Levineline says 3 yrs, 30 mil.

Bradley had a career year.

rdwj
01-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Their fans are going to eat him alive.

It's going to be fun to watch him come apart at the seams

spawn
01-05-2009, 03:17 PM
They got rid of DeRosa, a fan favorite and a leader, tofree up money for Bradley, a good hitter who is a known head case. Great move!

It could work out well for the Cubs, but I just see this move backfiring.

CashMan
01-05-2009, 03:21 PM
3yrs out of his 9yrs in the biggs, he managed to eclipse 100 games played. He is a DH who cannot stay in the lineup on a consistent bases.

CashMan
01-05-2009, 03:22 PM
They got rid of DeRosa, a fan favorite and a leader, tofree up money for Bradley, a good hitter who is a known head case. Great move!

It could work out well for the Cubs, but I just see this move backfiring.

I guess they like to collect terrible defensive outfielders?

turners56
01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Bradley's a beast. But I doubt he's going to last long out there with the idiots in the right field bleachers. If he gets the Jacque Jones treatment, he's gonna chuck it back at the bleacher bums.

Mr.1Dog
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Bradley's a beast. But I doubt he's going to last long out there with the idiots in the right field bleachers. If he gets the Jacque Jones treatment, he's gonna chuck it back at the bleacher bums.

When healthy. Like a poster earlier said, he has only played more than 100 games 3 times. He could light up National League pitching though which could over inflate his numbers.

LITTLE NELL
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Great news if you hate the Cubs.

kittle42
01-05-2009, 03:34 PM
When healthy. Like a poster earlier said, he has only played more than 100 games 3 times. He could light up National League pitching though which could over inflate his numbers.

The guy is an OBP machine, but his numbers are not appreciably different from AL to NL:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/bradlmi01.shtml

Some of the "NL = AAA" stuff around here is laughable.

doublem23
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Some of the "NL = AAA" stuff around here is laughable.

Almost as much as the people who think the two leagues are equal. :wink:

kittle42
01-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Almost as much as the people who think the two leagues are equal. :wink:

I'll admit they're certainly not right now - the interleague records prove that overwhelmingly - but you have to admit many have taken it overboard.

For example, folks here who seemed to at least imply, if not flat-out state, that it would be preferable to have Gavin Floyd on your team than Cy Young Award winner Jake Peavy.

thomas35forever
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
It's going to be fun to watch him come apart at the seams
Yup. I have a feeling we're about to see the biggest rant from a Cub player/manager since Lee Elia.

It's Time
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Get ready for the back page of the Times and Trib tomorrow to have Bradley's mug all over it.

It's Time
01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Imagine the scene in the dugout if he misplays a ball when Zambrano is pitching. :cool:

WhiteSox5187
01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
If he stays healthy, I think he will do well. But, the fact that he has only played 100 games three times in his career and I think he's only played more than 140 games once (and then it was 141) makes me suspect he can't stay healthy. Also he is insane.

doublem23
01-05-2009, 03:43 PM
I'll admit they're certainly not right now - the interleague records prove that overwhelmingly - but you have to admit many have taken it overboard.

Agreed when we're talking about star talent. A premier pitcher in the National League will still be a good pitcher in the American League; perhaps slightly worse numbers based on the styles between the two leagues. Tim Lincecum, Brandon Webb, Carlos Zambrano, and Cole Hamels, would all easily be #1 pitchers on every AL team with the exception of, at most, 4.

That said, the dispaity between the AL and NL is a relevant point when talking about a mediocre pitcher or position player in the NL if they're looking at a job in the AL. Crappy AL players are much more likely to succeed in the NL than vice versa (I'm looking at you, Ted Lilly).

It's Time
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
http://math.berkeley.edu/~inoue/img/mb.jpg
http://mydobber.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/CarlosZambrano.jpg

doublem23
01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Good signing for the Baby Bears on paper, but this will only make the inevitable Cub meltdown that much more hilarious.

kittle42
01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Bradley will either

(1) Get injured
(2) Throw something at a RF bleacher bum
or, most likely,
(3) Get injured while throwing something at a RF bleacher bum

Bucky F. Dent
01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
This is going to be fun to watch!!!!

soxinem1
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Their fans are going to eat him alive.

