PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo's White Sox report 12/30

DumpJerry
12-31-2008, 11:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtwBKMZ1yB7qBNypUtacUJMU0bYF?slug=teamre ports-2008-mlb-chw&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

The biggest news: TCQ is completely cleared for all baseball activities!

Also: The Sox will bring Linebrink and Buehrle around slowly in SP so they can last an entire year (esp. Linebrink).

Not reported: A return of Aaron Rowand. Oh well.

BadBobbyJenks
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
I will never understand how mistakes like these are made, "Cabrera was offered arbitration but will likely turn it down". The arbitration deadline was what 4 weeks ago?

ode to veeck
12-31-2008, 12:02 PM

LOL, but Aaron is alive and well and holding up an otherwise pathetic franchise in his home state of CA

BainesHOF
12-31-2008, 12:14 PM
I will never understand how mistakes like these are made, "Cabrera was offered arbitration but will likely turn it down". The arbitration deadline was what 4 weeks ago?

I'm sure the writer had an early deadline and then a Yahoo editor never updated the story.

Start getting used to this type of thing. You're going to see mistakes like this in online stories as newspapers go under. We've just passed through a Golden Age of online content. It's only going to get worse from here. For example, MLB.com is in the process of jettison well-paid veteran writers in favor of recent college grads with no real experience.

Lorenzo Barcelo
12-31-2008, 01:05 PM

Not that it really matters, but the notes/quotes section is never updated on the Yahoo team report. The section above it usually is up to date though.

whitem0nkey
12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
The biggest news: TCQ is completely cleared for all baseball activities!

so now he can participant in the WBC?

CLR01
12-31-2008, 01:10 PM

Under the radar? :?:

soxfan43
12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
so now he can participant in the WBC?

Seems like a lot of guys are turning down spots, maybe he'll get the call. I've heard Danks' name a few times in WBC talk, hopefully NO Sox pitchers are involved.

everafan
01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Also: The Sox will bring Linebrink and Buehrle around slowly in SP so they can last an entire year (esp. Linebrink).

They did this with Buehrle last year and it worked. Although fans were worried that he was hurt.