PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Pricing Question

TheCarlosQuentin
12-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I just have a quick question regarding season ticket prices. If someone were to purchase full season tickets in section 145 (lower box), what would be the price? I know season ticket holders receive some sort of discount, but wasn't able to contact a White Sox rep to get the answer I was looking for...

Anyway, if someone could tell me what the price for '09 seasons in section 145 (or any lower box), I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

DumpJerry
12-19-2008, 10:40 PM
312-674-1000 can give you the definitive answer.

By the way, the answer is probably $2,944.00 per seat for the Full Season package.

soxrepublican
12-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Yep, 2,994 per seat. Good luck getting in sec 145, though. It will take a couple years of upgrading. If you would of acted a little quicker, you probabaly of gotten a better seat. But there is always a chance.

Side note:
Parking per game this year- $23, dollar increace
Season parking per game- $18, two buck increace
Full season Stadium Club- 1000, no increace
Partial season Stadium Club- 550, no increace

DumpJerry
12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Yep, 2,994 per seat. Good luck getting in sec 145, though. It will take a couple years of upgrading. If you would of acted a little quicker, you probabaly of gotten a better seat. But there is always a chance.
Couple of years? More like 5+ and you better hope the 2007 season happens more than once during that time period. I was in 112 for '06 and '07. Moved to 115 after the Disaster of 2007. Sec. 119 is the equivalent to 145 on the First Base side to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

I agree with Soxrepublican, call the Sox ASAP and stop asking us at WSI questions they can answer, you're losing opportunities.

TheCarlosQuentin
12-20-2008, 07:09 AM
Thanks alot for the info guys, exactly what I was looking for.

I know I wouldn't be able to get these seats from the Sox, but I needed the pricing because I will be buying them off a private seller.

Also, heres a question for everyone: I have the ability to purchase seasons in 2 different sections. (from private sellers) Section 145 row 1 or Section 122 Row 15 (premium lower). Assuming you could get them for season ticket holder price without markup which would you choose?

Again, thanks for the info on the pricing.

cbone
12-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Does buying them from a private seller mean you will have tickets but they will still be in his/her name? Will you get the perks that season ticket holders get or will the seller?

Steelrod
12-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Does buying them from a private seller mean you will have tickets but they will still be in his/her name? Will you get the perks that season ticket holders get or will the seller?
All rights belong to the name on the account. Be careful. I made that mistake a long time ago, and was shut out of the playoffs.

soxrepublican
12-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Couple of years? More like 5+ and you better hope the 2007 season happens more than once during that time period. I was in 112 for '06 and '07. Moved to 115 after the Disaster of 2007. Sec. 119 is the equivalent to 145 on the First Base side to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

I agree with Soxrepublican, call the Sox ASAP and stop asking us at WSI questions they can answer, you're losing opportunities.

I agree 100%. When I said a couple of years, I ment 4-5+. I am a good example of this, I have ben trying to upgrade somwhere in there, but could not do it. Finally I got good seats row 4 on the aisle, somwhere down the line, and dont expect to upgrade anytime soon. IMO, I think thy give the first few sections of Lower Box to alot of there sponcers and such, and the Premium lowers are for the core STH from years past, and a few big wigs.

DumpJerry
12-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Also, heres a question for everyone: I have the ability to purchase seasons in 2 different sections. (from private sellers) Section 145 row 1 or Section 122 Row 15 (premium lower). Assuming you could get them for season ticket holder price without markup which would you choose?
That's up to you. 122 would be more expensive and you would have a better view of the field being higher up in row 15. Also, for day games, you won't get shade in 145. I sit on the First Base side so I won't die in the friggin' heat of July and August.

Brian26
12-20-2008, 12:33 PM

For the two reasons Dump mentioned, Section 122 without question. More shade for day games and much better view of the field.

guillensdisciple
12-20-2008, 12:41 PM
My question, as a young-in, and a season ticket hopeful in the future is: how do you guys balance your salaries while paying for White Sox season tickets?

I have always been under the assumption that season ticket holders are very wealthy people; then I realized that isn't necessary true, and since that is one of my dreams when I get out of college and settle in with a job, I was just wondering how people held up paying for Sox season tickets while taking care of the other aspects of their life. Do you sacrifice vacations? Do one less of something? Or do you somehow balance everything?

Question might be a little rude, but I just want to understand how I might tackle the situation when I am older.

soxrepublican
12-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Gullien, My Sox and Bears Season Tickets are mostly my vacations. I only go to Florida 4-5 times a year now.

DumpJerry
12-20-2008, 01:04 PM
My question, as a young-in, and a season ticket hopeful in the future is: how do you guys balance your salaries while paying for White Sox season tickets?