He might eat a few of them too.

Real smart move.

Fukudome, Bradley, Soriano. $40 million in annual salaries for three DH's, one of which rarely playes 100 games, one which is ALREADY a well-paid DH, and the other might not be better than a platoon player.

DeRosa made $5 million for a 20-90 line. It would be a career year if Bradley did the same, and cost twice as much.

Wouldn't Dunn have made more sense? At least he'll be in the lineup. Bradley is a 50/50 chance to miss 50-100 games.

MeteorsSox4367
01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Whoever the Cubs' center fielder is, he's going to need a golfcart and a priest having to deal with defensive stalwarts like Soriano and Bradley on either side.

As for Bradley's volatile nature, what's the over/under for his first Elia-like media tirade and/or throwing something at one of the bleacher "fans?"

Nice work, Cubbies!

kittle42
01-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Whoever the Cubs' center fielder is, he's going to need a golfcart and a priest having to deal with defensive stalwarts like Soriano and Bradley on either side.

Apparently, you missed the defensive brilliance of the greaest CF ever Reed Johnson, who once made that one play.

Slats
01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Bradley had Josh Hamilton hitting in front of him at Texas. That's where his inflated numbers last year came from.

Risk
01-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Yeah, I agree. Put me in the column of one of those who gives Bradley two months dealing with "the world's greatest fans" before he pulls a Vernon "Mad Max" Maxwell .

Risk

Craig Grebeck
01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
He might eat a few of them too.

Real smart move.

Fukudome, Bradley, Soriano. $40 million in annual salaries for three DH's, one of which rarely playes 100 games, one which is ALREADY a well-paid DH, and the other might not be better than a platoon player.

DeRosa made $5 million for a 20-90 line. It would be a career year if Bradley did the same, and cost twice as much.

Wouldn't Dunn have made more sense? At least he'll be in the lineup. Bradley is a 50/50 chance to miss 50-100 games.
I'm going to pretend you didn't call Fukudome a DH. His bat sucked this year, but he's a very good defender.

It was a stupid move on the part of the Cubs, but they may get lucky and he'll stay healthy. Doubt it.

Dick Allen
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Maybe we can add another sporting event to the venue known as the Urinal - a cage match between Bradley and Zambrano. To the death.

Meanwhile, has WGN begun their round-the-clock coverage of this signing?

Foulke You
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm going to pretend you didn't call Fukudome a DH. His bat sucked this year, but he's a very good defender.
Fukudome was a good defender in RF but in CF he was very ordinary and didn't look nearly as comfortable. If the Cubs plan on having an outfield of Soriano-LF, Fukudome-CF, and Bradley-RF, it is going to be a pretty brutal defense.

1908<2005
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Great signing by the Cubs. He's a beast. And lol at some of you comparing him to Jacque Jones. Jacque Jones was brutal.

getonbckthr
01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
How will he react when the fans start booing him? Thats my only question.

1908<2005
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
They could have overpaid for Raul Ibanez like the Phillies did.

Risk
01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Or, the Cubs could have kept Derosa for half of what they are paying Bradley this next season and not have to deal w/ an oft-injured, tempermental clubhouse cancer who had a career year hitting behind Josh Hamilton at a hitter friendly park.

Risk

guillensdisciple
01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Good for them?

WhiteSox5187
01-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Is Edmonds coming back as the Cubs CF? If so, he's probably going to kill himself trying to cover so much ground.

DumpJerry
01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
To quote my Indians'-fan brother when he heard the Sox signed Albert Belle:

"He's your problem now."

cards press box
01-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Last year, Bradley played 97 games at DH, 19 in RF and 1 in LF. Bradley turns 31 this April and had major knee surgery after the 2007 season.

This signing has red flags all over the place and could very well backfire for the Cubs. And, man, that outfield defense could simply be awful.

01-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Who is going to play CF? Fukedome or Bradley ?

