PDA

View Full Version : Mark (Jesus) who?

moochpuppy
05-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Forget this Mark clown, the latest character added to that circus on the Northside. We have our own two young phenoms that may have just turned their corner. Ladies and Gentlemen of Chicagoland, may I introduce you to Dan Wright and Jon Garland, two young pitchers who just shut down the best team in baseball IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD!! How about that!

Randar68
05-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Forget this Mark clown, the latest character added to that circus on the Northside. We have our own two young phenoms that may have just turned their corner. Ladies and Gentlemen of Chicagoland, may I introduce you to Dan Wright and Jon Garland, two young pitchers who just shut down the best team in baseball IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD!! How about that!

And yet a week from now, if one of them gives up 5 runs, it will be, "Trade everything, go for it now, these young pitchers suck!"

BLA!

moochpuppy
05-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

And yet a week from now, if one of them gives up 5 runs, it will be, "Trade everything, go for it now, these young pitchers suck!"

BLA!

You know not from me Randar. I'm a patient man. :smile:

Randar68
05-23-2002, 11:20 AM

You know not from me Randar. I'm a patient man. :smile:

I know, it's just a statement about the cynical and dooms-day fans around here lately. It's just been bitch about this, after bitch about that, for 2 weeks.

moochpuppy
05-23-2002, 11:28 AM

I know, it's just a statement about the cynical and dooms-day fans around here lately. It's just been bitch about this, after bitch about that, for 2 weeks.

So you're just bitchin' about the bitchin'? Where's a Tiger fan when you need one? :D:

Randar68
05-23-2002, 11:32 AM

So you're just bitchin' about the bitchin'? Where's a Tiger fan when you need one? :D:

HA! might have to take in a game this weekend for old time's sake!

FarWestChicago
05-23-2002, 02:14 PM

HA! might have to take in a game this weekend for old time's sake! We expect big things if you go this weekend Randar!! :D:

LongDistanceFan
05-23-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
We expect big things if you go this weekend Randar!! :D: fwc......... i was rereading alot of the old post and i saw a girl on your sig with the huge go sox............. who is she

FarWestChicago
05-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
fwc......... i was rereading alot of the old post and i saw a girl on your sig with the huge go sox............. who is she :?: I've always had Jessica Alba and "Manos is Pure Guts".

ChiSoxBobette
05-23-2002, 02:44 PM
I totally agree but you know what, shhhhhhhhh I like nobody knowing about our young pitchers, everybody just jump about for this prior guy I'll take our pitchers our players and we are in 1st place. flubs well they're in 2nd to last place just above a team who seems to wipe the floor with them.

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I totally agree but you know what, shhhhhhhhh I like nobody knowing about our young pitchers, everybody just jump about for this prior guy I'll take our pitchers our players and we are in 1st place. flubs well they're in 2nd to last place just above a team who seems to wipe the floor with them.

With all due respect, those pitchers along with several others have been hyped for the past two or three years.

FarWestChicago
05-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

With all due respect, those pitchers along with several others have been hyped for the past two or three years. Yes, but how many orders of magnitude was the difference with Jesus III, Vic? :smile:

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Yes, but how many orders of magnitude was the difference with Jesus III, Vic? :smile:

The press is setting him up to fail, y'all should be happy! :smile:

Randar68
05-23-2002, 03:52 PM

The press is setting him up to fail, y'all should be happy! :smile:

Unfortunately for Sox fans, he won't.

Good thing the Cubs won't be able to hold onto Kerry or Lieber when they come up for free agency over the next 2 years...

Chisox_cali
05-23-2002, 03:57 PM
The only MARK that matters...

:burly

DrCrawdad
05-23-2002, 04:02 PM

With all due respect, those pitchers along with several others have been hyped for the past two or three years.

Vic, do you live in the Chicago-area? If you do, and you are seriously making a comparison between WS pitching prospect "hype" and what has been going on here with Mark Prior then I've lost respect for you.

Prior hype:
A pre-game press conference.
A post-game press conference.
Countless pages in the newspaper pages the last three days. (6 pages in the Sun-Times today)

Sox Pitching Hype:
Comments by Hawk and/or Farmer.
Scattered Schueler/Kenny quotes in the paper.

I'm sure if you added up the newspaper space dedicated to WS pitching hype over the last 3 years to wouldn't come close to equaling what has transpired here.

All this said, I don't really care about the Prior-hype. Is it fun to poke fun at? Sure. But I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Garland, had an awesome outing. Wright has strung together a couple of strong outings. The Sox just took 2 of 3 from the BoSox at Fenway. The Sox are tied for first.

If the media and most of Chicagoland gives their attention to the Cubbie Circus, then that's fine with me. I don't expect things to be fair.

If the Sox win the AL Central and win in the post-season, if others choose to ignore the Sox then there is not much I can do about it. It doesn't reduce the joy I get out of seeing the White Sox do well.

-DrCrawdad.

