PDA

View Full Version : White Sox SGA Bobbleheads 2001-2008

soxfan1983
12-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm trying to collect all the Stadium Giveaway Bobbleheads for the White Sox. I've found some sites that claim they have a list of all the bobbleheads for all teams etc. I was wondering if anyone had a list of all the bobbleheads given away for the White Sox. This is the list I've found but I was wondering if Nellie Fox in 2004 was a SGA? Thanks in advance...

Chicago White Sox 6/1/01 Frank Thomas
Chicago White Sox 7/1/01 Magglio Ordoņez
Chicago White Sox 4/14/02 Magglio Ordoņez
Chicago White Sox 7/28/02 Carlton Fisk
Chicago White Sox 8/11/02 Minnie Minoso
Chicago White Sox 6/11/03 Ken Harrelson/Darrin Jackson
Chicago White Sox 7/18/03 Paul Konerko
Chicago White Sox 8/21/04 Esteban Loaiza
Chicago White Sox 5/27/07 Ozzie Guillen
Chicago White Sox 8/9/07 Ken "Hawk" Harrelson
Chicago White Sox 9/16/07 Jim Thome
Chicago White Sox 8/10/08 Nick Swisher
Chicago White Sox 2008 Season Ticket Plan A.J. Pierzynski

chisox616
12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Can you share some of the good websites you've found for those bobbleheads?

nug0hs
12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
When I Googled "white sox bobblehead" I got this result too: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Paciorek-~-2003-White-Sox-Bobblehead-Bobble-AGP-SGA_W0QQitemZ120355567211QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ2008 1228?IMSfp=TL081228127005r24294

MarkZ35
12-30-2008, 09:16 PM
For anybody looking to possibly trade. I have a few extra Konerko's and Ordonez's. I've also tried collecting as many as possible but I probably only have about half of them.

Brian26
12-30-2008, 09:31 PM

This list is pretty good. The 8/9/07 Hawk bobblehead was never released.

There are many other Alexander Global Productions (AGP) bobbleheads that have been made in addition to the stadium giveaways. Every winter for the Sox fantasy camp, AGP makes a bobblehead for that event (limited to 500 +/-). In recent years, some of the players that have been made were: Thigpen, Carlos May, Greg Walker, Paciorek, Baines and Melton. There was a Jose Valentin bobble made around 2003. Also in 2003, AGP produced some bobbleheads that were sold in stores under the name "Bobble Dobbles"...these were Konerko (batting), Mags (throwing), Mags (batting w/ 2003 All-Star Game logo).

I haven't really made an effort to track down the missing ones. I'm still kicking myself that I got rid of the Hawk/DJ bobble. I don't have the Aparicio or Fox bobbles from the early 2000s or the Frank Thomas home white-pinstripes. I almost picked up the Bill Melton at Grandstand last year for $10, but the only one they had left had his arm broken off.

MarkZ35
12-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice collection you got me beat by a few. You have any doubles for sale?

I want Mags back
12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/aprusnak/Photo2.jpg

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/aprusnak/Photo3.jpg

BainesHOF
12-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I have an extra Swisher that I'll trade for an A.J. Also could use most of the fantasy camp releases.

You can e-mail me at salukidave@comcast.net.

whitesox901
12-31-2008, 02:00 AM
C.C. Sabathia 07/16/05 @ Cleveland ..oh wait..it was just an action figure :redface:

Konerko05
12-31-2008, 03:11 AM
My Paul Konerko's head fell off.

Chicken Dinner
12-31-2008, 09:23 AM
So who should be the 2009 SGA Bobblehead? Lexi? MB? JD? BJ?

BV2005
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
C.C. Sabathia 07/16/05 @ Cleveland ..oh wait..it was just an action figure :redface:

wow i was at that game and I have that action figure. If I remember right the Sox swept cleveland that weekend!

AlexeisAlley
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I have a Swisher bobblehead, it's open, no box, right in front of me at work actually.
If this will help someone, I can swap for whoever, I don't care.
I live in the city, can meet up to swap or if you want to pay my shipping, I'll mail it to ya.
Hope this helps somebody :bandance:

soxfan1983
12-31-2008, 02:57 PM
here are the two sites I was able to find on google.

http://thetruebobbleheadboard.yuku.com/topic/375/t/Baseball-SGA-History.html

http://accuratebobbleheadlist.blogspot.com/

that list I made is what I found on those sites... the following are the ones I still need.

