PDA

View Full Version : Another MLB Sale...

jabrch
12-26-2008, 11:06 AM
All clearance items - buy one - get one FREE.

nug0hs
12-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Nice, some of the styles arent too cool but that is still a good deal!

Edit: NHL.com shop is also having a similar deal...up to 60% off most clearance items
http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3233107

jabrch
12-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a bad feeling that retail numbers are going to be even uglier than we thought...

nug0hs
12-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a bad feeling that retail numbers are going to be even uglier than we thought...

I am single-handedly reviving the economy today, spend spend spend!

jabrch
12-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I am single-handedly reviving the economy today, spend spend spend!

Times are good in the hood, huh? I always tell people I grew up on the South Side (of Northbrook)

nug0hs
12-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Times are good in the hood, huh? I always tell people I grew up on the South Side (of Northbrook)

Oh yeah, good ole NBK. Be careful on that south side, crossing Willow Rd. can be dangerous!

jabrch
12-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Oh yeah, good ole NBK. Be careful on that south side, crossing Willow Rd. can be dangerous!

Trust me - I know... Lived there - done that. I was walking distance from Plaza del Parado. Much tougher there than hanging out at the Village Green. :-)

areilly
12-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I must say, those are some hideous designs.

Great deal, but awful selection.

I want Mags back
12-26-2008, 03:57 PM
ooh, i could use some new flip flops for the spring. Problem will be picking a 2nd item.

EDIT: damn. only in extra small

Bucky F. Dent
12-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Plenty of copies of the 2007 wall calendar left.

ChiSoxGirl
12-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Meh... shop.mlb.com can bite me. :mad: I ordered a player tee on December 1 and the damn thing STILL hasn't shipped! I ended up finding the t-shirt at Grandstand a couple weeks ago and called shop.mlb.com to cancel (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2121080&postcount=8) my order. After speaking with a supervisor, he told me that since the order hadn't shipped yet, it'd be cancelled.

Tuesday night, I got an e-mail from them, saying there has been a delay in my order and they apologize, since it might be impacting a special Christmas gift. I called on Christmas Eve and spoke to another supervisor, who told me a cancellation wasn't guaranteed! :?: I told him that I don't need or want the t-shirt anymore, since I found it at a local store for $10 less than they were going to charge me, and I refuse to pay for something I don't need. He said the best that can be done is if they end up shipping the item to me, he can request a return label also be sent so I can send the t-shirt back to them. I still may end up getting my way, but what a nightmarish process!

On Christmas Eve, literally right after I hung up from the supervisor at shop.mlb.com, I got a FedEx bubble envelope from them. Inside was this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2446457&cp=1452347.1452703.1503503) complimentary t-shirt! Sure, it's on clearance, but it's $13 I didn't have to spend!

/end mini-:hijacked:

Brian26
12-26-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd say getting that '67 Aparicio jersey and the Nellie Fox road jersey for $200 total would be a hell of a deal. Looks like the Fox jersey only has size 44 left though.

btrain929
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I'd say getting that '67 Aparicio jersey and the Nellie Fox road jersey for $200 total would be a hell of a deal. Looks like the Fox jersey only has size 44 left though.

That, that is by far the best deal, getting those 2 jerseys for a little more than $200. You have to be a small individual, though, for those sizes.

gr8mexico
12-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Hey guys use this coupon code TY2008 and get an extra 15% off.

WhiteSoxFan84
12-26-2008, 11:52 PM

it could be the economy... or it could be the fugly designs.
they should shoot the people that designed most of that crap.
public executions need to be brought back!

nasox
12-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Trust me - I know... Lived there - done that. I was walking distance from Plaza del Parado. Much tougher there than hanging out at the Village Green. :-)

****, I can vouch for that. I grew up off of Pfingsten (Westfield Lane). I used to hear gunshots all the time from Snowbird.

jabrch
12-27-2008, 11:08 AM
****, I can vouch for that. I grew up off of Pfingsten (Westfield Lane). I used to hear gunshots all the time from Snowbird.

Me and my crew used to hang at the Chick N Rib Joint. That was some tuff turf. :-)

manders_01
12-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Son of a bitch! Had a just scrolled down a little more before I made my purchase, I coulda saved a little more! :cuss:

Oh well - I managed to get a new hoodie and cap out of that deal so all was not lost.

jabrch
12-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Son of a bitch! Had a just scrolled down a little more before I made my purchase, I coulda saved a little more! :cuss:

Oh well - I managed to get a new hoodie and cap out of that deal so all was not lost.

Since it probably hasn't shipped yet, you should be able to cancel the order and resubmit.

manders_01
12-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Since it probably hasn't shipped yet, you should be able to cancel the order and resubmit.

