/Campeonato_Nacional/Serie_Nacional/2006/46serie.htm

He does not appear to be a stolen base threat, but he hits for average, OBP and doesnīt strike out much.
If you scroll down to the stats for Pinar Del Rio, youīll find the Alexei Ramirez stats for the same season.
I found that interesting because you can compare what Alexei did in Cuba with what he did in his first year with the Sox.
If Gomez can perform on a level relative to his Cuban League stats, in a way similar to how Alexei performed relative to his play in Cuba, we would have a pretty good player.

Check out his great season, the year before:

http://www.inder.cu/beta/competitions/baseball/Campeonato_Nacional/Serie_Nacional/2005/estadisticas90.htm

And these numbers for the playoffs, that same season:

http://www.inder.cu/beta/competitions/baseball/Campeonato_Nacional/Serie_Nacional/2005/45serie.htm

dickallen15
01-21-2009, 05:50 AM
I found this website. It has historical stats for players. This page shows the 2006-2007 season for Los Industriales, which was Yasser Gomezīs team

http://www.inder.cu/beta/competitions/baseball/Campeonato_Nacional/Serie_Nacional/2006/46serie.htm

From what I've read, Gomez isn't much of a MLB prospect. The other guy is.

Lillian
01-21-2009, 06:27 AM
From what I've read, Gomez isn't much of a MLB prospect. The other guy is.

Yes, the pitcher is supposed to be very good. I havenīt gotten to his stats yet. I was just thrilled to find the website with all of the historical stats, so I thought Iīd post it.

You might take a closer look at Gomez. He looks like a pretty good candidate for lead off, although he doesnīt steal bases.

Lillian
01-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Well, I still havenīt heard a thing. Has anyone else seen any rumors?
Every day that passes with the Sox not addressing the need for one more starter, and a lead off hitter to play CF, suggests to me that they are in the process of signing both of them.

dickallen15
01-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, I still havenīt heard a thing. Has anyone else seen any rumors?
Every day that passes with the Sox not addressing the need for one more starter, and a lead off hitter to play CF, suggests to me that they are in the process of signing both of them.

Don't they have to establish residence somewhere? Usually it takes quite a while for Cuban refugees to be eligible to sign. I don't think either will make any major league impact in 2009.

DSpivack
01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Don't they have to establish residence somewhere? Usually it takes quite a while for Cuban refugees to be eligible to sign. I don't think either will make any major league impact in 2009.

Probably in the Dominican Republic.

DirtySox
01-31-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-01-white-sox-bits-chicagofeb01,0,2106589.story

At the end it says Ozzie wouldn't directly comment on the possibility that they are negotiating with Yasser Gomez.

DirtySox
01-31-2009, 08:24 PM
http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/1340

KW does comment though.

cards press box
01-31-2009, 10:56 PM

KW does comment though.

I don't know exactly what to make of KW's comment. He certainly did not rule out signing Gomez and, in fact, only observed that Jaime Torres might want to build up a market for his clients who have defected from Cuba. I have two observations on that:

(1) The Sox signed Dayan Viciedo to a fairly lucrative contract for a 19 year old prospect.

(2) The blog notes that Jose Contreras and Alexei Ramirez are very comfortable playing for Ozzie Guillen. Who can say whether Yasser Gomez, like Contreras and A. Ramirez, might feel more comfortable playing for Guillen than for another manager.

It's off-topic but let's go Cardinals, tommorrow!!

DrCrawdad
02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
I don't know exactly what to make of KW's comment. He certainly did not rule out signing Gomez and, in fact, only observed that Jaime Torres might want to build up a market for his clients who have defected from Cuba. I have two observations on that:

(1) The Sox signed Dayan Viciedo to a fairly lucrative contract for a 19 year old prospect.

(2) The blog notes that Jose Contreras and Alexei Ramirez are very comfortable playing for Ozzie Guillen. Who can say whether Yasser Gomez, like Contreras and A. Ramirez, might feel more comfortable playing for Guillen than for another manager.

It's off-topic but let's go Cardinals, tommorrow!!

GO CARDINALS, INDEED!

Considering your name, you might appreciate these photos. (One (http://tbn0.google.com/hosted/images/c?q=b6592b41faaefe76_large), two (http://tbn0.google.com/hosted/images/c?q=9f211e78a065c2cc_large))

dickallen15
02-01-2009, 08:13 AM

KW does comment though.

I think its a polite way to say they really aren't interested in Gomez. From what I've read, scouts really don't think his game will adapt well to the major leagues.

kravdog
02-01-2009, 11:03 AM
From what I've read, scouts really don't think his game will adapt well to the major leagues.

