PDA

View Full Version : The MESSIAH has come!

HawkDJ
05-22-2002, 10:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/media/mlb/2002/0522/photo/a_mprior_ht.jpg
This guy gives up 2 runs over 6 innings to the deadly league worst .227 team hitting Pittsburgh Piartes in his first start. Let's just vote him in the Hall of Fame already!!! Seriously though, like a caller on the Sox ESPN Radio post game show said, I think Cubs fans have already built a Mark Prior statue at Wrigley.

RedPinStripes
05-22-2002, 10:10 PM
**** HIM!

KruseControl04
05-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
like a caller on the Sox ESPN Radio post game show said, I think Cubs fans have already built a Mark Prior statue at Wrigley. [/B]

That caller was pretty funny. I hate those Cubs fans.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Now if Prior is the "new" savior, what happened to Kerry Wood? I thought HE was the savior of the franchise? Maybe he was just a prophet clearing the way and getting the Chicago media machine ready for Prior.

Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Ministry - Jesus Built my Hot Rod

Viva Magglio
05-22-2002, 10:35 PM
The lickfest for the Messiah in tomorrow's papers will make us...

:chunks

Prof.Redass
05-22-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

That caller was pretty funny. I hate those Cubs fans.

I find it rather more than hysterical that a Cub fan lurking on this board would even comment on it.Another sign of Cub fan stupidity as far as i am concerned,not that anyone needed any more proof.

KVinc
05-23-2002, 01:38 AM
just wait when Prior faces a team that hits .250, the way the pirates were swingin tonight Jimmy Parque could have had a perfect game.

cheeses_h_rice
05-23-2002, 02:55 AM
I went to the Urinal tonight with an English (non-baseball-fan) friend of mine for a few innings. There was a definite feeling in the air that Prior was the sole thing remaining that could save the Flubs' season -- people were pumping their fists, grunting at every strike Prior threw, and giving standing O's for every little thing Prior did right, as if their season hung in the balance. I felt a bit sickened, actually, as I watched these thousands of idiots pretending tonight's game mattered much for this doomed franchise.

Anyway, we left after 3 innings to go out to eat and get some drinks, and tonight while driving back to my apartment I tuned into the Score, and caller after caller consisted of absolutely ripped-off-their-asses Flub fans proclaiming that the Great Cubs Turnaround had begun, and that Prior would lead them to the championship. You could just hear the Blue Rock working its magic in these dudes' veins. Tommy Williams (the host) asked these drunken idiots when exactly this championship turnaround would happen, and EVERY SINGLE CALLER said "next year." Huh, so I guess signing one competent pitcher suddenly erases your problems with terrible catchers, ailing first basemen, weak-hitting third basemen, always-injured left fielders, and a bullpen that no one in the NL fears. I had no idea.

It's called history, folks. Some of these Cub fans would do well to learn by it.

Pathetic. And aggravating it all was the fact that I had the damndest time figuring out how the Sox fared tonight, seeing as ESPN showed nothing but Prior highlights, seemingly, at the bars I went to.

First place? Yeah, sure, that's nice, but THE FUTURE is always better, at least according to some....

No-Neck
05-23-2002, 01:19 PM
Prior's statue will go on which side of Kid K's statue?

I feel a controversy brewing!