PDA

View Full Version : Sox spring training broadcast schedule

SOXfnNlansing
01-09-2009, 05:13 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2008/stbroadcasts.pdf

sox1970
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Don't expect the veterans to do much other than show up the first couple weeks. This year's spring training is way too long because of that stupid tournament.

JermaineDye05
01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm really excited, I can't wait to see what Poreda/Beckham/Viciedo/Flowers/Lillibridge/Marquez/etc. have to bring to the table. Am I correct to assume that Beckham will be at major league camp?

sox1970
01-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm really excited, I can't wait to see what Poreda/Beckham/Viciedo/Flowers/Lillibridge/Marquez/etc. have to bring to the table. Am I correct to assume that Beckham will be at major league camp?

I don't think he will. No doubt, he'll be brought up to play in some games, but I don't see them making him a NR invite.

Medford Bobby
01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Don't expect the veterans to do much other than show up the first couple weeks. This year's spring training is way too long because of that stupid tournament.

Heck they are going to send 3rd stringers and ball boys for the 3 games in Tucson this year....:whiner:

saltwater farmer
01-09-2009, 09:59 PM

I couldn't disagree more. I love watching the international teams, especially Cuba, whenever I get the chance.

====

As a Sox fan living in Minneapolis, it's pretty disappointing to see just one WGN broadcast on that list.

sox1970
01-09-2009, 10:20 PM
As a Sox fan living in Minneapolis, it's pretty disappointing to see just one WGN broadcast on that list.

The Sox/Cubs games will be on WGN-TV on 3/4, 3/5, and 3/27, but they are Cubs announcers.

Lundind1
01-09-2009, 11:05 PM

A good suggestion for you, get the MLBTV subscription. It will also give you a chance to hear the home broadcast (radio) of every regular season Sox game and possibly give you a chance to see the broadcasts from the other teams also in spring training. If the Sox aren't broadcasting locally, you might be able to see the other teams broadcast. I would do it if I were as limited as you.

whitesox901
01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Will Dish Network black out spring training games if you have the $5 sports channel package?