PDA

View Full Version : Patch Question

CEF72
12-23-2008, 07:11 PM
What year did the sox wear this patch? Was it worn on all jerseys?

Thanks

http://www.ptfsports.com/graphics/6_16_04/images/comiskeypatch.jpg

I want Mags back
12-23-2008, 08:44 PM
It was on the home jerseys until the park became US Cellular. The first year it said "Inaugural Season" somewhere on it. It was also on the black alts. that year

Brian26
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM
That particular patch was only worn on the home jerseys between 1992 and 2002. The inaugural patch (very similar) was worn on the home, road and black Sunday jerseys in 1991. Patches have been gone since 2003 when US Cellular got involved.

tacosalbarojas
12-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Bring Back The Patch!

Nellie_Fox
12-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Bring Back The Patch!Since the park is no longer called Comiskey, that would not work, and as I understand it, MLB doesn't allow advertising on the uniforms, so it can't say U.S. Cellular Field.

LoveYourSuit
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
I thought someone was looking to quit smoking when I read the title.

whitesox901
12-24-2008, 02:49 AM
I thought someone was looking to quit smoking when I read the title.

lol me too

grv1974
12-24-2008, 03:03 AM
Bring Back The Patch!

Patch Adams..........

BleacherBandit
12-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Since the park is no longer called Comiskey, that would not work, and as I understand it, MLB doesn't allow advertising on the uniforms, so it can't say U.S. Cellular Field.

I think he means, "Bring back Comiskey Park as the name of the ballpark!".

I want that to happen to. No offense, but I don't condone having our ballpark be named after some sponser with the most ridiculous, annoying and sentimental commercials ever. I never thought I would say this, but I miss their commercials with Joan Cusack!

Milw
12-24-2008, 09:25 AM

I want that to happen to.
Do you also want to bring back the top of the upper deck, the blue seats, the bland concourse, the old bullpens, and eliminate the Fundamentals and Fan decks? Because you can't have both.

I'd suggest just get over the name.

grv1974
12-24-2008, 09:41 AM

I want that to happen to. No offense, but I don't condone having our ballpark be named after some sponser with the most ridiculous, annoying and sentimental commercials ever. I never thought I would say this, but I miss their commercials with Joan Cusack!

,too

grv1974
12-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Do you also want to bring back the top of the upper deck, the blue seats, the bland concourse, the old bullpens, and eliminate the Fundamentals and Fan decks? Because you can't have both.

Exactly.

soxpride724
12-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Those are some classy patches and I miss tham as well. I like the idea of having a patch on the home uniform, I just don't know what we would put there now.

grv1974
12-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Those are some classy patches and I miss tham as well. I like the idea of having a patch on the home uniform, I just don't know what we would put there now.

We could have an embroidered patch of a churro. Mmmmm.....

soxpride724
12-24-2008, 09:58 AM
We could have an embroidered patch of a churro. Mmmmm.....

Anything but the diamond with the sock logo (Sorry dosen't work on the home uni's).

tacosalbarojas
12-24-2008, 10:12 AM

Just the patch in general...obviously, not the original patch posted. That'd be pretty silly. I like the patch on the arm opposite the sock. Especially ones that are put on in late October or the year after a world series win.

Iwritecode
12-24-2008, 10:28 AM

We can in 2026 when their contract is up. Or if they should happen to go out of business, which isn't unheard of.