Yeah, I thought about that but since it was 6 bucks, I figured I'd just cough it up as a contribution to the man. :D:

gr8mexico
12-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I thought about that but since it was 6 bucks, I figured I'd just cough it up as a contribution to the man. :D:
But for 6 bucks you could of gotten all the Christmas stuff they had for dirt cheap

WhiteSoxFan84
12-31-2008, 03:59 PM

Dude, I used that promo code thinking it wouldn't work since you usually can't combine sales, but guess what? I got 15% off and I only paid 15% of what the "free item" would've cost. It might be a glitch but my order has been confirmed.

So if you wanted to buy two items worth $50 each, you'd pay $50 for the first item, $7.50 for the second item, and then get 15% off of both items. So before shipping and taxes, you'd pay $48.89 (15% off of $57.50). That's a bit better than just the buy one, get one.

I just bought this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3148679&clickid=cart), this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2286612&clickid=cart) (for my nephew), this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2209004&clickid=cart) (for my nephew), and another hoodie (description was RBK CWS CLUTCH FLEECE HOODY BLAC, it's the black one with the gray shoulder stripes - they might've sold out because right after I bought it the link to it stopped working) for under $56.76 TOTAL!

EDIT: Nevermind. I just got the e-mail confirmation and it combined both sales. So I got the buy one, get one and I got 15% off of the 2 pieces I actually paid for. The hoodies were $39.97 each and the baby stuff was $9.97 each, originally. I ended up paying $42.44 for all 4 items (32.97 + 8.47 + 0 + 0), $10.98 for shipping, and tax was $3.34.

Scottiehaswheels
12-31-2008, 04:55 PM
I got a whole bunch of baby stuff for hopefully in the future.....

Foulke You
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Meh... shop.mlb.com can bite me. :mad: I ordered a player tee on December 1 and the damn thing STILL hasn't shipped! I ended up finding the t-shirt at Grandstand a couple weeks ago and called shop.mlb.com to cancel (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2121080&postcount=8) my order. After speaking with a supervisor, he told me that since the order hadn't shipped yet, it'd be cancelled.

Tuesday night, I got an e-mail from them, saying there has been a delay in my order and they apologize, since it might be impacting a special Christmas gift. I called on Christmas Eve and spoke to another supervisor, who told me a cancellation wasn't guaranteed! :?: I told him that I don't need or want the t-shirt anymore, since I found it at a local store for $10 less than they were going to charge me, and I refuse to pay for something I don't need. He said the best that can be done is if they end up shipping the item to me, he can request a return label also be sent so I can send the t-shirt back to them. I still may end up getting my way, but what a nightmarish process!

On Christmas Eve, literally right after I hung up from the supervisor at shop.mlb.com, I got a FedEx bubble envelope from them. Inside was this (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2446457&cp=1452347.1452703.1503503) complimentary t-shirt! Sure, it's on clearance, but it's $13 I didn't have to spend!

/end mini-:hijacked:

I'm right with you ChiSoxGirl. I am done with mlb.com orders. I ordered a Carlos Quentin jersey T-shirt in April and I didn't get the thing until the end of August! After several calls to find out what happened with my order, all they were willing to do was refund my shipping charge.

ChiSoxGirl
12-31-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm right with you ChiSoxGirl. I am done with mlb.com orders. I ordered a Carlos Quentin jersey T-shirt in April and I didn't get the thing until the end of August! After several calls to find out what happened with my order, all they were willing to do was refund my shipping charge.

Oh, it's gonna be on if that's all they're willing to do for me! I refuse to have my credit card charged for almost $30 for an Alexei Ramirez player tee. And to think, $30 was AFTER the 25% off sale they were offering on Cyber Monday when I bought it! Bite me, shop.mlb.com! :mad:

DSpivack
12-31-2008, 07:59 PM

Oh, it's gonna be on if that's all they're willing to do for me! I refuse to have my credit card charged for almost $30 for an Alexei Ramirez player tee. And to think, $30 was AFTER the 25% off sale they were offering on Cyber Monday when I bought it! Bite me, shop.mlb.com! :mad:

My sister just gave me an MLB.com gift certificate. I guess I'll have to use it.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-01-2009, 04:58 AM
My sister just gave me an MLB.com gift certificate. I guess I'll have to use it.

It sucks to hear some of the bad experiences others have had with MLBshop.com, but I am simply amazed by them. On the night of Saturday December 20th, I purchased a jacket and a cap for my cousin's birthday and I selected regular/ground shipping since his birthday wasn't until today (1/1). I came home from work on Monday December 22nd and saw a huge box waiting for me from MLBshop.com. It was the jacket and the cap I ordered less than 2 days prior.

