thats because they are shipping DeRosa to the Toons

Iwritecode
12-31-2008, 01:33 PM

I heard that too.

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2008, 01:54 PM

I was listening to J. Hood on ESPN 1000 about a half hour ago, and just heard on the WGN Midday News, that this trade is official. The Cubs get three minor league pitchers- righties Jeff Stevens and Chris Archer, and lefty John Gaub. The Indians website (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081231&content_id=3730708&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle) is also reporting that this is a done deal.

Foulke You
12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
I was listening to J. Hood on ESPN 1000 about a half hour ago, and just heard on the WGN Midday News, that this trade is official. The Cubs get three minor league pitchers- righties Jeff Stevens and Chris Archer, and lefty John Gaub. The Indians website (http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081231&content_id=3730708&vkey=news_cle&fext=.jsp&c_id=cle) is also reporting that this is a done deal.
I think the Cubs are going to regret this move. DeRosa came up with a lot of big hits for them and was extremely valuable for his versatility. I'm actually not happy that the Tribe is getting him. It definitely makes them better.

DumpJerry
12-31-2008, 02:18 PM
So now the Cubs can trade him for Juan Uribe.

WhiteSox5187
12-31-2008, 02:48 PM
So now the Cubs can trade him for Juan Uribe.

They could just sign him too, couldn't they?

I'm also upset that DeRosa is going to the Tribe, but let's see how he does in the AL compared to the NL. From a Cubs standpoint replacing DeRosa with the likes of Aaron Miles is not a good trade.

veeter
12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
I want to play a pick-up basketball game with Theriot, Fontenot, Gathright and Miles. I could finally be a center.

twentywontowin
12-31-2008, 03:12 PM
On the main page where the preview is abbreviated, I thought the Cubs had gotten Aaron Rowand.

I prepared for the worst.

soxinem1
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I think the Cubs are going to regret this move. DeRosa came up with a lot of big hits for them and was extremely valuable for his versatility. I'm actually not happy that the Tribe is getting him. It definitely makes them better.

Maybe so, but a career backup who has a career year is not going to be any better.

In the short run, not bad for CLE. His best position is probably 3B.

The Immigrant
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM
I want to play a pick-up basketball game with Theriot, Fontenot, Gathright and Miles. I could finally be a center.

:gulp:

Gammons Peter
12-31-2008, 04:11 PM
They could just sign him too, couldn't they?

I'm also upset that DeRosa is going to the Tribe, but let's see how he does in the AL compared to the NL. From a Cubs standpoint replacing DeRosa with the likes of Aaron Miles is not a good trade.

He came to the cub from the American League....and he did fine

GoGoCrede
12-31-2008, 04:14 PM
On the main page where the preview is abbreviated, I thought the Cubs had gotten Aaron Rowand.

I prepared for the worst.

I did too. I don't think I've ever clicked on a topic that fast. :tongue:

cws05champ
12-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Maybe so, but a career backup who has a career year is not going to be any better.

In the short run, not bad for CLE. His best position is probably 3B.
But he will probably play 2nd with Cabrera moving to SS and Perraulta to 3B. I just know he will be one of those guys that will kill us(ala Casey Blake).

DrCrawdad
12-31-2008, 07:32 PM
So does the signing of Aaron Miles mean the final end of the 2 year saga of the Cubbies acquiring Brian Roberts?

AnkleSox
12-31-2008, 08:35 PM
But he will probably play 2nd with Cabrera moving to SS and Perraulta to 3B. I just know he will be one of those guys that will kill us(ala Casey Blake).

I think I remember him killing us when he was with the Rangers. I could be wrong though.

MHOUSE
01-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Cubs are going to regret every bit of this trade. They would've been better off letting DeRosa player RF everyday or rotate around the diamond like he did last year. A "Regular" without just one position. He was arguably their most consistent hitter last year, especially late in the season. Trading DeRosa for Miles and Milton Bradley (in essence) seems like a lateral move or downgrade. I guess it's really just putting a lot of faith in Bradley being able to handle 140 games in the outfield. (Yeah right!)

johnnyg83
01-03-2009, 01:55 AM
DeRosa > Miles

DSpivack
01-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Cubs are going to regret every bit of this trade. They would've been better off letting DeRosa player RF everyday or rotate around the diamond like he did last year. A "Regular" without just one position. He was arguably their most consistent hitter last year, especially late in the season. Trading DeRosa for Miles and Milton Bradley (in essence) seems like a lateral move or downgrade. I guess it's really just putting a lot of faith in Bradley being able to handle 140 games in the outfield. (Yeah right!)

Well, if you don't care about defense, Milton Bradley is a huge upgrade over DeRosa.