Foulke You
01-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Is Edmonds coming back as the Cubs CF? If so, he's probably going to kill himself trying to cover so much ground.
I've heard Edmonds won't be back and that the Cubs are planning on a CF platoon of Fukudome and Reed Johnson. Their outfield defense will be brutal next year, especially in larger ballparks. The Cubs were desperate for left handed hitting after the failure of Fukudome's bat and they were willing to dump DeRosa and Marquis to clear money to get it. The Sox really caught a break when Fukudome signed with the Cubs. The "lovables" are stuck paying $12 million per year (for the next 3 years) for a CF platoon player who can't hit MLB pitching and his best defensive position is RF.

central44
01-05-2009, 05:58 PM
You already have Lee (who thinks he's the bomb because of that one good year he had, and walks around like he's all that. Maybe thats just me, but it drives me crazy,) and Soriano, who is a complete prima-donna who showboats constantly and cries when he doesnt get his way (ie, not batting leadoff despite the fact that he can't do it). And you have Zambrano who...well, I could write on book on how I feel about Zambrano.

So you deal the one likeable player on your team, the undisputed captain and the guy everything runs through, who is also your most productive all around player, and replace him with Milton Bradley? It's like adding a fuse to a keg of gunpowder. Not to mention that the numbers between the two guys are practically a wash.

On top of that, you now have an outfield that consists of a SS who never successfully converted to LF, a RF (Fukudome) who now has to play CF, and a DH who now has to play in RF every day. Congratulations Cubs, you've put together the worst defensive outfield in baseball.

But hell, it's going to be funny to watch the Chicago media predict 100 wins, just to have them struggle to break 85--and still win what projects to be a pathetic NL Central.

The Critic
01-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Get ready for the back page of the Times and Trib tomorrow to have Bradley's mug all over it.
Along with horrible, overdone, unfunny board game puns.

The Critic
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Who is going to play CF? Fukedome or Bradley ?
What I heard was Bradley in RF with Fukudome spelling him, and Reed Johnson splitting time with Fukudome in CF as well.

Soxfest
01-05-2009, 06:59 PM
MB has played more than 130 games only once, looks like Woods old DL spot will have a new member!

cws05champ
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
You already have Lee (who thinks he's the bomb because of that one good year he had, and walks around like he's all that. Maybe thats just me, but it drives me crazy,) and Soriano, who is a complete prima-donna who showboats constantly and cries when he doesnt get his way (ie, not batting leadoff despite the fact that he can't do it). And you have Zambrano who...well, I could write on book on how I feel about Zambrano.

But hell, it's going to be funny to watch the Chicago media predict 100 wins, just to have them struggle to break 85--and still win what projects to be a pathetic NL Central.

I think it's just you. I think Lee is a class individual and has never shown anything but that IMO. Now Soriano, Zambrano, Dempster and A-Ram are a different story.

C-Dawg
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Now Soriano, Zambrano, Dempster and A-Ram are a different story.

Milton Bradley can fill the void left with the departure of Michael Barrett as the team's official hot-headed thug.

RichFitztightly
01-05-2009, 08:05 PM
This won't end well for the Cubs. One bad game and the world's best fans will be on him like the rash a drunken frat-boy gets after a one-night stand picked up at the Cubbie Bear. Milton Bradley will have a full-blown nuclear meltdown and be completely useless.

Assuming he's not on the DL.

turners56
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Great signing by the Cubs. He's a beast. And lol at some of you comparing him to Jacque Jones. Jacque Jones was brutal.

He was brutal. But Milton Bradley is also brutal defensively. Besides, drunk Cubs fans in the bleachers throw all the home runs of the other teams back. It might hit Bradley on accident. Hell, it almost hit Fukudome once.

DrCrawdad
01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
http://math.berkeley.edu/%7Einoue/img/mb.jpg

What are the chances this picture appears in either the Cubune or the Sun Times?

pythons007
01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I think it will be one hilarious season from a White Sox fan aspect. I think the Cubs completely **** the bed with all these moves so far minus the trading away of Marquis. DeRosa since being traded to the Cubs has been nothing but a class act who has played the majority of the positions if not all of them (I think he was their emergency catcher, IIRC).

Bradley like everyone has mentioned can't play the field at his old age of 31. In his career only 3 season with over 100 games played!?!?! Not to mention last year he was a DH for nearly a 100 of the games he played in!And they decide to give this guy $10M???? Give me a break, I mean seriously!