Iwritecode
05-23-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
fwc......... i was rereading alot of the old post and i saw a girl on your sig with the huge go sox............. who is she

:crossdresser
LDF, if this is the pic you're talking about, that's not a female...

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Vic, do you live in the Chicago-area? If you do, and you are seriously making a comparison between WS pitching prospect "hype" and what has been going on here with Mark Prior then I've lost respect for you.

-DrCrawdad.

My response was to the guy who said "nobody knows about our young pitchers." That's a fallacy; since 2000 we've been hearing about the "stable" of young arms the White Sox had horded. From Phil Rogers, Baseball America, USA Today's Baseball Weekly, etc...while the hype wasn't as prevalent as it is with Prior, there's no doubting it was there, and it wasn't just scattered quotes in the media; it even caused that loser in San Jose to write about it if I'm not mistaken.

In any case, I'm sick of the Prior hype as well, it clearly takes the scrutiny off a horribly managed and horribly run team, and it places unfair expectations on the kid. I don't know how any of this is a positive. IMO, I'd rather he had no hype at all.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2002, 04:26 PM

In any case, I'm sick of the Prior hype as well, it clearly takes the scrutiny off a horribly managed and horribly run team, and it places unfair expectations on the kid. I don't know how any of this is a positive. IMO, I'd rather he had no hype at all.

:moron

That's exactly what I've been saying...in my seven columns focused strictly on Mark Prior.

moochpuppy
05-23-2002, 04:27 PM

while the hype wasn't as prevalent as it is with Prior

Don't forget THE MESSIAH - The Begining in Mr. Wood. The hype was about the same.

How many biblical players do the Cubs have now V?

FarWestChicago
05-23-2002, 04:29 PM

Don't forget THE MESSIAH - The Begining in Mr. Wood. The hype was about the same.

How many biblical players do the Cubs have now V? Geez, I forgot the original Jesus earlier. They have 4 I believe. Jesus "Morning" Wood, Jesus Patterson, Jesus Hill and Jesus Prior.

Iwritecode
05-23-2002, 04:30 PM

I swear, every time I read a post from you I have to keep reminding myself that you're a sCrUB fan...

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Geez, I forgot the original Jesus earlier. They have 4 I believe. Jesus "Morning" Wood, Jesus Patterson, Jesus Hill and Jesus Prior.

Before long, they'll be 25-deep with Jesuses.

That's catchy: The Chicago Jesuses. I like the sound of that.

:)

Daver
05-23-2002, 04:33 PM

In any case, I'm sick of the Prior hype as well, it clearly takes the scrutiny off a horribly managed and horribly run team, and it places unfair expectations on the kid.

:baylor

What are you trying to say Vic?

doublem23
05-23-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/RoyceChoice/jesusroyce.jpg
Did someone call?

Jerry_Manuel
05-23-2002, 04:34 PM
:?: I've always had Jessica Alba and "Manos is Pure Guts".

LDF, is talking about the 'lady' with the Cubs hat on, and the words "Go Sox" on the bottom.

voodoochile
05-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Well, at least they won't have to change the 'C' on their caps...

Randar68
05-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Geez, I forgot the original Jesus earlier. They have 4 I believe. Jesus "Morning" Wood, Jesus Patterson, Jesus Hill and Jesus Prior.

You forget the 5th Messiah.... Jesus "Baby Pedro" Cruz...sorry, couldn't help myself...

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2002, 04:36 PM
"Go forth, my children, and play really crappy baseball..."

FarWestChicago

You forget the 5th Messiah.... Jesus "Baby Pedro" Cruz...sorry, couldn't help myself... Thanks for catching that, Randar. I feel like a friggn' Agnostic for missing a Jesus.

Chisox353014
In any case, I'm sick of the Prior hype as well... it places unfair expectations on the kid.

If it wasn't for the fact that I would root against frickin' Mother Teresa and Ghandi if they were wearing Cubbie blue, I'd feel bad for the kid too. :D:

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by daver

:baylor

What are you trying to say Vic?

I'm trying to say you're an ******* Donny Baseball.

Randar68
05-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Thanks for catching that, Randar. I feel like a friggn' Agnostic for missing a Jesus.

At this point, a great line from "The Big Lebowski" comes to mind...

Chisox353014
05-23-2002, 04:39 PM

You forget the 5th Messiah.... Jesus "Baby Pedro" Cruz...sorry, couldn't help myself...

Is Julio Zuleta a Messiah too? Or just "the Panamanian Sensation"?

Chisox_cali
05-23-2002, 04:39 PM

At this point, a great line from "The Big Lebowski" comes to mind...

"You dont **** with the Jesus man!"

God I love that movie :D:

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

If it wasn't for the fact that I would root against frickin' Mother Teresa and Ghandi if they were wearing Cubbie blue, I'd feel bad for the kid too. :D:

That's completely understandable, it's the guys who hope he breaks his arm that upsets me.

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

"You dont **** with the Jesus man!"

God I love that movie :D:

You said it man. Nobody ****s with the Jesus.