I have always been under the assumption that season ticket holders are very wealthy people; then I realized that isn't necessary true, and since that is one of my dreams when I get out of college and settle in with a job, I was just wondering how people held up paying for Sox season tickets while taking care of the other aspects of their life. Do you sacrifice vacations? Do one less of something? Or do you somehow balance everything?

Question might be a little rude, but I just want to understand how I might tackle the situation when I am older.
Heat for the apartment is over-rated.
Food-don't need it, a couple of cheap vitamin pills each day pretty much does the job.
Clothes? Get real. A $5.00 tee shirt covers you up as well as a $200 shirt.
Ride your bike to work, even on a day like today where there is a ton of snow and the temps are plunging-it'll build character.

The trick is (if the price is beyond your budget) to get people who will buy tickets from you. I sell over two dozen games outright and the people who come with me usually pay me for their ticket. The Cub series was sold by me on StubHub for about 3.5 times over face. Been to enough Crosstown classic games already, they've lost their novelty to me.

mikesouthside
12-20-2008, 01:10 PM
It is not easy at times such as these. When you enter into the world of season tickets you must look at it as honestly as you can. What is your situation...(kids,responsibilities,income,etc.) I am 34 and have a kid on the way. This season will be different than the rest. I started off with the 9 game plan a few years back. Then jumped to the 13 and now the 27. You need to understand that it's NOT just the tickets and parking. It's the hot dogs, pops, t-shirts, etc. Each game you spend money. Gas to travel. Then there is the playoff fun. Pay up front in Sept/Oct. If you are comfortable with this I think you should start small and move up. Once you get accustom to it the money blends in. In a hard economy we all must do what is right for our families and hopefully tickets don't become something that will have to go. Good luck and be smart. asking others is a good start and shows your not just jumping in.

soxrepublican
12-20-2008, 01:20 PM
It is not easy at times such as these. When you enter into the world of season tickets you must look at it as honestly as you can. What is your situation...(kids,responsibilities,income,etc.) I am 34 and have a kid on the way. This season will be different than the rest. I started off with the 9 game plan a few years back. Then jumped to the 13 and now the 27. You need to understand that it's NOT just the tickets and parking. It's the hot dogs, pops, t-shirts, etc. Each game you spend money. Gas to travel. Then there is the playoff fun. Pay up front in Sept/Oct. If you are comfortable with this I think you should start small and move up. Once you get accustom to it the money blends in. In a hard economy we all must do what is right for our families and hopefully tickets don't become something that will have to go. Good luck and be smart. asking others is a good start and shows your not just jumping in.

Exactly. Its not easy the first few years. But after a few years, you will know how to save it. Its not easy to pay off your Sox tix in Nov, Bears Playoff tix in Dec, Bears Season tix in Feb (I know, Febuary!), hopefully Sox Playoff tix in Sept, Vacations throught the year, and repeat every year. Then once the season starts, the dinners in the stadium club, the other food, gas, it all adds up. Fast.

guillensdisciple
12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Heat for the apartment is over-rated.
Food-don't need it, a couple of cheap vitamin pills each day pretty much does the job.
Clothes? Get real. A $5.00 tee shirt covers you up as well as a $200 shirt.
Ride your bike to work, even on a day like today where there is a ton of snow and the temps are plunging-it'll build character.

The trick is (if the price is beyond your budget) to get people who will buy tickets from you. I sell over two dozen games outright and the people who come with me usually pay me for their ticket. The Cub series was sold by me on StubHub for about 3.5 times over face. Been to enough Crosstown classic games already, they've lost their novelty to me.

Exactly. Its not easy the first few years. But after a few years, you will know how to save it. Its not easy to pay off your Sox tix in Nov, Bears Playoff tix in Dec, Bears Season tix in Feb (I know, Febuary!), hopefully Sox Playoff tix in Sept, Vacations throught the year, and repeat every year. Then once the season starts, the dinners in the stadium club, the other food, gas, it all adds up. Fast.

Thanks for the help, but this sounds like a good 10000 dollars lost every year. Jeez, why is the best game in the world so damn expensive? I think I will stick to just the Sox, even then, with the full season ticket plan, does it run around 5000 a year when taking into account food, gas, and the ticket plan?

I will obviously check all of this when I get serious into buying the season tickets, but for now I just want to know how people balance it and everything else in their life, ESPECIALLY when you have family to take care of.

soxrepublican
12-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the help, but this sounds like a good 10000 dollars lost every year. Jeez, why is the best game in the world so damn expensive? I think I will stick to just the Sox, even then, with the full season ticket plan, does it run around 5000 a year when taking into account food, gas, and the ticket plan?

I will obviously check all of this when I get serious into buying the season tickets, but for now I just want to know how people balance it and everything else in their life, ESPECIALLY when you have family to take care of.

