PDA

View Full Version : Sring Training Hotels

manders_01
12-27-2008, 12:34 PM
With the new location comes a new hotel (kinda sucks too cause I had a regular hotel in Tucson). Anyways, there are several hotels listed on the Sox website but thought maybe someone(s) might have some insight to better hotels, hotels others will be staying, etc. I checked the Wigwam already (I'm thinking about a spa vacation this spring and thought I might be able to tie them together) but it's booked the weekend I'm planning on coming. Any thoughts? Where's everyone else staying for the weekend of the 21st - 22nd?

BTW - MarySwiss has mentioned trying to get a WSI gathering together that weekend (possibly including tailgating). Who's interested? And where are you staying? :D:

MODS - Can you please change the title so "spring" is spelled correctly? I want people to actually know what I'm asking. I'm a dork and can't spell. :dunce:

MarySwiss
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
With the new location comes a new hotel (kinda sucks too cause I had a regular hotel in Tucson). Anyways, there are several hotels listed on the Sox website but thought maybe someone(s) might have some insight to better hotels, hotels others will be staying, etc. I checked the Wigwam already (I'm thinking about a spa vacation this spring and thought I might be able to tie them together) but it's booked the weekend I'm planning on coming. Any thoughts? Where's everyone else staying for the weekend of the 21st - 22nd?

BTW - MarySwiss has mentioned trying to get a WSI gathering together that weekend (possibly including tailgating). Who's interested? And where are you staying? :D:

MODS - Can you please change the title so "spring" is spelled correctly? I want people to actually know what I'm asking. I'm a dork and can't spell. :dunce:

Manders, I can't help much firsthand about hotels because I'm way over on the other side of the Valley, but I'll check with some folks at work and see what I can find out. Also, the Arizona posters I know of here who are from these parts (Metro Phoenix) are also East Valley, although they might have some ideas about Glendale. Actually, you probably could stay anywhere along I-10 and have decent access to Glendale.

I am planning to score some tickets for the Cubs game that weekend (lawn, of course), so at least we should be able to run into each other. We can see what kind of response we get about the tailgate idea.

Jpgr91
12-28-2008, 12:07 AM

Do not necisarily tie the hotel choice to the spa choice. Most of the best spa's are in high end resorts, but these spa's do take outside clients. It is cost effective to stay at a different hotel where you utilize the spa. The spa at the Arizona Biltmore is supposed to be excelent, but the rooms will run $300+. I would check out yelp and see what other say about the spa's in the area. Once you pick the spa, then look for the hotel in the area.

I am staying at the Embassy Suites Phoenix - Biltmore. Its 20 something miles from the stadium. Free Breakfast. Free Managers Hour (happy hour with free booze). I managed to get an excelent rate as I work for that particular hotel company.

SOXfnNlansing
12-28-2008, 07:03 PM
We're going March 21-28th. I'd be up for meeting people out there. We have a place to stay in Suprise FOR FREE:bandance:

Skarpachi
01-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I'll be there from 3/23-3/26. Booked the airfare today and got tickets to the 3/25 game. Now I just need to book the hotel. Any other suggestions as to where to stay around there?

manders_01
01-23-2009, 12:11 AM
I'll be there from 3/23-3/26. Booked the airfare today and got tickets to the 3/25 game. Now I just need to book the hotel. Any other suggestions as to where to stay around there?

I made reservations at the Courtyard near the ballpark. The reviews were very good and it appears to be a new hotel (although a bit pricey). It sounds like there's plenty to do around it and the hotel bar even seems to be a happening place.

Skarpachi
01-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I made reservations at the Courtyard near the ballpark. The reviews were very good and it appears to be a new hotel (although a bit pricey). It sounds like there's plenty to do around it and the hotel bar even seems to be a happening place.

I actually booked a room at the same hotel. Looks nice, solid reviews and the price was reasonable compared to similar hotels in the area. Can't wait!

JohnTucker0814
01-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I'll be down there March 3rd - 7th. They are in Vegas most of that time, but I'm going to catch the game vs. WBC Australia on Friday. I'm staying at the Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale, going to be doing a lot of golfing!

Sockinchisox
01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm gonna be there Mar. 15th-18th, our travel agent set us up at some Holiday Inn that is supposed to be close to the park.

SOXfnNlansing
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Just thought I'd update some lodging info here. We are staying in Suprise at a Phoenix Vacation rental condo. We were going to stay the week with friends, but decided it would be nice to have some independence and privacy. We checked a lot of places, and this one is really nice and not expensive. The person we talked to (Jackie) said they have a few more condos available. Thought I'd pass on info to perhaps help someone here find reasonable accommodations and only be 20 minutes to the park.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Suprise&1s=AZ&1a=12129+West+Bell+Road+&1z=85374&2c=Glendale&2s=AZ&2a=10710+West+Camelback+Rd&2z=85037

http://lodgeatsunridge.com/rates.htm