PDA

View Full Version : "The Fraud" Just Can't Take a Hint

RKMeibalane
12-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3793001)

chisox616
12-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I will always remember him not for his home runs, but for being no-hit, walked, and promptly picked off by Mark Buerhle. Bastard broke up a perfect game.

btrain929
12-25-2008, 10:46 PM
I will always remember him not for his home runs, but for being no-hit, walked, and promptly picked off by Mark Buerhle. Bastard broke up a perfect game.

And I remember being at the game before, when Sosa hit a HR, and this guy next to me in a Sox hat cheering his ass off. I wanted to chuck him off the UD...

RadioheadRocks
12-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Funny how an interpreter apparently wasn't needed for his quotes. :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
12-25-2008, 10:50 PM
I'll always remember him for being plunked in the head with a helmet-shattering pitch and for the infamous cork incidence, not his home runs*.

DSpivack
12-25-2008, 11:29 PM
I'll always remember him for being plunked in the head with a helmet-shattering pitch and for the infamous cork incidence, not his home runs*.

:barney&sham:corker

WhiteSoxFan84
12-25-2008, 11:30 PM

I believe the pitcher that threw that helmet-shattering pitch was the recent retiree Salomon Torres.

btrain929
12-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I believe the pitcher that threw that helmet-shattering pitch was the recent retiree Salomon Torres.

I don't blame him. How can you top THAT?

WhiteSoxFan84
12-25-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't blame him. How can you top THAT?

The corked bat game was pretty awesome too.
And then the press conference afterwards, man, that was fun. The Cubs PR was really working hard during the game to come up with a good excuse and I must admit, they did good.

That being said... I liked the guy. Baseball (not just the Cubs) used him and he has to take the blame for it along w/ Marky Mark McGwire? Yes, they were the players that benefitted from it the most, but the owners, Bud Selig, and baseball were the biggest benefactors. How come they get no blame for it? And if they do get it, it's not nearly enough.

Then again.. maybe I like the guy because his autograph was the first real "cool" autograph I ever got. I was like 14 or 15 so it was pretty awesome. You know who didn't give me an autograph at the age of 14 or 15? Jim Thome. I'll never forget him coming out of the parking lot and how he looked, saw like 5 other kids next to me asking him for his autograph and his car just drove off. I'll never let that go! But I got Mike Caruso, Mike Cameron, and some backup catcher we had back in the late 90's to sign a baseball for me. Cameron was the best, he walked up BEHIND us, no one recognized him. Somehow I did. He seemed kinda pissed at first when nobody was approaching him for an autograph.

btrain929
12-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Then again.. maybe I like the guy because his autograph was the first real "cool" autograph I ever got. I was like 14 or 15 so it was pretty awesome. You know who didn't give me an autograph at the age of 14 or 15? Jim Thome. I'll never forget him coming out of the parking lot and how he looked, saw like 5 other kids next to me asking him for his autograph and his car just drove off. I'll never let that go! But I got Mike Caruso, Mike Cameron, and some backup catcher we had back in the late 90's to sign a baseball for me. Cameron was the best, he walked up BEHIND us, no one recognized him. Somehow I did. He seemed kinda pissed at first when nobody was approaching him for an autograph.

Hahaha, I know how that goes. Carlos Quentin did that to me at Spring Training this past spring. Not a good feeling. Danks was a Class Act when I ran into him this year by the players' parking lot. He was heading into the stadium, didn't have to sign, etc. But he came over (had to walk AWAY from the stadium to where I was at) and signed a card for me. Some of those little things are things you'll never forget....

WhiteSoxFan84
12-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Hahaha, I know how that goes. Carlos Quentin did that to me at Spring Training this past spring. Not a good feeling. Danks was a Class Act when I ran into him this year by the players' parking lot. He was heading into the stadium, didn't have to sign, etc. But he came over (had to walk AWAY from the stadium to where I was at) and signed a card for me. Some of those little things are things you'll never forget....

