PDA

View Full Version : What WILL happen when WE face the Messiah

Viva Magglio
05-22-2002, 09:39 PM
Our offense will pin his ears back causing the ghost of Edward G. Robinson to appear and proclaim to Cub fans:

Where's your Messiah now?

Vsahajpal
05-23-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Our offense will pin his ears back causing the ghost of Edward G. Robinson to appear and proclaim to Cub fans:

Where's your Messiah now?

June 28th at Comiskey, I'll be there, I think Dan Wright is scheduled to face him. Prior has a tough stretch of games after next Monday, faces Houston twice, the Reds, the Mariners, and then Chicago. If he comes out of that with an ERA below 5.00 and respectable peripherals, I'll be happy.

doublem23
05-23-2002, 12:59 AM
:lofton :ray :hurt :maggs :walnuts :manos :caballo :sandy :hitless
We'll take care of him, for yah, Vic...

:hitless
Well, maybe not me.

DrCrawdad
05-23-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

June 28th at Comiskey, I'll be there, I think Dan Wright is scheduled to face him. Prior has a tough stretch of games after next Monday, faces Houston twice, the Reds, the Mariners, and then Chicago. If he comes out of that with an ERA below 5.00 and respectable peripherals, I'll be happy.

That means the tentative Cub rotation for that series is Prior, Clement & Lieber? Too much time between now and then to know for sure. The rotations will surely change before that series. In fact I read that Buerhle will be pitching in Glover's spot.

From ChicagoSpurts.com:

Rotation update: Mark Buehrle will switch in the rotation with Gary Glover and will move up to start Friday night's home game against Detroit.

Manager Jerry Manuel said he wanted to break up his 1-2 combo of Buehrle and Todd Ritchie so the three less experienced starters don't have to go in a row.

"When I have [them] at the back of the rotation it extends the bullpen more often than I'd like to," Manuel said.

Manuel doesn't want teams facing Glover, Garland and Wright in a three-game series, saying it might give a "mental edge for the competition."

CerberusWG
05-23-2002, 07:06 AM
Wow, a move I actually agree with from JM!

DrCrawdad
05-23-2002, 08:03 AM
Does anyone have a sound file of Edward G. Robinson from The Ten Commandments saying, "Where's your messiah now?"

I'd like to burn it on a CD. If the Sox beat Messiah Prior then in Comiskey's parking lot I'll crank up my car stereo with Edward G. Robinson's irritating voice asking the pertinant question, "Where's your messiah now?"

- DrCrawdad.

moochpuppy
05-23-2002, 08:45 AM
Well, since the Pirates are the lowest scoring team in baseball and strikeout an average of over 7 a game, Prior was rather average last night.

Hmmm, I think the Sox will rock him.

harwar
05-23-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
If the Sox beat Messiah Prior then in Comiskey's parking lot I'll crank up my car stereo with Edward G. Robinson's irritating voice asking the pertinant question, "Where's your messiah now?"

- DrCrawdad.

Man-O-Man,I like the sound of that.I hope you do it.I haven't missed a WhiteSox-cub series since i was a teenager.We should have some fun this year and the heads will roll.

PANFIRECRACKER
05-23-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Does anyone have a sound file of Edward G. Robinson from The Ten Commandments saying, "Where's your messiah now?"

I'd like to burn it on a CD. If the Sox beat Messiah Prior then in Comiskey's parking lot I'll crank up my car stereo with Edward G. Robinson's irritating voice asking the pertinant question, "Where's your messiah now?"

- DrCrawdad.

I just may have to dust off the old graven image-A CUB OF GOLD. Perhaps we can induce female cub fans to dance lasciviously and perform all that pagan sin stuff.