PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox sign Takashi Saito (FoxSports.com)

Mr. White Sox
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
LINK (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9058832/Red-Sox-sign-free-agent-reliever-Saito-)

Britt Burns
01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow, great deal for Boston. Even if he isn't lights-out like he has been in the past they are getting a guy who at a minimum can be a LOOGY for a fair price.

duke of dorwood
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM
They are really busy and not spending a lot to improve

:KW

zzzzzzzzzzz

champagne030
01-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Wow, great deal for Boston. Even if he isn't lights-out like he has been in the past they are getting a guy who at a minimum can be a LOOGY for a fair price.

A "LOOGY"? Are his splits that crazy against lefties? He's a RH. He's a better than pitcher than Dotel or Linebrink, but I don't know if he's healthy.

Somebody better wake up Kenny, he must be hibernating.

Konerko05
01-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Almost every player the Red Sox have signed this offseason is a huge injury risk.

Smoltz, Penny, Baldelli, and Saito.

I know most are incentive laden deals, but the Red Sox could end up eating a lot of salary this season. On the flip side, these signings could really help their team.

The Baldelli signing is the only one I'm upset the Sox couldn't land. He is only guaranteed $600,000. The Sox just signed Dewayne wise for $550,000.

champagne030
01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
The Baldelli signing is the only one I'm upset the Sox couldn't land. He is only guaranteed $600,000. The Sox just signed Dewayne wise for $550,000.

:whiteflag:

We're rebuilding for the future. And it's tough economic times so that $50K is huge.

DumpJerry
01-10-2009, 06:54 PM
A "LOOGY"? Are his splits that crazy against lefties? He's a RH. He's a better than pitcher than Dotel or Linebrink, but I don't know if he's healthy.

Somebody better wake up Kenny, he must be hibernating.
You're, as usual, absolutely 100% spot-on correct. Kenny has spent the off season catching up on his sleep and fishing.

Sargeant79
01-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Almost every player the Red Sox have signed this offseason is a huge injury risk.

Smoltz, Penny, Baldelli, and Saito.

I know most are incentive laden deals, but the Red Sox could end up eating a lot of salary this season. On the flip side, these signings could really help their team.

True, but they're getting those guys in quantity. Will all of them work out? Not likely. But they spent very little money on enough gambles to where there's a good chance one or even two might work out really well for them.

DoItForDanPasqua
01-11-2009, 09:40 AM
It includes a guarantee between $1.5 million and $2.5 million, the sources said, and Saito will have the chance to earn more than $7 million if he reaches all of his incentives.

This a great bargain. If he gets injured again they will not lose much money.

When Saito is on he's unhittable, meaning that $7 million would be a steal. A year after the Brewers gave Eric Gagne something around $10 million guaranteed, this is a deal I wish the White Sox could have made.