PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Changes Rotation

Saracen
05-23-2002, 12:37 AM
Rotation update: Mark Buehrle will switch in the rotation with Gary Glover and will move up to start Friday night's home game against Detroit.

Manager Jerry Manuel said he wanted to break up his 1-2 combo of Buehrle and Todd Ritchie so the three less experienced starters don't have to go in a row.

"When I have [them] at the back of the rotation it extends the bullpen more often than I'd like to," Manuel said.

Manuel doesn't want teams facing Glover, Garland and Wright in a three-game series, saying it might give a "mental edge for the competition."

urbanhack
05-23-2002, 09:24 AM
I'm looking for Buehrle to throw a good game tomorrow night. I think he had too much pressure put on him to come out with a win the last time out. With Garland and Wright's back to back perfomances I think it will take a lot pressure off Mark. I've got a feeling he's going to throw a gem. JMHO

MattSharp
05-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by urbanhack
I've got a feeling he's going to throw a gem.

I think you will be right.

As for switching up the rotation, JM makes another good move. H'es starting to turn things around....

Garrison
05-23-2002, 01:49 PM
About time he makes a good move. So it will be Buehrle, Glover and Ritchie against Detroit? Then Wright Garland and Buerhle again versus NY? That's what I read it as. Good move though. Spread out the more solid guys.

Saracen
05-23-2002, 04:09 PM
It is a good move. I think he wanted to go with the lefty against NY - so it's a good move in both respects - split up Buehrle & Ritchie, shut down the Yanks in at least one game.