PDA

View Full Version : White Sox to Award Two Fans with a Pair of Season Tickets

SoxComms
01-06-2009, 03:49 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, January 6, 2009

WHITE SOX TO AWARD TWO FANS WITH A PAIR OF SEASON TICKETS

Team will Reward Two Fans with a Pair of Lower Box Seats

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox today announced the team will award two fans with a pair of lower box season tickets (split-season) through a special sweepstakes on whitesox.com. The giveaway, the first of its kind on whitesox.com, was created by the organization in appreciation for support from loyal fans throughout the years.

Fans are eligible to win split-season tickets by becoming registered users at whitesox.com. To enter the sweepstakes, fans must visit whitesox.com. Registering at whitesox.com is free.

“White Sox fans indeed are some of the most loyal and passionate fans in all of baseball,” said White Sox vice president and chief marketing officer Brooks Boyer. “We experienced that passion last season – from Opening Day to the ‘Blackout’ playoff game to the postseason. During these challenging fiscal times, giving true White Sox fans a chance to win the season tickets is a small gesture to show our continued gratitude for that undying support.”

The White Sox 2009 Split Season Ticket Sweepstakes launched today and runs through January 21. Fans must be at least 18-years-old and residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin to participate in the sweepstakes. The winners will be announced the week of SoxFest (week of January 26).

Full sweepstakes rules, along with the entry form, are available at whitesox.com.

-30-

© 2009 Chicago White Sox

kittle42
01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
No wonder we're trimming the payroll.

doublem23
01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Full sweepstakes rules, along with the entry form, are available at whitesox.com.

Where?

:dunno:

Ragator43
01-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Are we eligible if we're already a registered member?

kobo
01-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Where?

:dunno:
On whitesox.com click on where it says 2009 tickets next to the rolling headlines and the ticket page cmoes up with a box to click on for the sweepstakes.

whitesox901
01-06-2009, 06:54 PM
thats ****ing awsome, deff signing up for those

I want Mags back
01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
thats ****ing awsome, deff signing up for those

Not with a Toledo address your not.

hula
01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Fans must be at least 18-years-old and residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin to participate in the sweepstakes.

Well that's not fair! :whiner:

whitesox901
01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Not with a Toledo address your not.

oh ****, I forgot about those rules.

SoxGirl4Life
01-06-2009, 08:13 PM

If I win, I'm sure there are some pairs I could spare for some out of towners!

whitesox901
01-06-2009, 08:14 PM

:worship::worship::worship:

hula
01-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Hey SoxGirl! That would be great!! BTW, got your license frame on the car yet?!! :smile:

SoxGirl4Life
01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey SoxGirl! That would be great!! BTW, got your license frame on the car yet?!! :smile:

I did! It was nice enough this weekend and I was doing a road trip taking my daughter back to school so I wanted to make sure I got it on! I LOVE it! :D:

SoxGirl4Life
01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

I gotta win first.

Me or either of my kids or my 76 year old mom! I entered all of them!

hula
01-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I did! It was nice enough this weekend and I was doing a road trip taking my daughter back to school so I wanted to make sure I got it on! I LOVE it! :D:

Glad to hear it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to win the tix! :D:

Brian26
01-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Why? So someone from out of state can win the tickets and then sell them on Stub Hub since they won't be able to attend most of the games?

I want Mags back
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
oh ****, I forgot about those rules.

yea, when I went to sign up I clicked on the states and was expecting a full drop down of all the states, and then it was just IL, IN, and WI.

hula
01-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Why? So someone from out of state can win the tickets and then sell them on Stub Hub since they won't be able to attend most of the games?

How do you know I'm not a teacher and have the summers off &/or still have family living in Chicago??????

gregoriop
01-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I still can't find where to enter.

Ragator43
01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I still can't find where to enter.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/forms/split_sweeps.jsp?loc=form

gregoriop
01-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks!

I want Mags back
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
How do you know I'm not a teacher and have the summers off &/or still have family living in Chicago??????

So enter your families address :rolleyes:

SOXfnNlansing
01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I registered. Worth a try

guillensdisciple
01-07-2009, 03:38 AM
I gotta win first.

Me or either of my kids or my 76 year old mom! I entered all of them!

Well my odds have gone from slim to zero.

bridgeportcopper
01-08-2009, 01:13 PM
On the sign up page there is an ad to the right side for MLB.Tvwhich has a picture of TCQ in what appears to be Sox road jersey but the word Chicago is printed across his chest instead of the customary script Chicago. My question is, was this from the Civil Rights Game, was this photoshopped, or do we have a uniform change coming?

Jim Shorts
01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Awesome. Something else I won't win.

Signed up anyway

soxpride724
01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
On the sign up page there is an ad to the right side for MLB.Tvwhich has a picture of TCQ in what appears to be Sox road jersey but the word Chicago is printed across his chest instead of the customary script Chicago. My question is, was this from the Civil Rights Game, was this photoshopped, or do we have a uniform change coming?

I'm pretty sure that's the Civil Rights Game uniform.

I want Mags back
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM

I'm pretty sure that's the Civil Rights Game uniform.

Those things looked awful.

Lundind1
01-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Those things looked awful.

I would second that. It does look fake/photoshopped.

Just entered just for the hell of it. If we had so many people who entered the post season ticket game and didn't get in, think of how many will be out on this one.

Railsplitter
01-10-2009, 08:18 PM

Neither is life.

soxfanreggie
01-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I entered. I hope someone from this board wins...someone who will get good use out of those tickets whether it's someone else or if somehow it's me.

DrCrawdad
01-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Take note of the rules (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/forms/split_sweeps.jsp?loc=rules):

Limit one (1) entry per person/e-mail address/household, regardless of method of entry.