PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Page 2

october23sp
12-19-2008, 06:33 PM
There is a comic on ESPN page 2 making fun of CC by saying the best chance to win was in New York and they have all of the teams that have won a world series since 01. Each team is represented by a player from each team in a cartoonish form. Manny from 04 and Randy Johnson from 01 etc. I really can not tell who is representing the Sox....maybe Frank Thomas?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/index

WhiteSox1989
12-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I think that's Thomas.

HomeFish
12-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Who could this mysterious large-headed man be?

Back in 2003/2004, they used to show baby pictures of Sox players on the jumbotron and have the crowd guess who the baby was. One day, they showed this baby with an enormous head. The entire stadium laughed, because we all knew who it was the second we saw it.

turners56
12-19-2008, 09:54 PM
That could be Juan Uribe.

RedPinStripes
12-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Looks like just a character to me with a Sox hat. Sox get snubbed again from ESPN! :D:

chisox616
12-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I dunno. That may actually be a poorly drawn Jermaine Dye. So far every other one was an MVP of their respective World Series (RJ, Glaus, Beckett, Manny, Eckstein, Lowell, Hamels).

thomas35forever
12-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I dunno. That may actually be a poorly drawn Jermaine Dye. So far every other one was an MVP of their respective World Series (RJ, Glaus, Beckett, Manny, Eckstein, Lowell, Hamels).
That's gotta be Dye. I don't see why Thomas would be in that cartoon as his contributions in '05 were minimal at best.

october23sp
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
That's gotta be Dye. I don't see why Thomas would be in that cartoon as his contributions in '05 were minimal at best.

Yeah all of them are the MVPs but that does not look anything like Dye.

I want Mags back
12-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah all of them are the MVPs but that does not look anything like Dye.

Dye is pretty feature-less. He doesn't have a beard or dreads that can be depicted in a cartoon easily

october23sp
12-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Dye is pretty feature-less. He doesn't have a beard or dreads that can be depicted in a cartoon easily

Yeah but I wouldn't say he is as big as depicted. Check out the arms!

I want Mags back
12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Now that I look at it, this person is holding the bat left-handed. Could it be Crazy Carl?

october23sp
12-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Now that I look at it, this person is holding the bat left-handed. Could it be Crazy Carl?

Haha that would be the most random person they could choose.

Walkman
12-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I doubt ESPN could name anyone on the Sox, whether in '05 or any other time.

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-20-2008, 12:17 AM

The scar on his face? I doubt ESPN would even pick up on something like that.

I want Mags back
12-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Haha that would be the most random person they could choose.

I don't actually think its him, just pointing out it could be.

The scar on his face? I doubt ESPN would even pick up on something like that.

no, they wouldn't

btrain929
12-20-2008, 01:11 AM
It's definitely Timo Perez. Holding the bat like a lefty, plus the crazy eyes.

areilly
12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
I doubt ESPN could name anyone on the Sox, whether in '05 or any other time.

Yes, because no Sox players are famous, nor have any ever been. Furthermore, the world is against the Chicago White Sox.

:rolleyes:

everafan
12-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I think it's Crazy Carl.

TommyJohn
12-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes, because no Sox players are famous, nor have any ever been. Furthermore, the world is against the Chicago White Sox.

:rolleyes:

You know, if you had seen the number of simple errors made by "experts" when it comes to the White Sox, you wouldn't be doing the roll eyes ****.

EDIT: Not saying that the world is against the White Sox, but ESPN's inability to name anyone on the 05 Sox? Not so far-fetched.

Eddo144
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
You know, if you had seen the number of simple errors made by "experts" when it comes to the White Sox, you wouldn't be doing the roll eyes ****.

EDIT: Not saying that the world is against the White Sox, but ESPN's inability to name anyone on the 05 Sox? Not so far-fetched.
Oh, come on. The "experts" make plenty of mistakes regarding other teams too, but you don't notice them because you're not a fan of those teams and thus, don't realize they are mistakes.

areilly
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM

You're right, no one working for one of the largest sports media companies in the world would know the names Jermaine Dye, Mark Buehrle, Frank Thomas, or Bobby Jenks. Not a single person. Not Gammons, not Olney, not even Pedro Gomez who for some unknown reason picks the Sox to win the Central year in and year out.

TheVulture
12-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Timo!

Walkman
12-22-2008, 02:19 PM
You're right, no one working for one of the largest sports media companies in the world would know the names Jermaine Dye, Mark Buehrle, Frank Thomas, or Bobby Jenks. Not a single person. Not Gammons, not Olney, not even Pedro Gomez who for some unknown reason picks the Sox to win the Central year in and year out.

Nor would they ever fail to recognize Al Lopez sitting in the stands during the WS.

whitesox901
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Is there a Dino behind him? :tongue:

Eddo144
12-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Nor would they ever fail to recognize Al Lopez sitting in the stands during the WS.
You mean like 99% of the country? I'd say a good 95% of the country couldn't even tell you who Al Lopez is.

Would you be able to recognize, say, Gene Mauch or Whitey Herzog at a glance?

areilly
12-22-2008, 04:49 PM
You mean like 99% of the country? I'd say a good 95% of the country couldn't even tell you who Al Lopez is.

Would you be able to recognize, say, Gene Mauch or Whitey Herzog at a glance?

I would not recognize Al Lopez, even if I saw him at the World Series.