PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wills is my hero!

KruseControl04
05-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Dave Wills just totally dissed some Flubs fan who called up the show and started bitching about stuff. Wills cut's him off and goes, "opps, did I press the wrong button". Then he went on the whole big speech about how the Cubs are stupid, and that if you want to talk about the Cubs then call a different station. Man, that was great!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04
Dave Wills just totally dissed some Flubs fan who called up the show and started bitching about stuff. Wills cut's him off and goes, "opps, did I press the wrong button". Then he went on the whole big speech about how the Cubs are stupid, and that if you want to talk about the Cubs then call a different station. Man, that was great!

That was great! These Flubbie fans are the ultimate hypocrites. They get on the air and accuse Wills of focusing on the other team in town--and here they are listening to and calling into a White Sox radio call-in show--even as kid phenom Prior is pitching for their team. I love it!

It's like these dopes can't even fathom a sports talk show in Chicago that doesn't invite them to the party. It's hysterical to hear them whine.

These idiots can go perform a physical impossiblity on themselves. More power to Dave Wills!!!!

:mkillcub

chisoxfanatic
05-23-2002, 01:41 AM
And then Wills repeats his ever-famous quote, "If I may remind you...This is a White Sox post game show!" Just beautiful! I am loving this guy more as the days pass!

How about getting him to replace :moron at the Sun Times!
You talking about replacing...ME?

Heather the Redbird

alohafri
05-23-2002, 07:31 AM
Wills is great! He is a Sox fan and doesn't apologize for it.

harwar
05-23-2002, 08:55 AM
I listen to Dave Wills after every game.Sometimes i have J.Hood & D.Wills on at the same time with 2 radios just to hear a little more White Sox stuff.Hes' had several run-ins with cub fans that are memorable.That little "oh no" that he plays after stating a usual cub loss is tape of an actual cub fan that called in last year and complained about him saying "oh no" when talking about yet another sad cub loss.I wonder if that lowly cub fan knows that hes become an established part of "The White Sox post-game show".

charlie browned
05-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Melton gets into it as well:

The other night, Melton and Wills were joking about Melton having to drive back home through Wrigleyville just as the Cubs/Pirates game was getting out. Melton said it didn't matter, that there were probably only about 5,000 fans there ("too cold")-- and that "they just announce an attendance of 30,000 every game no matter what." Wills ribbed him, saying that those 5000 were probably whooping it up and partying all around the stadium because "Sammie hit a home run."

awesomefan
05-23-2002, 09:54 PM
Dave Wills is my Sports Talk Radio Hero. I too love the way he goes about stickin' up for Our Chicago White Sox.

RKMeibalane
05-23-2002, 10:32 PM
...that Cubs fan was probably too drunk to know what he was doing. Typical, if you ask me. Those stupid people just don't get it. They complain about Sox fans who don't mind their own business, but if you ask me, it's really the other way around. I've noticed that it's usually Cubs fans who don't leave the Sox fans alone, primarilly because they're so insecure about themselves that they can't let a single day go by without bashing the Sox in order to make themselves feel better about following an awful team.