They get rid of Wood who was a solid closer and get Gregg who was decent in Florida. However, if memory serves me right all closers that came from the Marlins are terrible after leaving that team (Barowski, Urbina, Mesa? and I think there were a couple others as well).

I think it should be a very entertaining for us even if the Sox are going young!!! At least we are starting to rebuild our farm system, some what.

chisoxfanatic
01-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Within the first month, he'll get injured and will be out for the season due to an injury from that OF wall/ivy.

thomas35forever
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Top Ten Things Milton Bradley is Likely to Do with the Cubs

10) Order a hit on Kosuke Fukudome to the Japanese mafia

9) Try to prove he's better than Mark DeRosa by playing all nine positions simultaneously

8) Take out his frustration by taking a bat to the plumbing in the Cubs' clubhouse at Wrigley Field

7) Demand he be the headline on the sports section of every paper in town every day

6) Mistake Wrigley's ivy for loads of cash just for him

5) Replace the 'W' flag with a flag imprinted with his head shot

4) Yell to Bleacher Bum hecklers "Get a job, you hacks!"

3) Get into a graphic insult contest with Lou Piniella

2) Face off with Carlos Zambrano in a cage match to the death

1) Admit that he made a mistake when he signed

kittle42
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
This won't end well for the Cubs. One bad game and the world's best fans will be on him like the rash a drunken frat-boy gets after a one-night stand picked up at the Cubbie Bear. Milton Bradley will have a full-blown nuclear meltdown and be completely useless.

Assuming he's not on the DL.

But wait, if they don't pay attention and don't know who anyone is, how can they know he had a bad game? Worlds colliding!!!

Brian26
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Did Flub fans act this way in mid-2003 and again in mid-2004 when the Sox picked up Carl Everett?

I actually think he might turn out being a decent pick-up for them.

DrCrawdad
01-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Did Flub fans act this way in mid-2003 and again in mid-2004 when the Sox picked up Carl Everett?

IIRC they were pointing out the number of teams that Everett had played for ("Hey, Everett played for 6 teams in 11 years. If he's so good why's he bouncing from team to team...")

NOTE: Bradley is now on his 7th team in his 10th season.

DSpivack
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM

He can't play defense worth a lick, but I'd say it's a better pickup than Mr. Dinosaur himself. Bradley led the AL in OPS last season.

Craig Grebeck
01-05-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm really perplexed as to where everybody got the notion that Milton Bradley is a poor defender. He's slightly above average, at best, but not the butcher that many make him out to be.

areilly
01-05-2009, 10:51 PM
IIRC they were pointing out the number of teams that Everett had played for ("Hey, Everett played for 6 teams in 11 years. If he's so good why's he bouncing from team to team...")

Not to be an ass, but I think you're confusing this with Mark Buehrle's comments on Carl's comments on the future of Sox team leadership. Yes I'm serious:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=4854

kittle42
01-05-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm really perplexed as to where everybody got the notion that Milton Bradley is a poor defender. He's slightly above average, at best, but not the butcher that many make him out to be.

It's just that people perceive him to be oft-injured and thus better-suited to DH, and because they really haven't seen him play that much defense.

There are more blanket statements about players' defense tossed around this site than almost anything else.

BadBobbyJenks
01-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Has Milton Bradley ever melted down a teamate? He has blown up on an ump and the fans, but all this clubhouse cancer stuff seems exagerated to me. Everything I have ever read is that his teamates like him.

DrCrawdad
01-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Not to be an ass, but I think you're confusing this with Mark Buehrle's comments on Carl's comments on the future of Sox team leadership. Yes I'm serious:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=4854

No, this has been a critique by Cubbie fans and if it wasn't Carl Everett then it was someone else along the way.

Either way though, Milton Bradley is a talented offensive player and if some here are correct (I suspect they are wrong) he's also a good defensive outfielder BUT, BUT, BUT he's bounced around a lot. Considering his talent and ability makes you wonder why though.

TheOldRoman
01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Has Milton Bradley ever melted down a teamate? He has blown up on an ump and the fans, but all this clubhouse cancer stuff seems exagerated to me. Everything I have ever read is that his teamates like him.Well, he accused Jeff Kent of being a racist, so he had a feud with him.