About 6,500 with tix and misc for sox, in lower box, 2 tix, with out Stadum Club. Add 1000 for the passes, plus another 1000 for food, and I dont drink. Bears tix 1500 for two tix in endzone, 40 bucks for parking per game. Add 30-40 per game for tailgating.

DumpJerry
12-20-2008, 02:14 PM

Is the $10,000 you're estimating including other teams or concessions, etc?

Keep a few things in mind. Yes, you will eat dinner on the day of a game. Whether or not you're going to a Sox game, you will eat dinner. You can eat it at the ballpark (which can be done for under $10), or you can eat beforehand outside the park, but it's gonna be eaten regarless-so don't count that into your added costs. Another thing: you don't have to buy shirts, etc. at every game you go to. What will you do with 81 shirts???

Finally, one thing that does not get mentioned much here is the fact that if you do buy a full season package and intend to go to most (60+) games, it will feel like a second job to you by July. You're social life will revolve around whether or not the Sox are in town, you will have to make sure you leave work early enough to get to the game on time, you will fret over weather reports during home stands at the slightest hint of rain.

Do I not enjoy being a ST holder? No! I love it!

I guess my seats will now be available once Brooks reads this post.....

cbone
12-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I have 2 seats in the double play plan, my cost is about 1200 bucks. I am going to add parking this year. So while not cheap it's not as unaffordable as you would think.

guillensdisciple
12-20-2008, 02:40 PM
About 6,500 with tix and misc for sox, in lower box, 2 tix, with out Stadum Club. Add 1000 for the passes, plus another 1000 for food, and I dont drink. Bears tix 1500 for two tix in endzone, 40 bucks for parking per game. Add 30-40 per game for tailgating.

Is that an 82 game plan?

Is the $10,000 you're estimating including other teams or concessions, etc?

Keep a few things in mind. Yes, you will eat dinner on the day of a game. Whether or not you're going to a Sox game, you will eat dinner. You can eat it at the ballpark (which can be done for under $10), or you can eat beforehand outside the park, but it's gonna be eaten regarless-so don't count that into your added costs. Another thing: you don't have to buy shirts, etc. at every game you go to. What will you do with 81 shirts???

Finally, one thing that does not get mentioned much here is the fact that if you do buy a full season package and intend to go to most (60+) games, it will feel like a second job to you by July. You're social life will revolve around whether or not the Sox are in town, you will have to make sure you leave work early enough to get to the game on time, you will fret over weather reports during home stands at the slightest hint of rain.

Do I not enjoy being a ST holder? No! I love it!

I guess my seats will now be available once Brooks reads this post.....

I am willing to commit three- five hours of my day for White Sox baseball half of the year. Why not? As long as White Sox baseball never gets in the way of family I don't see why it should be a problem. Then again, I might have to look at this realistically, maybe a smaller plan of 27 games then 81 is a better idea.

jamokes
12-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Guillen.......are you married? If not fine a nice wealthy lady willing to write the White Sox a nice check or two each year!!

Chrisaway
12-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I have a friend who gets an Ozzie plan each year and I just buy a seat from him whenever I go. Plus, working in a bar, I get a generous guest once in awhile.

soxrepublican
12-20-2008, 07:17 PM
..... maybe a smaller plan of 27 games then 81 is a better idea.

Yes. If I were you, I would start with a 27 game plan. Thats what I have. I have it in the lower box, and its 2000 a year for 2 seats. 550 a year for my club passes also. As I stated earlyer, if you want a full season plan, in the lower box, its about 2900 this year per seat. I have to get 27 game plan because my Bears tix have went up so much.

soxfan21
12-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I to have a 27 game plan. And go to most of those games and also a few others sprinkled in throughout the year. This is basically my vacation money used for this. I am basically married but the good news is that she goes to most of these games with me which is cool. I paid about $2400 this year for 2 seats in 159 row ten and a parking pass and spend any where between $20-$30 bucks a game on food/beer. To me it is definately worth it though cause I love our sox!

Warriorjan
12-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Find someone ( or several people) to split with. Decide in advance how post-season will be split up, so everyone knows upfront. Obviously these have to be reliable people. Previous poster is correct, named holder will get the perks, but mine is a very stand-up guy and shares these. We also have an understanding that everyone in the group has to take April games when we split the tickets up, in some proportion to how many tickets they buy.

guillensdisciple
12-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Guillen.......are you married? If not fine a nice wealthy lady willing to write the White Sox a nice check or two each year!!

No, and don't plan on it for a few years. I'm good with that too, I will be more then willing to buy season tickets out of my own pocket. I want to have the satisfaction that I purchased them (weird, I know.)