Brian26 thanks for posting that list of the fantasy camps.

MarkZ35
12-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I have a Swisher bobblehead, it's open, no box, right in front of me at work actually.
If this will help someone, I can swap for whoever, I don't care.
I live in the city, can meet up to swap or if you want to pay my shipping, I'll mail it to ya.
Hope this helps somebody :bandance:
I have Magglio and Konerko extras. I really wanted the Swisher but I had work. I'll send you a PM
Also have an extra Patrick Kane Calder Cup figure from this year.

The Dude
01-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I have an extra of both:

I'd be interested in any of these if people want to trade. I'd trade them both for hawk/DJ set.

Steelrod
01-02-2009, 01:04 PM
This list is pretty good. The 8/9/07 Hawk bobblehead was never released.

There are many other Alexander Global Productions (AGP) bobbleheads that have been made in addition to the stadium giveaways. Every winter for the Sox fantasy camp, AGP makes a bobblehead for that event (limited to 500 +/-). In recent years, some of the players that have been made were: Thigpen, Carlos May, Greg Walker, Paciorek, Baines and Melton. There was a Jose Valentin bobble made around 2003. Also in 2003, AGP produced some bobbleheads that were sold in stores under the name "Bobble Dobbles"...these were Konerko (batting), Mags (throwing), Mags (batting w/ 2003 All-Star Game logo).

I haven't really made an effort to track down the missing ones. I'm still kicking myself that I got rid of the Hawk/DJ bobble. I don't have the Aparicio or Fox bobbles from the early 2000s or the Frank Thomas home white-pinstripes. I almost picked up the Bill Melton at Grandstand last year for $10, but the only one they had left had his arm broken off.
The camp also gave out Art Kusnyer

BainesHOF
01-03-2009, 12:21 PM
This thread illustrates that a "White Sox Memorabilia" Forum could be useful and popular among us collectors. Is it possible to add one to this great site?

At the very least, the rules for one could allow for general discussion and, like this thread, trade offers. Ideally I'd also like to the buying and selling of items, too. From a practical and useful standpoint, I think would prove to be the most popular part of such a forum.

Brian26
01-03-2009, 02:06 PM
This thread illustrates that a "White Sox Memorabilia" Forum could be useful and popular among us collectors. Is it possible to add one to this great site?

Cool idea, but I'm sure there's a lot of work involved in setting it up and moderating it.

MarkZ35
01-03-2009, 02:12 PM

At the very least, the rules for one could allow for general discussion and, like this thread, trade offers. Ideally I'd also like to the buying and selling of items, too. From a practical and useful standpoint, I think would prove to be the most popular part of such a forum.

I agree very much. It's better then getting ripped off on ebay for the games that we can't make it to to get the SGA's. Which are up the near the top of my favorite White Sox collectibles.

TheCommander
01-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Cool idea, but I'm sure there's a lot of work involved in setting it up and moderating it.

I agree very much. It's better then getting ripped off on ebay for the games that we can't make it to to get the SGA's. Which are up the near the top of my favorite White Sox collectibles.

I am very much in support of this too,though I seem to recall the idea being shot down in the past.

soxfan1983
01-03-2009, 04:41 PM

Great idea! Definitely wasn't my intentions to create a new forum, but heck why not?!

rhill72
01-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Got shot down a couple of years ago.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64643

mwc44
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
The camp also gave out Art Kusnyer

Yes it did... Kusnyer was the "premier issue" of the Fantasy Camp bobbleheads.

All of the bobbleheads given away at Chicago Fantasy Baseball Camp's White Sox Fantasy Camp can be seen at:

White Sox Fantasy Camp Bobbleheads (http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com/photo_gallery.htm)

BainesHOF
01-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Anyone have any idea how many of each Fantasy Camp bobblehead was produced?

soxfan1983
01-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes it did... Kusnyer was the "premier issue" of the Fantasy Camp bobbleheads.

All of the bobbleheads given away at Chicago Fantasy Baseball Camp's White Sox Fantasy Camp can be seen at:

White Sox Fantasy Camp Bobbleheads (http://chicagofantasybaseballcamp.com/photo_gallery.htm)

awesome link! thank you so much

MarkZ35
01-07-2009, 09:55 PM
If anyone is still interested in the bobbleheads I still have 2 extra Konerko bobble's from 2003 and an extra Ordonez in the Home pinstripes. PM if you need either and we'll see if you have any extra's that I can trade you for.

mwc44
01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone have any idea how many of each Fantasy Camp bobblehead was produced?

The production number for each Fantasy Camp bobblehead is 500 pieces.

awesome link! thank you so much

You're very welcome. The Camp 2009 bobblehead will be announced tonight and presented to the Coach who it is designed to honor. Each camper will receive his or her own tomorrow. Stay tuned for who it is and an eventual picture of the bobblehead. :D:

whitesox901
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
wow i was at that game and I have that action figure. If I remember right the Sox swept cleveland that weekend!

Yes we did, that was also the day Mark beaned Pronk in the face

Steelrod
01-26-2009, 06:05 PM
The production number for each Fantasy Camp bobblehead is 500 pieces.

You're very welcome. The Camp 2009 bobblehead will be announced tonight and presented to the Coach who it is designed to honor. Each camper will receive his or her own tomorrow. Stay tuned for who it is and an eventual picture of the bobblehead. :D:
Bobble was of bullpen catcher, Mark "Chief" Salas. Was the best likeness ever! Supercool hat!

BainesHOF
01-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Salas gets his own bobblehead, while Lee couldn't even get his name on the World Series monument. Is there no justice in this world?

mwc44
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Bobble was of bullpen catcher, Mark "Chief" Salas. Was the best likeness ever! Supercool hat!

It sure was... here it is... and "Chief" was speechless!

And before anyone starts whining about the bobblehead not being "PC," Mark refers to himself as "Chief," has been known by that name for years, and rarely responds when someone calls him "Mark" because he is so used to being called by his nickname. "Chief" is OK with him, so the tribute bobblehead was fashioned accordingly.

The picture of the bobblehead will be added to the CFBC website within the next few days.

Steelrod
01-31-2009, 08:34 AM
Harold Baines was not a camp produced bobble. I believe it was a season ticketholder gift.

soxfan1983
01-31-2009, 07:00 PM
does anyone have the 6/1/01 Frank Thomas or 8/21/04 Esteban Loaiza bobbleheads that they would sell? I just got the Hawk/DJ one on ebay for $26!!! I couldn't believe that I found it! I can't find the thomas or loaiza one anywhere. I was at Soxfest today and they had the fisk one for $15 and loaiza for $5 but ran out of the loaiza one - i was so mad!

mwc44
01-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Salas gets his own bobblehead, while Lee couldn't even get his name on the World Series monument. Is there no justice in this world?

CFBC didn't have input into the production of the World Series monument; they do on each years' "Tribute Bobblehead." :redneck

grenda12
02-07-2009, 04:57 PM
try gameuseduniverse.com

Hagan
02-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Mod edit: Please read the board rules. No selling of anything on this board.

BubblingCalderon
02-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I only have the Walker CFBC bobble. I would definitely be interested in purchasing any of the other CFBC bobbles

parlaycard
02-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Mod edit: This board is not to be used to buy and sell stuff.

grenda12
03-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Who do you think is going to be the SGA bobblehead this year?

chisoxfanatic
03-18-2009, 11:38 PM
If it weren't part of my ticket plan, I'd make sure I bought a ticket to the game if they were giving away BA bobbleheads. :cool:

Buehrle definitely deserves one.

DumpJerry
03-19-2009, 06:53 AM
If they do a bobblehead giveaway this year, I nominate Coop.

That way, people whose older bobbleheads have broken can get them fixed.

VenturaFan23
03-19-2009, 07:32 AM
My Paul Konerko's head fell off.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2259/2079119563_145d85603d.jpg?v=0
"Yeah, he was pretty old."

Sorry, couldn't resist. :redneck

beasly213
03-20-2009, 09:54 AM

I'm thinking it will be John Danks. Although I'd love a Buehrle or AJ one.

grenda12
03-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Id like to see a Quentin one. Ive got my AJ one that the season ticket holders received so Im happy about that.

Soxfan 78
04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I checked the promotional schedule and as of right now there is no SGA Bobble this year:whiner:
In regards to wanting a Quentin Bobble, Forever Collectibles has another wave of Big Heads for sale at the park this ear Quentin (2 diff ones) Ramirez, Pierzynski, Jenks, Guillen and Southpaw. I plan on buying all of them:bandance:

grenda12
04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Ya I seen there was no bobblehead-SGA on there. Maybe that will change.

BubblingCalderon
04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
I complained about the horrible promotions this season when they called to ask me why I didn't renew the Ozzie plan this year. I pointed out how I was getting more Giveaways at out of town Sox games (Cincinnati, Minnesota, and Toronto) than I could get if I attended every Sox home game this season. I'm sick of fireworks nights. I think they should cut down the amount of fireworks nights they do. It really sucks watching thoes displays after the Sox lose.

DSpivack
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I complained about the horrible promotions this season when they called to ask me why I didn't renew the Ozzie plan this year. I pointed out how I was getting more Giveaways at out of town Sox games (Cincinnati, Minnesota, and Toronto) than I could get if I attended every Sox home game this season. I'm sick of fireworks nights. I think they should cut down the amount of fireworks nights they do. It really sucks watching thoes displays after the Sox lose.

You didn't renew the plan because of the lack of promotions? :scratch:

BubblingCalderon
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I usually have my Girlfriend buy me the Ozzie plan for Christmas. Then in January when the promotions are announced I end up with like 10 fireworks nights and zero giveaways. Did i mention I'm burned out on fireworks nights. This year I decided I was gonna wait until the promotions were released and buy games based on what giveaways I wanted.
Then, when the promotional schedule was released, I was so disappointed with it I didn't renew my Ozzie plan.

I started thinking whats the point of being a season ticket holder. My tickets never got any closer, I can't take off work for the home opener, and I hate the Cubs Sox series. There really isn't any benefit to the Ozzie plan. Also since I'm already committed to 13 games it prevents me from going to games at the spur of the moment.

MarkZ35
04-03-2009, 12:37 AM

I couldn't agree more. I love the promotional games. Have you seen how many bobblehead days some teams have? In particular the Brewers. What happened to the wood baseball bats, the coolers, backpacks? I still go to a good amount of games but those giveaways were awesome. I can understand maybe not giving away the baseball bats for safety but it's not because of not being able to get companies to sponsor it. Other teams have no problem getting sponsors to cover it. If it's free ... It's for me. I don't mind the fireworks but that's all they have now. I'm happy with the 10 fireworks after they win.

soxfan21
04-03-2009, 06:42 AM
I usually have my Girlfriend buy me the Ozzie plan for Christmas. Then in January when the promotions are announced I end up with like 10 fireworks nights and zero giveaways. Did i mention I'm burned out on fireworks nights. This year I decided I was gonna wait until the promotions were released and buy games based on what giveaways I wanted.
Then, when the promotional schedule was released, I was so disappointed with it I didn't renew my Ozzie plan.

I started thinking whats the point of being a season ticket holder. My tickets never got any closer, I can't take off work for the home opener, and I hate the Cubs Sox series. There really isn't any benefit to the Ozzie plan. Also since I'm already committed to 13 games it prevents me from going to games at the spur of the moment.

Some of us buy season tickets because we love the sox and love watching white sox baseball live. I am dissapointed in some of the promotions this year as well, but I'm not going to cancel my season ticket plan over it, and I'm sure many other season ticket holdiers feel the same way.

BubblingCalderon
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah here's the list of the amount of bobble heads other teams are giving away.