Now, consider the special "charm" the frat boys threw at Fukudome and Latroy Hawkins. He if goes into a slump of more than 4 games the morons will start on him and he will go ape-****.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
1) R Soriano - LF
2) L Fukudome - CF
3) R Lee - 1B
4) R Ramirez - 3B
5) S Bradley - RF
6) R Soto - C
7) R Theroit - SS
8) L Fontenot - 2B
9) ? Pitcher's Spot

If they're smart, they go with that lineup. IF Fukudome struggles again in 2009, you can use him as the Sox used Iguchi in 2005; gust have him move Soriano over to the next base. But I have a feeling... he'll be a decent player next season. I was thinking Bradley would fit well at # 2 but to have a switch-hitter split 4 of their right-handed batters right in half would be best.

I like the lineup. I kinda found it funny that Bradley; a proven Major Leaguer coming off a career year, got a smaller contract and is making less annually than a guy who had never played a game in the MLB from Japan (Fukudome).

DSpivack
01-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Well, he accused Jeff Kent of being a racist, so he had a feud with him.

Now, consider the special "charm" the frat boys threw at Fukudome and Latroy Hawkins. He if goes into a slump of more than 4 games the morons will start on him and he will go ape-****.

Jeff Kent doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation, either, does he?

Don't forget Jacque Jones in that list.

veeter
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM
When healthy. Like a poster earlier said, he has only played more than 100 games 3 times. He could light up National League pitching though which could over inflate his numbers.Not anymore inflated than The Ballpark at Arlington.

thedudeabides
01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
What I really don't get is why you would trade DeRosa if your going to sign Bradley?

DeRosa fills in his spot while he's injured and can spell him in right to give him rest.

This is the perfect risky signing you make, when you have a guy like DeRosa. I guess maybe the payroll has just about maxed out and they couldn't afford him unless they moved DeRosa. It still seems a little counterproductive.

doublem23
01-06-2009, 09:24 AM
What I really don't get is why you would trade DeRosa if your going to sign Bradley?

Mark DeRosa doesn't bat left-handed.

HomeFish
Jeff Kent doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation, either, does he?

The fact that Milton Bradley hates Jeff Kent is about as unique as the fact that Milton Bradley breathes oxygen.

spawn

DeRosa fills in his spot while he's injured and can spell him in right to give him rest.

This is the perfect risky signing you make, when you have a guy like DeRosa. I guess maybe the payroll has just about maxed out and they couldn't afford him unless they moved DeRosa. It still seems a little counterproductive.
You're correct. It was about money. Plain and simple.

thedudeabides
01-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Mark DeRosa doesn't bat left-handed.

Who's the left handed bat for the 60-80 games he shown he is likely to miss?

Gathright, Miles, Fukudome? They may bat from the left side, but they're not very good.

I would rather have a right handed DeRosa than any of them, but if it was strictly about payroll, I guess it doesn't matter.

veeter
01-06-2009, 09:35 AM
I just wish their division was better. They'll still win it with this powder keg. Then be quickly dismissed by Philly or someone.

areilly
01-06-2009, 09:37 AM
No, this has been a critique by Cubbie fans and if it wasn't Carl Everett then it was someone else along the way.

Gotcha.

I think the only time I remember any Cubs fan giving me a hard time about a Sox pickup was the signing of A.J. Pierzynski. The exchange typically involved them saying "the guy's a jerk," and me saying "I'm really glad the Sox finally have a decent catcher again."

OmarLittle
01-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Bradley had Josh Hamilton hitting in front of him at Texas. That's where his inflated numbers last year came from.

This is incorrect.

Josh Hamilton
304/371/530

Milton Bradley
321/430/563

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
What are the chances this picture appears in either the Cubune or the Sun Times?

When ESPN showed the info about the signing....they showed that clip as well as him arguing at umps and in the dugout spouting off.

WGN showed the infamous baseball heave as well.

doublem23
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Who's the left handed bat for the 60-80 games he shown he is likely to miss?

Gathright, Miles, Fukudome? They may bat from the left side, but they're not very good.

