PDA

View Full Version : Sox to play day-night doubleheader

Jerry_Manuel
05-22-2002, 04:54 PM
From the Sun Times:

SCHEDULE UPDATE: The Tigers rescheduled an April 8 rainout in Detroit against the Sox for July 13. The plan is to have a day-night doubleheader, with the rescheduled game set for 1 p.m. Comerica Park would be cleared after the rescheduled game, with separate admission required for the regularly scheduled 7 p.m. game.

The move adds a game to what already was the Sox' longest trip of the season. They now will play 12 games in 11 days in four cities (Detroit, Cleveland, Kansas City and Baltimore) to open the second half.

Garrison
05-22-2002, 04:58 PM
I didn't realize that we had such a tough road trip right after the break. First big road trip this year, I thought that we ran out of gas at the end. I hope we can come through that one ok. Still a long ways off though.

cheeses_h_rice
05-22-2002, 05:01 PM
This falls during the July 11-14 strike by baseball fans, so that's one more Sox game I'll miss.

KruseControl04
05-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
I didn't realize that we had such a tough road trip right after the break. First big road trip this year, I thought that we ran out of gas at the end. I hope we can come through that one ok. Still a long ways off though.

What the hell do you know about road trips?

doublem23
05-22-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
This falls during the July 11-14 strike by baseball fans, so that's one more Sox game I'll miss.

At least they'll be out of town, so there's no temptation to go to a DH...