We will never forget! But for every bad story, there is a good one a vice versa. My best one, I'll give you too actually (you're special!), 1 was another former Cub, Oh! Henry Rodriguez got out of his car IN THE RAIN and signed 3 autographs for us while his wife waited for him in the car. The man! And the best Sox story I have, Rocky frickin Biddle. I probably have told this one before; before a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley, he was sitting near the bullpen and I asked him for his autograph. He signed some poster for me and then we started talking about how he felt and what not. He said he was a bit pumped because he was matched up against Olympic hero Ben Sheets the next series in Milwaukee. I remember telling him, "You're going to do great! Don't worry about a thing man!" We unfortunately lost that game he pitched in but I remember he actually did very well (6 IP and 3 ER if I remember correctly). I'm almost positive he thought about me during the game! :giverose:

StillMissOzzie
12-26-2008, 01:01 AM
I am sure that Sosa and Bonds are working together on their "MLB doesn't want us so it must be a conspiracy" lawsuit even as I type this.

SMO
:rolleyes:

jabrch
12-26-2008, 07:48 AM
I can't imagine any team wants a piece of him.

DumpJerry
12-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Hmmm.....Sosa and Toby Hall are both free agents together. Maybe someone should sign the two of them together.......

SoxandtheCityTee
12-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I love that "Entertain me" photo. I've always imagined that the guy who wrote that sign posts here.

cub killer
01-02-2009, 09:22 PM
And I remember being at the game before, when Sosa hit a HR, and this guy next to me in a Sox hat cheering his ass off. I wanted to chuck him off the UD...

I was at that game too. Also in the UD. Me and a friend were yellin' "ster-roids" everytime Shammy stepped up to the plate.

That Sox traitor must have been a Dominican. It's ok to cheer on your countryman, as long he doesn't hurt your team. I guess that guy shoulda put on a DR hat for Shammy's at bats.

It's refreshing to see Shammy-bashing return to WSI. Pre 2005, WSI's best moments were when Sosa would be ripped to shreds. Good times.

slavko
01-04-2009, 01:12 AM
That being said... I liked the guy. Baseball (not just the Cubs) used him and he has to take the blame for it along w/ Marky Mark McGwire? Yes, they were the players that benefitted from it the most, but the owners, Bud Selig, and baseball were the biggest benefactors. How come they get no blame for it? And if they do get it, it's not nearly enough.

Give the Players' Union some credit/blame for preventing drug testing until it was obvious while we're at it. In truth, all players benefitted.

Nellie_Fox
01-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Give the Players' Union some credit/blame for preventing drug testing until it was obvious while we're at it. In truth, all players benefitted.How do you figure "all players benefited?" Did Frank Thomas benefit by losing the MVP to a roider, thus allowing the Sox to use the "diminished skills" clause in Frank's contract? And how do you know how many clean players might have made an MLB roster if they didn't have to compete for a job against roiders? How many young players turned to roids because they knew they were competing against roiders, and had no chance otherwise?

No way did "all players benefit."

slavko
01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
How do you figure "all players benefited?" Did Frank Thomas benefit by losing the MVP to a roider, thus allowing the Sox to use the "diminished skills" clause in Frank's contract? And how do you know how many clean players might have made an MLB roster if they didn't have to compete for a job against roiders? How many young players turned to roids because they knew they were competing against roiders, and had no chance otherwise?

No way did "all players benefit."

I should have added "monetarily" because of the increased revenue to the game as a whole. Of course, everything you say is correct.

DrCrawdad
01-04-2009, 12:58 PM
It's refreshing to see Shammy-bashing return to WSI. Pre 2005, WSI's best moments were when Sosa would be ripped to shreds. Good times.

No fan of the smear that inspired the topic but once we got rolling it was fun. IIRC the Sun-Times ran several quotes from our discussion. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13102&highlight=urine)

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=644&d=1026816315

soxinem1
01-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't imagine any team wants a piece of him.

http://www.firstandtensportsden.com/store/images/product_images/2X3FTBANNER-NATIONALS.jpg