I would rather have a right handed DeRosa than any of them, but if it was strictly about payroll, I guess it doesn't matter.

I'm just saying they sorely needed a LH bat in the middle of their lineup, which Bradley is and DeRosa is not. I can see why they went with Milton, it's a risk no doubt but one that could be pretty lucrative if it pans out.

Anyways, the Bradley/DeRosa swap isn't as perplexing as the Gathright/DeRosa one is. Bradley + De Rosa >>>>>>>>> Bradley + Gathright.

kittle42
01-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm just saying they sorely needed a LH bat in the middle of their lineup, which Bradley is and DeRosa is not. I can see why they went with Milton, it's a risk no doubt but one that could be pretty lucrative if it pans out.

Anyways, the Bradley/DeRosa swap isn't as perplexing as the Gathright/DeRosa one is. Bradley + De Rosa >>>>>>>>> Bradley + Gathright.

Wasn't the shipping out of DeRosa and Marquis an effort to open up cash for Bradley?

doublem23
01-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Wasn't the shipping out of DeRosa and Marquis an effort to open up cash for Bradley?

Probably, but I was always told the Cubs had unlimited money to spend.

Sockinchisox
01-06-2009, 12:26 PM

100%, back page of the Sun-Times.

kittle42
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Probably, but I was always told the Cubs had unlimited money to spend.

That's because no one knows what they're talking about.

soxinem1
01-06-2009, 01:40 PM

It was a stupid move on the part of the Cubs, but they may get lucky and he'll stay healthy. Doubt it.

In RF he is okay, but with this signing, he will be forced to CF, where his arm and range are, well, slightly above Nick Swisher.

But he will probably be back in RF by mid-July when Bradley tears his shoulder trying to rip out a seat in the bleachers that he intended to shove down the throats of a few of those "Baseball's Greatest Fans" in the OF seats.

spawn
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes.

guillensdisciple
01-06-2009, 02:40 PM
This was my friends response to the question of the cubs winning the world series, he is a very educated Cubs fans so I found this kinda shocking and funny at the same time:

"i wish i could stab myself right now. the one good thing that has happened is they got rid of Marqui. THATS IT!. Good Bye 09!. This is how bad i think the season is in my opinion, I am going to watch the WNBA instead of baseball. ugh. cancer cancer cancer."

Wow, Bradley isn't like that much is he?

Brian26
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
The fact that Milton Bradley hates Jeff Kent is about as unique as the fact that Milton Bradley breathes oxygen.

That's a good line actually.

hi im skot
01-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Rick Morrissey offers his take, talks about White Sox undergarments.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-07-morrissey-milton-bradley-.ar0jan07,0,4880872.column

:?:

EndemicSox
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
IF Bradley has matured, and is taking care of his body, this is an excellent signing. Bradley is a force at the plate. Time will tell....

WhiteSoxFan84
01-07-2009, 01:44 PM

Nope. That's what we were led to believe but it sounds like Hendry is just waiting for the new owner to be announced and guess who he's going to go after.... AGAIN? .......

http://static9.servers.fuel.tv/9/N7/M/MX/MX1/MX1.trans_extension_jpg_max_side_780.jpg

(don't know which one but definitely one of the two)

eriqjaffe
01-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Carrot Top should provide a pretty solid 200 innings, IMO.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-07-2009, 01:48 PM

I made the same mistake at first. That's snowboarder Shaun White.

If it wasn't for Carrot Top being JACKED (the guy is huge), no one would be able to tell them apart.

rdivaldi
01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Rick Morrissey offers his take, talks about White Sox undergarments.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-07-morrissey-milton-bradley-.ar0jan07,0,4880872.column

:?:

So the Flubs lost because they weren't nasty or edgy enough? Wonderful article Rick.

whitesox901
01-07-2009, 11:01 PM

and probably a 4.25ish ERA

soxinem1
01-13-2009, 01:47 PM
MB has played more than 130 games only once, looks like Woods old DL spot will have a new member!

Bradley will add a new trophy to his display case this season:

2009 NL Triple Crown winner..... in simulated BA, HR, and RBI.

WizardsofOzzie
01-15-2009, 09:17 AM
He wouldn't be able to get past the drug testing :D: