PDA

View Full Version : The Body says OK

Daver
05-22-2002, 05:10 PM
To the stadium financing plan for the Twins. (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0522/1385637.html)

Nellie_Fox
05-23-2002, 01:37 AM
What "The Body" says doesn't matter Daver. I'm telling you, it's not going to happen. The Twins say they want more, and they're not at all sure they're willing to front the $120 million that this plan calls for. They don't want a low interest loan with them providing the down payment, they want the taxpayers to build the park for them.

In addition, the voters of St. Paul have to approve a 3% sales tax on food and drink in restaurants and taverns, and they've already resoundingly defeated a similar referendum a couple of years ago.

moochpuppy
05-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
they want the taxpayers to build the park for them.

I better clear some time on my schedule. I hope I don't have to work on the plumbing.

Well, if the St. Paul taxpayers shoot it down again then maybe the Gov is right about them being a bunch of drunken Irishmen. :gulp:

Garrison
05-23-2002, 03:58 PM
If you're not going to be around next year.....why do you need a new stadium? Waste of money if you ask me. They ice fish (drink :gulp: ) too much up in the way far nort.

moochpuppy
05-24-2002, 09:38 AM
I still have yet to have seen an ice fish since moving up here. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
05-25-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
I still have yet to have seen an ice fish since moving up here. :smile: But have you figured out what a "hotdish" is? Hint: it's not a woman.