Yes. If I were you, I would start with a 27 game plan. Thats what I have. I have it in the lower box, and its 2000 a year for 2 seats. 550 a year for my club passes also. As I stated earlyer, if you want a full season plan, in the lower box, its about 2900 this year per seat. I have to get 27 game plan because my Bears tix have went up so much.
I wouldn't balance paying for two sports, and no offense to the Bears and the Bulls (I love both teams), but I put the White Sox at a different altar in terms of sports hierarchy.
However, 27 games a year for 2000 doesn't sound too bad, but what are club passes and is playoff exclusivity included when purchasing the 27 game plan?

I to have a 27 game plan. And go to most of those games and also a few others sprinkled in throughout the year. This is basically my vacation money used for this. I am basically married but the good news is that she goes to most of these games with me which is cool. I paid about $2400 this year for 2 seats in 159 row ten and a parking pass and spend any where between $20-$30 bucks a game on food/beer. To me it is definately worth it though cause I love our sox!

I figure I would be in the same situation, but as you said, it's worth it for some White Sox baseball!

soxrepublican
12-21-2008, 12:32 PM
No, and don't plan on it for a few years. I'm good with that too, I will be more then willing to buy season tickets out of my own pocket. I want to have the satisfaction that I purchased them (weird, I know.) I understand

I wouldn't balance paying for two sports, and no offense to the Bears and the Bulls (I love both teams), but I put the White Sox at a different altar in terms of sports hierarchy. I undestand, the Sox are at the top of my sports list, and if I had to only have one sports ticket.

However, 27 games a year for 2000 doesn't sound too bad, but what are club passes and is playoff exclusivity included when purchasing the 27 game plan? To start, you probably dont need club passes in the beggining. I didnt. The club is the resterant in left field, and it has a bar with good sandwiches and appitizers for a food price, and has a resterant with a expencive buffett. I couldnt afford it up till now, but now its a good perk especially when it is cold or it rains. PM me once the season starts and I could hook you up with some next time you go to a game to try it out for free.

I figure I would be in the same situation, but as you said, it's worth it for some White Sox baseball! Yes, it is. For about a little less or a little more than 2 grand, you could get 2 tix for 27 games of Sox baseball, with good box seats!

guillensdisciple
12-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes, it is. For about a little less or a little more than 2 grand, you could get 2 tix for 27 games of Sox baseball, with good box seats!

Thanks for all the help! I had seen the club many times I just figured that it was impossible to get in their, is it part of the season- ticket package or can a person order club tickets from ticket master? Also, since you didn't answer it in my previous questions, when you sign up for the 27 game- plan do you get "first-in-line" for the playoffs?

soxrepublican
12-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for all the help! I had seen the club many times I just figured that it was impossible to get in their, is it part of the season- ticket package or can a person order club tickets from ticket master? Also, since you didn't answer it in my previous questions, when you sign up for the 27 game- plan do you get "first-in-line" for the playoffs?

First answer- The club is for season tix holders only, and if somone gets full season, they will for sure get the option to buy it for a grand a year. 27 gamers, get the option to buy it if there isnt too many full STH with it, and once you get it, you get the option to get it every year, as in, you dont have to wait to get it every year. If you want to try it out, like I said earlyer, just ask, I could hook you up. I know, its confusing.

Next- Playoff tix. I assume you want a 27 game plan. With that plan you get all the ALDS games, 1 ALCS tix, and 1 WS tix. Your tix agent will give you the locations, and they will be the same every year, unless your tix guy changes them.

If you have any more questions please ask.

guillensdisciple
12-21-2008, 05:20 PM
First answer- The club is for season tix holders only, and if somone gets full season, they will for sure get the option to buy it for a grand a year. 27 gamers, get the option to buy it if there isnt too many full STH with it, and once you get it, you get the option to get it every year, as in, you dont have to wait to get it every year. If you want to try it out, like I said earlyer, just ask, I could hook you up. I know, its confusing.

Next- Playoff tix. I assume you want a 27 game plan. With that plan you get all the ALDS games, 1 ALCS tix, and 1 WS tix. Your tix agent will give you the locations, and they will be the same every year, unless your tix guy changes them.

If you have any more questions please ask.

Just to make sure, with the 27 game plan deposit they have online, how does seating arrangement work? Is it randomly given to you, or can you select your own seat? Also, are parking passes included when purchasing the 27 game plan?

soxrepublican
12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Just to make sure, with the 27 game plan deposit they have online, how does seating arrangement work? After a few days or after Chrismas, a Account Rep will call you with a few locations in the area you want. Is it randomly given to you, or can you select your own seat? Also, are parking passes included when purchasing the 27 game plan? No, parking is around 486 this year for the 27 game plan, which equals to 18 bucks a game. If you pay day of game, this year it will be 23 bucks!
Feel free to ask more questions.