Angels 2
Astros 4
A's 2
Blue Jays 2 (including one when the Sox are in Toronto)
Braves 0 (they do have 4 hat giveaways)
Brewers 6
Cardinals 3
Cubs 4
D Backs 4
Dodgers 3
Giants 3
Indians 9
Mariners 5
Marlins 1
Mets 1
Nationals 2
Orioles 1
Padres 0 (they have plenty of other giveaways)
Phillies 2
Pirates 3
Rangers 1
Rays 4
Red Sox 0
Reds 4
Rockies 0 (they have plenty of other giveaways)
Royals 0 (They do have 4 figurine giveaways as well as plenty of other ones)
Tigers 2 (Including one when the sox are in Detroit)
Twins 2
White Sox O
Yankees O (they have plenty of other giveaways)

jabrch
04-03-2009, 02:00 PM
I'll never stop being amazed at the complete crap that some people find to complain about.

doublem23
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I'll never stop being amazed at the complete crap that some people find to complain about.

I still have some of the promo things I've gotten over the years; an actual wooden bat from bat day, a Magglio Ordonez bobblehead, a pennant... Stuff I kind of cherish as souvenirs of my fanhood. It wouldn't stop me from going to games (I still like the fireworks), but yes, the White Sox promo schedule is absolutely ****ing terrible. They should be ashamed.

beasly213
04-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Ditto on that one. I get wanting cool promotions but not going to the games because of the lack of them??? :scratch:

jabrch
04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
I still have some of the promo things I've gotten over the years; an actual wooden bat from bat day, a Magglio Ordonez bobblehead, a pennant... Stuff I kind of cherish as souvenirs of my fanhood. It wouldn't stop me from going to games (I still like the fireworks), but yes, the White Sox promo schedule is absolutely ****ing terrible. They should be ashamed.

So the question, I guess, is why? What's different this year? Are they not able to find the same sponsorship for the promotional giveaways? Did they do a worse job selling those opportunities? Did ownership decide they could profit by millions of dollars by not giving away cheap crap they import from China for nothing? I have no idea.

But to your point in the other thread, I wouldn't want to watch Danks, FLoyd and CQ leaving and us being saddled with inferior talent because we spent more money on promotional stuff. And I damn sure wouldn't change my attendance pattern based on it.

But in any case - this might be an approriate time to email Brooks. I wonder what the Sox explanation would be about what you guys characterize as a terrible promotion schedule. (me personally - I don't even look at the promotional schedule - it has no impact on me.

doublem23
04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
So the question, I guess, is why? What's different this year? Are they not able to find the same sponsorship for the promotional giveaways? Did they do a worse job selling those opportunities? Did ownership decide they could profit by millions of dollars by not giving away cheap crap they import from China for nothing? I have no idea.

I've noticed the Sox's promos consistently getting ****tier and ****tier each year, but this one takes the cake.

jabrch
04-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I've noticed the Sox's promos consistently getting ****tier and ****tier each year, but this one takes the cake.

Ask Brooks

Whappeh
04-03-2009, 03:53 PM
I want a Hawk Harrelson bobblehead. :o:

BubblingCalderon
04-03-2009, 04:03 PM
The Sox have 15 fireworks nights this season. It costs thousands of dollars to put on these displays. All the money comes from sponsors, the sox don't spend a dime. This money could easily be spent on bobbleheads. I'm arguing that as a season ticket holder you can't possibly enjoy watching 15 fireworks displays every season. Especially since nearly half of the displays come after your team just got beat. Yay lets celebrate the 12 run spanking the Red Sox just gave us.

The money is there anyways, rather than watching the same display over and over again why not get something you can enjoy for years to come.

I'm not saying remove all the displays but 15 is a little excessive especially if you get a weekend season ticket package.

Just replace a couple fireworks nights with bobblehead nights.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't look forward to any of these?

1) Robin Ventura next to or holding a stack of gold gloves.

2) Alexei Ramirez with his arms out watching the slam he just hit.

