PDA

View Full Version : Back from Boston

foulkesfan11
05-23-2002, 10:32 AM
I took the tour of Fenway Park on Tuesday before the game. everyone was very nice there, but the park was basically a dump. I can say that it reminded me of Old Comiskey & Old Tiger Stadium put together. Lots of poles blocking views, but the most annoying thing there was the fact that there were no Beer vendors in the stands. The rows of seats were very long and people were constantly making you get up so they could get out over & over to go buy beer. It was annoying because your view of the game constantly blocked. Oh, and the food was terrible. Comiskey still ranks #1 in that category.

The tour guide said that the new owners do not want to build a new park now. They are putting a proposal together to see how much it would cost to renovate Fenway. Tickets for grandstand seats were $44.00. Very expensive. I would recommend going if you haven't just to see the place. In addition to Fenway being historical, much of Boston had a lot of historical monuments. The city itself was very nice.

voodoochile
05-23-2002, 11:53 AM
Okay, so I'm an idiot... Didn't they build a replica Fenway a bunch of years ago complete with green monster, or was that just a rumor they were talking about?

foulkesfan11
05-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Okay, so I'm an idiot... Didn't they build a replica Fenway a bunch of years ago complete with green monster, or was that just a rumor they were talking about?

No, you're not an idiot. There was lots of talk about it. The old owners even had pictures of what the new park on their web site last year. They said they were going to have a replica of the green monster put in and that they would move "Pesky's Pole" (the right field foul pole) to the new park.

The whole reason I rushed to get there was to see Fenway before it was torn down. There was a lot of talk about how this year was going to be their last year at Fenway.

foulkesfan11
05-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Here you go Foulke You. Your report puts mine to shame. I just hate typing.