DSpivack
01-01-2009, 09:08 PM
So I just went to their website, was gonna order a jersey, they're temporarily out of stock of the plain, customizable ones. :?:

ChiSoxGirl
01-01-2009, 11:17 PM
So I just went to their website, was gonna order a jersey, they're temporarily out of stock of the plain, customizable ones. :?:

This has "disaster" written all over it. As I said, I ordered a custom player tee exactly one month ago, and the status of my supposedly cancelled order still reads, "Item Located in Warehouse." If you order your jersey now, you might receive it by Opening Day. :rolleyes:

DSpivack
01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
This has "disaster" written all over it. As I said, I ordered a custom player tee exactly one month ago, and the status of my supposedly cancelled order still reads, "Item Located in Warehouse." If you order your jersey now, you might receive it by Opening Day. :rolleyes:

Yay!

dickallen15
01-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I bought a couple items on sale for my nephew in the middle of November. When I purchased them they said the items would ship in 1-2 business days. I received the email that the items were located, and then nothing for 3 weeks. I called and wound up talking to a supervisor who blamed everything on Majestic. They gave me 10% off and free "expidited" shipping and said I should have my items in a week. I get an email a few days later saying I will have them by the end of the week. Saturday rolls around and I get another email saying it now appears I will not have my items before the holidays. I called and got 50% off and free "expidited" shipping. Thankfully, I wasn't going to exchange gifts with my sister and her family until the middle of January anyway.

I asked Sharon, maybe the rudest supervisor I have ever spoken to what expidited shipping meant. She wouldn't answer. Finally she said it was either overnight or 3 day shipping. When I said that meant it was 3 day shipping she exploded and said I was making assumptions and that she put the credit through and hung up the phone. (I actually was very calm on the phone because this entire experience was such a joke.) I finally received my items the day after Christmas shipped regularly, not expidited, and then I received an email saying they gave me a 10% and free shipping credit, so I had to call again and wait on hold for 41 minutes. I eventually got the entire amount credited back. I've never thought I paid more for merchandise that wound up costing no money in my life. I will never use them again.

ChiSoxGirl
01-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I bought a couple items on sale for my nephew in the middle of November. When I purchased them they said the items would ship in 1-2 business days. I received the email that the items were located, and then nothing for 3 weeks. I called and wound up talking to a supervisor who blamed everything on Majestic. They gave me 10% off and free "expidited" shipping and said I should have my items in a week. I get an email a few days later saying I will have them by the end of the week. Saturday rolls around and I get another email saying it now appears I will not have my items before the holidays. I called and got 50% off and free "expidited" shipping. Thankfully, I wasn't going to exchange gifts with my sister and her family until the middle of January anyway.

I asked Sharon, maybe the rudest supervisor I have ever spoken to what expidited shipping meant. She wouldn't answer. Finally she said it was either overnight or 3 day shipping. When I said that meant it was 3 day shipping she exploded and said I was making assumptions and that she put the credit through and hung up the phone. (I actually was very calm on the phone because this entire experience was such a joke.) I finally received my items the day after Christmas shipped regularly, not expidited, and then I received an email saying they gave me a 10% and free shipping credit, so I had to call again and wait on hold for 41 minutes. I eventually got the entire amount credited back. I've never thought I paid more for merchandise that wound up costing no money in my life. I will never use them again.

:mg: Yikes! I don't blame you for never wanting to use them again; I'm feeling the same way. It's interesting to read how many people have had similar issues with shop.mlb.com. I take a little bit of comfort knowing that I'm not the only one who has had a problem with them, but it still makes me insane to know that my the player tee I ordered on December 1 has been "located in the warehouse." :rolleyes:

whitesoxwilkes
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I will take MLB.com over the surliness and high prices at Grandstand any day.

gr8mexico
01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Well I placed my order on Dec 27 and today I received my order.
Not bad at all

Dick Allen
01-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I've never had a problem with ordering from mlb.com. Maybe it just has something to do with the type of item being ordered, I don't know.

Jurr
01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? I remember when I used to go to Grandstand way back in the day, everybody was so friendly and excited to see customers walk in the door. I went there 2 times in '06, once in '07, and 3 times in '08, and they were absolute jackasses to every customer!

I don't think I'm going back. If success as a business makes you that jaded, you need to get out of business!

soxpride724
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM

I agree, Grandstand can be expensive. Great place and I love the people that work there, just a little pricey on certain items.

As far as MLB.com goes, I have ordered many items from them and have received them all in a timely manner (usually about a week). The only discrepency I have had with them, was when the stars and stripes caps came out, I ordered one and waited like six weeks before it finaly called them and was told that they were still on backorder, at which point I just canceled the order.

Chisoxgirl can't you call and just cancel it? That's what they let me do with my items. Basically they told me that as long as the items didn't ship yet, that I could cancel.

DSpivack
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
Just ordered a t-shirt. Here's hoping I don't have any problems.