3) Bo Jackson riding a motorcycle (like the one he ride out to give Fisk)

4) Harold Baines (anything)

5) Ed Farmer (pitching in the pajama uni's)

6) Bill Veeck

7) Steve Dahl in army camo since this is the 30th anniversary of disco demolition

8) Ivan Calderon with his Jerry Curl and Gold chains (ha ha I had to add that)

9) Steve Lyons with his pants down after stealing second

10) Jack Parkman (The Indians are doing a Rick Vaughn so one why not)

11) Jack Mac Dowell (With early 90s Mullet)

12) Mark Buhrle

13) TCQ

14) Jenks (maybe make it a double with Ozzie holding his arms out calling for the big one)

15) Dick Allen (70s red pinstripes make 5000 random ones powder blue uniform)

The examples I gave have already been done elsewhere so they wouldn't be impossible.

jabrch
04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm arguing that as a season ticket holder you can't possibly enjoy watching 15 fireworks displays every season.

I love fireworks - because while the park remains 2/3 full to watch the show, I get half way home.

MarkZ35
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Anybody know Brooks e-mail off hand?

esbrechtel
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
isn't it brooksboyer@whitesox.com?

grenda12
04-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm trying to collect all the Stadium Giveaway Bobbleheads for the White Sox. I've found some sites that claim they have a list of all the bobbleheads for all teams etc. I was wondering if anyone had a list of all the bobbleheads given away for the White Sox. This is the list I've found but I was wondering if Nellie Fox in 2004 was a SGA? Thanks in advance...

Who were the sponsors for the SGAs?

BubblingCalderon
04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Most of them were Pepsi. The Hawk DJ one was Fox Sports Chicago. That 2nd Hawk one never happend.

Soxfan 78
04-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Konerko was sonsored by Aquafina, Guillen was sponsored by DHL, THome was sponsored by Pepsi as was Swisher. One of theMinoso SGA's was sponsored by Clark and the other is Pepsi.

grenda12
06-16-2009, 11:11 AM
What do the two Magglio Ordoņez SGA bobble's look like? Anyone have pictures of what they look like.

I come across a bunch of the SGA bobbleheads that I got a great deal on, anyway the collection I got, had one Ordoņez in it. Im looking at obtaining the other one just not 100% sure which one it is. I want to get the correct one that was the SGA.

MarkZ35
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
What do the two Magglio Ordoņez SGA bobble's look like? Anyone have pictures of what they look like.

I come across a bunch of the SGA bobbleheads that I got a great deal on, anyway the collection I got, had one Ordoņez in it. Im looking at obtaining the other one just not 100% sure which one it is. I want to get the correct one that was the SGA.
I believe they are both sponsored by Pepsi but one of them is the gray away jersey and the other is home pinstripes.

grenda12
06-16-2009, 05:29 PM
For the one that is gray where is the Pepsi logo located. Is it in the front like the white one or in the back.

parlaycard
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/debra1711/141228485.jpg (http://img.inkfrog.com/showimages.php?uid=debra1711&images=141228485.jpg,141228489.jpg,141228502.jpg&image=141228485.jpg) this is the SGA

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/1/6/1/5/8/webimg/276016045_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/1/6/1/5/8/webimg/276016013_o.jpg

this is the Pepsi redemption one. There were also Fisk and Minnie Minoso redemption bobbleheads in the same promotion. They also have the Pepsi logo on the back of the base.

soxfan1983
12-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Does anyone have the 8/21/04 Esteban Loaiza bobblehead? Willing to sell?

parlaycard
12-07-2010, 11:58 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Esteban-Loaiza-White-Baseball-Bobblehead/dp/B001J0ZG4K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291744612&sr=8-4

MarkZ35
12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Watch ebay. You can get that one as cheap as about 15 or 20 with shipping

Fox-To-Aparicio
12-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I have every giveaway bobblehead both SGA and Fantasy Camp save one. I only need the "Kave" Fantasy Camp bobblehead.

NAyone wants to trade for one let me know.

gsurwillo@msn.com

Thanks,

GS

MARTINMVP
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
The Sox have 15 fireworks nights this season. It costs thousands of dollars to put on these displays. All the money comes from sponsors, the sox don't spend a dime. This money could easily be spent on bobbleheads. I'm arguing that as a season ticket holder you can't possibly enjoy watching 15 fireworks displays every season. Especially since nearly half of the displays come after your team just got beat. Yay lets celebrate the 12 run spanking the Red Sox just gave us.

The money is there anyways, rather than watching the same display over and over again why not get something you can enjoy for years to come.