That sounds pretty similar to what scouts think about Wise & Owens...

SoxNation05
02-01-2009, 11:50 AM
That sounds pretty similar to what scouts think about Wise & Owens...

Jerry Owens has "game"?

cards press box
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
GO CARDINALS, INDEED!

Considering your name, you might appreciate these photos. (One (http://tbn0.google.com/hosted/images/c?q=b6592b41faaefe76_large), two (http://tbn0.google.com/hosted/images/c?q=9f211e78a065c2cc_large))

Thank you, Dr. Crawdad. Those photos are excellent on several levels. I certainly do appreciate the glass enclosed football press box just beneath the roof at the top of the upper deck over the third base line. For me, the press box served as a reminder that our part of the Chicago -- the South Side -- had a football team until the NFL, the burgeoning Halas/McCaskey dynasty and probably everyone but the South Siders themselves decided that the Chicago Cardinals were obsolete. It was a reminder that the White Sox were going to have to fight to avoid the Cardinals' fate as an orphan franchise.

It's great to see the old ballpark, particularly the arches at the back of the lower deck (modeled after the Roman Colosseum, in honor of the Old Roman, Charles Comiskey).

And, finally, there stands Bill Veeck overseeing the Baseball Palace of the World in winter repose. I don't think that Veeck was a good general manager and I strongly suspect that his infamous trades after the 1959 season costs the Sox anywhere from two to four pennants in the 1960's. But Veeck was always for the common man and I greatly admired him for that.

GO CARDINALS!!!

soxlug
02-10-2009, 11:21 PM
I was pretty fired up when I heard these two gentleman defected and we had a chance to get' em. I haven't seen anything on these guys. I may not hear from the best sources but it has been quiet, maybe we were holding out to sign Broussard.

DrCrawdad
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Thank you, Dr. Crawdad. Those photos are excellent on several levels. I certainly do appreciate the glass enclosed football press box just beneath the roof at the top of the upper deck over the third base line. For me, the press box served as a reminder that our part of the Chicago -- the South Side -- had a football team until the NFL, the burgeoning Halas/McCaskey dynasty and probably everyone but the South Siders themselves decided that the Chicago Cardinals were obsolete. It was a reminder that the White Sox were going to have to fight to avoid the Cardinals' fate as an orphan franchise.

It's great to see the old ballpark, particularly the arches at the back of the lower deck (modeled after the Roman Colosseum, in honor of the Old Roman, Charles Comiskey).

And, finally, there stands Bill Veeck overseeing the Baseball Palace of the World in winter repose. I don't think that Veeck was a good general manager and I strongly suspect that his infamous trades after the 1959 season costs the Sox anywhere from two to four pennants in the 1960's. But Veeck was always for the common man and I greatly admired him for that.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Too bad things didn't work out quite right.

Lillian
02-19-2009, 07:12 AM
This entire question of expectations for players from Cuba is interesting because of their inability to leave the country. Japan presents a similar challenge although not for political reasons, but rather because of League rules which prohibit a player from signing as an American free agent until he meets the League's requirements.
In either case, there are players who have played their careers in their own countries, and have not been eligible to come the Major Leagues.

In trying to assess their potential performance in the Majors, I think you could reason this way:
1) The average players are hard to evaluate because we don't know at what level of play the entire country performs.
2) We can however assume that there are some elite players in these countries.
3) The truly outstanding talents would be able to play at high levels in the Majors.

Based on that logic, isn't it reasonable to assume that any guy who has been a star in Cuba, especially in the top league, has the talent to perform in the Major Leagues?
If that is true, both of these guys look like good bets.

Meanwhile, is there anything new on their status?
I still haven't given up, despite what K.W. says.

04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone see or hear any news on Yasser Gomez?

Seems like the White Sox sure could use a CF/Leadoff hitter to land in their laps.

JermaineDye05
04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I think it would be foolish to assume that he's major league ready RIGHT NOW. If he was, you would think he would have been signed by another team by now. I don't think he's the solution for this team. Neither is Jerry Owens IMO.

04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
I think it would be foolish to assume that he's major league ready RIGHT NOW. If he was, you would think he would have been signed by another team by now. I don't think he's the solution for this team. Neither is Jerry Owens IMO.

He is more major league ready than Jerry Owens.

SoxNation05
04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
He is more major league ready than Jerry Owens.
Yeah, well so am i.

Frater Perdurabo
04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, well so am i.

How's your glove in CF?