PDA

View Full Version : K-Rod all ready annoying the NL East

MHOUSE
12-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Nice article (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove08/columns/story?columnist=klapisch_bob&id=3778394) by Klapisch about how KRod's reputation for ridiculous showboating after every save all ready has the attention of the Phillies, Jerry Manuel, and Mariano Rivera. It opens about how Rivera apparently asked the Yankee Stadium staff to put KRod's locker as far away from his as possible during the Allstar Game this summer. One more reason to like Mariano! I hope Francisco goes down in flames in NY :angry:

RKMeibalane
12-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Nice article (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove08/columns/story?columnist=klapisch_bob&id=3778394) by Klapisch about how KRod's reputation for ridiculous showboating after every save all ready has the attention of the Phillies, Jerry Manuel, and Mariano Rivera. It opens about how Rivera apparently asked the Yankee Stadium staff to put KRod's locker as far away from his as possible during the Allstar Game this summer. One more reason to like Mariano! I hope Francisco goes down in flames in NY :angry:

Rodriguez stated, within days of signing his contract, that the Mets were the team to beat in the NL East. I wonder if he realizes that he's in the same division as the defending World Champions, and that if the Mets want to get back to the top of their division, they have to deal with Philadelphia first.

Regardless, it's going to be nice watching the New York media destroy him once he starts blowing saves.

soxpride724
12-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Rodriguez stated, within days of signing his contract, that the Mets were the team to beat in the NL East. I wonder if he realizes that he's in the same division as the defending World Champions, and that if the Mets want to get back to the top of their division, they have to deal with Philadelphia first.

Regardless, it's going to be nice watching the New York media destroy him once he starts blowing saves.

I couldn't agree more.

areilly
12-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I couldn't agree more.

I eagerly await Phillies fans giving him the J.D. Drew treatment.

Rocky Soprano
12-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I wish he has a few at bats.

Marqhead
12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Add me to the list of people who hope he implodes on the mound in NY.

Thigpen "57"
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
In addition to him being a complete douchebag, I too hope he sees the downside of his statistical career for ruining the status of my user "namesake". The "57" just doesn't mean as much as it used too. :(:

whitesox901
12-24-2008, 02:56 AM
**** K-Rod

LoveYourSuit
12-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Count me in as one who has become numb to show-boating in all sports. I don't pay attention to this crap anymore. A guy wants to act like an ass clown, then he better let the numbers back him up. Manny, K-Rod, Big Z, Sosa ..... all showboats but their numbers backed it up (regarless of steroid era when it comes to Sosa).

It's ass clowns like Carlos Gomez who have ZERO territory in their pocket to merit acting like an ass hat.

DumpJerry
12-24-2008, 08:47 AM
I wonder if he knows "already" is a word........

RKMeibalane
12-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Count me in as one who has become numb to show-boating in all sports. I don't pay attention to this crap anymore. A guy wants to act like an ass clown, then he better let the numbers back him up. Manny, K-Rod, Big Z, Sosa ..... all showboats but their numbers backed it up (regarless of steroid era when it comes to Sosa).

It's ass clowns like Carlos Gomez who have ZERO territory in their pocket to merit acting like an ass hat.

Nope. Sosa never backed it up. With the way he carried on after his home runs, one would think that the Cubs had won the WS. I've never seen a player hit more meaningless home runs than Sosa, nor have I seen a player who meant less to the success of his team. The Cubs were a laughingstock with Sosa in the middle of their lineup. It's not a coincidence that they started to get better as his role on the team started to diminish.

Sosa deserves absolutely no credit for his performance. He was liar and cheater, and that's the end of it. Trash like him doesn't belong in baseball.

soxpride724
12-24-2008, 09:48 AM
In addition to him being a complete douchebag, I too hope he sees the downside of his statistical career for ruining the status of my user "namesake". The "57" just doesn't mean as much as it used too. :(:

Yeah but Thigpen had more "Tough" saves when he hit the 57 save record. K-
Rod only had a few of them according to that statistical guy on the Mike Murphy Show.

hi im skot
12-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Rod only had a few of them according to that statistical guy on the Mike Murphy Show.

Always a good source.

areilly
12-24-2008, 10:56 AM

Always a good source.

Murph relies on facts and research? I haven't listened to him for a long time, but this still shocks me.

FedEx227
12-24-2008, 11:20 AM
No, no... it's not from Murph.

It's from John Dewan, former owner of Stats Inc and current owner of Baseball Info Solutions. He does a stat of the week segment on Murph's show.

CashMan
12-24-2008, 12:12 PM

It's from John Dewan, former owner of Stats Inc and current owner of Baseball Info Solutions. He does a stat of the week segment on Murph's show.

Miss a little miss a lot. Tell me, you do not listen to his show.

pythons007
12-24-2008, 12:44 PM

Both K-Rod and Murph are in the same boat, both asshats, assclowns, douches!

FedEx227
12-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Miss a little miss a lot. Tell me, you do not listen to his show.

Oh good go no. I typically listened in on Tuesdays when Dewan would be on during my break between classes in college. I never listen to Murph on a regular basis, I fortunately was born with a brain.