PDA

View Full Version : My life just flashed before my eyes!

Chisox_cali
05-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Oh God was that nerve racking!!! But I truly beleive that this is a turn around game for the Sox. Garland was flat out DOMINANT I just think the nerves got to him in the 9th but Keith came in and did exactly what he's paid to do CLOSE. And he did just that, and we've finally taken advantage because...

:twinslose

Tied for first!!!! Now the Twinks get the Red Hot Angels and we get the lowly Tiggers. Let's get us some breathing room!

:winner

Max Power
05-22-2002, 08:41 PM
I agree with what you say about this being a turnaround game. Hopefully with the Sox can parlay taking 2 of 3 from one of baseball's best teams- at their place- into a nice winning streak and leave the Twins in the dust.

Unfortunetly, since Mark "the Second Coming" Prior seems to be pitching the Cubs to a win over the equally lowly Pirates, no one will hear about the Sox great win.

GASHWOUND
05-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Oh God was that nerve racking!!! But I truly beleive that this is a turn around game for the Sox. Garland was flat out DOMINANT I just think the nerves got to him in the 9th but Keith came in and did exactly what he's paid to do CLOSE. And he did just that, and we've finally taken advantage because...

:twinslose

Tied for first!!!! Now the Twinks get the Red Hot Angels and we get the lowly Tiggers. Let's get us some breathing room!

:winner

I don't think the Tiggers are so lowly anymore..It seems everytime we go into a series the opposing team is on a roll and there's no exception here. Haven't they won like 5 in a row or something? Weaver almost threw a no-hitter tonight, that goodness we're missing him. Lets just keep it up.

baggio202
05-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I don't think the Tiggers are so lowly anymore..It seems everytime we go into a series the opposing team is on a roll and there's no exception here. Haven't they won like 5 in a row or something? Weaver almost threw a no-hitter tonight, that goodness we're missing him. Lets just keep it up.

im almost to the point of pulling for cleveland when they play detroit...i think detroit will pass them sometime in june..put a fork in cleveland...detroit has a history of starting off horrible and finishing strong..they could very well finish 2nd behind us this year...this from a team that on paper has craig paquette as their clean up hitter???...god this division sux..lol

Bucktown
05-22-2002, 09:26 PM
That was so exciting I am listening to the 9th inning of the archived game on MLB (I also am going to listen to the post game).

doublem23
05-23-2002, 12:56 AM
I tell yeah, once the weather starts to heat up.... watch out for the Sox...

Iwritecode
05-23-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Actually, they've won 6 in a row now.

A few things to remember though...

We have Burly and Ritchie going with Glover mixed in between. Their #1 went last night. 3 of their past 6 wins came against Cleveland. The Tribe has trouble against KC anymore. The Sox are coming off 2 outstanding performances by Wright and Garland on the road against the best team in baseball. They are also home for this series.

The Sox have a number of advantages and should take 2 of 3 if not sweep.

foulkesfan11
05-23-2002, 11:05 AM
I was actually nervous when Keith came in too. He doesn't get many save opportunities. He's blown a couple this year. Either we win by a bunch & there's no save opportunity, or its a close game & we end up losing.

yyz
05-23-2002, 11:32 AM
I believe this game may be looked back on as a turning point the way the May 13th Jeff Abbott Walk-off homer game against the Twins was in the 2000 season. I believe an extended period of winning baseball is imminent.