I'm not saying remove all the displays but 15 is a little excessive especially if you get a weekend season ticket package.

Just replace a couple fireworks nights with bobblehead nights.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't look forward to any of these?

1) Robin Ventura next to or holding a stack of gold gloves.

2) Alexei Ramirez with his arms out watching the slam he just hit.

3) Bo Jackson riding a motorcycle (like the one he ride out to give Fisk)

4) Harold Baines (anything)

5) Ed Farmer (pitching in the pajama uni's)

6) Bill Veeck

7) Steve Dahl in army camo since this is the 30th anniversary of disco demolition

8) Ivan Calderon with his Jerry Curl and Gold chains (ha ha I had to add that)

9) Steve Lyons with his pants down after stealing second

10) Jack Parkman (The Indians are doing a Rick Vaughn so one why not)

11) Jack Mac Dowell (With early 90s Mullet)

12) Mark Buhrle

13) TCQ

14) Jenks (maybe make it a double with Ozzie holding his arms out calling for the big one)

15) Dick Allen (70s red pinstripes make 5000 random ones powder blue uniform)

The examples I gave have already been done elsewhere so they wouldn't be impossible.

I would guess that fireworks are more of a single game attraction - get the interest of the casual family or group of people who will go to the game because of the fireworks. The season ticket holder is assumed to be a more serious fan, or at least, is purchasing for business purposes. I highly doubt that the majority of season ticket holders made the decision to make that kind of investment based on the number of fireworks or bobblehead giveaways.

ewokpelts
12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I would guess that fireworks are more of a single game attraction - get the interest of the casual family or group of people who will go to the game because of the fireworks. The season ticket holder is assumed to be a more serious fan, or at least, is purchasing for business purposes. I highly doubt that the majority of season ticket holders made the decision to make that kind of investment based on the number of fireworks or bobblehead giveaways.
saturday night fireworks nights are some of the best attended games of the year. yes, they have sponsors, but bobblehead(or other giveaway games) require more day of game workers to distribute the items. and fireworks displays only require overtime from the pyro team and the dj.

russ99
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Besides, fireworks are for everyone and bobbleheads are only for the 10,000 people who show up at 10AM. I barely got the Frank Thomas one, there were 20 or so left at my gate at 11:30.

I wouldn't mind more lesser promotions like hats, t-shirts or pins since they're less expensive to make and more fans get end up getting them.

ewokpelts
12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Besides, fireworks are for everyone and bobbleheads are only for the 10,000 people who show up at 10AM. I barely got the Frank Thomas one, there were 20 or so left at my gate at 11:30.

I wouldn't mind more lesser promotions like hats, t-shirts or pins since they're less expensive to make and more fans get end up getting them.sox announced on frank day that more bobbleheads were coming in april/may 2011.

soxfan1983
11-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I saw this on another message board site - http://bobbleheaddolls51565.yuku.com/topic/8476#.UiSlAcu9KK0

Does anyone here actually have the Camelback Ozzie Guillen bobblehead? Apparently it was given out to skybox owners in the inaugural season at Camelback. MODS - I'm strictly looking for confirmation that it exists as I cannot find any reference to it online anywhere else.

BubblingCalderon
11-10-2013, 01:45 PM
It technically exists. Its essentially the same Ozzie Bobblehead that was given out in Chicago The difference is the base in the Chicago SGA says DHL the camelback one either says camelback or simply has no base add.

I know its the same bobblehead but I cant remember whats on the base. I know the Sox gave out a limited number of guillen bobbleheads for a hispanic heritage group that had no base add.

BubblingCalderon
11-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Sorry, I just looked at your link That guillen bobble in the photo 2nd from the left is the camel back bobblehead. That little logo is for camel back ranch

soxfan1983
11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
It technically exists. Its essentially the same Ozzie Bobblehead that was given out in Chicago The difference is the base in the Chicago SGA says DHL the camelback one either says camelback or simply has no base add.

I know its the same bobblehead but I cant remember whats on the base. I know the Sox gave out a limited number of guillen bobbleheads for a hispanic heritage group that had no base add.

Mod Edit: Since you said you were "strictly looking for confirmation that it exists", the above poster answered your question.