12-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Enjoy.

http://www.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200812183722480&c_id=cws

doublem23
12-19-2008, 01:50 PM
So... When do pitchers and catchers report? :D:

Thome25
12-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the video!!! It helps with a long and lonely winter at hand. I got goosebumps on the play at the plate by AJ and the HR by Thome in game #163!! I love AJ and Thome!!:gulp::):bandance:

Hell, I LOVE The Chicago White Sox!!

whitesox901
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I luuuuuuuuuuv this video!

Boondock Saint
12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I didn't realize how much I miss baseball until I watched that. God, do I ever love this game.

WhiteSox1989
12-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Nice Video. I love Alexei's reaction after the grand slam.

SoxGirl4Life
12-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Damn firewall. Have to wait til I get home

#1swisher
12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
So... When do pitchers and catchers report? :D:
It's a snow day...what else is there to do:gulp:

Great video!

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Griffey, throw home....man, goosebumps all over again!!!!

I agree with everyone else here....love this team, love this game.

soxrepublican
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I agree with everyone else here....love this team, love this game.

Yep.

guillensdisciple
12-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Have the tie-breaker on Itunes, currently in the top of the fifth inning awaiting that final throw from Griffey.

Man the broadcasters suck.

chisox616
12-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Man....Thome's towering home run was the best. Dead center 462ft. I'll never forgot that homer, unbelievable. On top of Griffey's throw/Pierzynski's block, BA's catch, and Danks' godly performance, just a great game.

veeter
12-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Yep.Yep yep.

WhiteSox1989
12-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Have the tie-breaker on Itunes, currently in the top of the fifth inning awaiting that final throw from Griffey.

Man the broadcasters suck.

Yeah, I have it on my Ipod, and I was watching it the other day on the bus and I kept thinking how I would have even put up with DJ's "GOING GOING GONE" call for Thome's homerun.

Frontman
12-19-2008, 06:03 PM
That was a week that I will never ever forget. That was just some fun baseball as a fan. From my boy saying "don't worry if they walk Ken Griffey Jr, Dad. Alexei will get a slam" minutes before that hit; and then the dive from BA; that was just awesome. Just awesome.

october23sp
12-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I had to miss the Tigers game because of a Football game but I remember when they announced the 6-2 score life was good. We also won our game.:D: Love this game.

mantis1212
12-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Awesome! That week was a lot of fun. I was lucky enough to be at both the make-up game and the tiebreaker. It's like the Sox had their own playoff series, and they won it to advance.

I was actually sitting behind the visitor's dugout for Alexei's Grand Slam- what a perfect angle!

Ragator43
12-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Sept 28th-30th 2008: More than likely the best 3 consecutive days of White Sox baseball that I will ever see in person.

SoxGirl4Life
12-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I can't see the video. just a black square! any ideas?

Zisk77
12-19-2008, 08:29 PM

Rolling blackout, duh :redneck

SoxGirl4Life
12-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Rolling blackout, duh :redneck
That wasn't helpful. Funny, but not helpful.

ChiSoxGirl
12-20-2008, 12:31 AM
OMG, EXACTLY what I needed on this God-awful winter night! I love baseball SO much. Only 106 days 'til Opening Day. :wink:

chisoxfan83
12-20-2008, 01:40 PM
great video, best part of that week was being on pins and needles knowing almost every game was win or go home. I can't wait for the season to start.

mattcoz
12-20-2008, 02:44 PM
The sound is all messed up for me. :mad:

JohnnyInnsbrook
12-20-2008, 02:50 PM

Might have to upgrade your silverlight plug-in... thank god mlb is moving to flash!!!

guillensdisciple
12-20-2008, 02:53 PM
I love how the White Sox had to make it interesting. Lost the first two games to the Indians when the Twins were literally handing us the Division. No, not the White Sox, they wanted to wrench our hearts out, throw them around, step on them a little bit, and finally set them back into place.

Those three days were the most ****ed up three days I have ever experienced. I remember during the make-up game, I was still in classes and had my cell phone on refresh to make sure I can keep up with the game.

On the way home I was fortunate to sit on the Yellow Line with a person who was just as passionate as I was and him and I were talking about the Sox and how they had to win. As I sat in my car, the first thing I hear is, SLAM!!!! Go crazy!!! I was estatic, started pumping my fists in my car, while everyone was just looking at me, had to put the Sox flag on the car and had Sox pride the rest of the night.

Tie- break day was the worst, school didn't exist, didn't pay attention. The whole day was spent thinking about the game, and I remember rapid heartbeats during and after the game. But,boy, what an experience.

I am happy to be a White Sox fan.

Viva los Medio Blancos!!

thomas35forever
12-20-2008, 03:04 PM
What a video! What a team! It was a series a games I'll never forget. Our boys gave us memories that will last us a lifetime.

longtimesoxguy
12-20-2008, 10:53 PM
That was awesome!!!! I cant wait

soxrepublican
12-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Sept 28th-30th 2008: More than likely the best 3 consecutive days of White Sox baseball that I will ever see in person.
Yep. I dont know what else I could of seen in person better. I actulally acheved one of my dreams, being there when the Sox clinched there division. The only thing left is to see them win the AL and World Series at home!!

SOX ADDICT '73
12-20-2008, 11:20 PM
...I remember during the make-up game, I was still in classes and had my cell phone on refresh to make sure I can keep up with the game...
My classroom, like many art rooms, is in the basement of our school building. I spent most of my first hour prep period rigging up a rabbit-ears antenna outside my window (can't do that after Feb. 17!), and running cable across the room to the television set on which I was planning to watch the game. The 1:00 start time came and went due to the rain, and we didn't get the first pitch until I was almost ready to leave to pick up my daughters from daycare. I did get to see Floyd work his way out of a jam in the top of the first, but that was a hell of a lot of work for one grainy half-inning!

WhiteSoxJunkie
12-22-2008, 02:47 PM
The Griffey trade was worth it just for that one throw home.

SOX ADDICT '73
12-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Agreed 100%. Many have said that "anybody could have made that throw", but I say maybe, maybe not. Maybe Brian Anderson or Nick Swisher would've air mailed the throw from that distance. Maybe Cuddyer, rather than challenge BA's or Swish's arm, opts to take his chances with two outs and decent-hitting Punto at the plate. Instead, he chose to run on "Old Man Griffey," and the rest is White Sox history!

Foulke You
12-22-2008, 05:33 PM
I love how the White Sox had to make it interesting. Lost the first two games to the Indians when the Twins were literally handing us the Division. No, not the White Sox, they wanted to wrench our hearts out, throw them around, step on them a little bit, and finally set them back into place.

Those three days were the most ****ed up three days I have ever experienced. I remember during the make-up game, I was still in classes and had my cell phone on refresh to make sure I can keep up with the game.

It wasn't just those three days that were the most ****ed up I've experienced as a Sox fan, it was that entire week! Feeling pretty good heading into the Metrodome with a 2.5 game lead and then three totally deflating losses that we could have easily won. Heading back home trailing 0.5 games in the standings against the Tribe, I still felt optimistic that the Sox could at least possibly force a tiebreaker but feeling horrible that KC was going to be our only hope in the Metrodome. I was in attendance for that first game against Cleveland when KC opened up a huge lead on the Twins and the Sox, Danks, and the bullpen wet the bed against the Tribe. This was the game that MacDougal, Logan, and Carrasco walked 1000 runs in or something. Cabrera also looked like he had mailed it in with 2 errors and going 0 for the game. I remember leaving that game thinking our team was totally dead even though the standings said we were only 0.5 games out. To have the team win 3 "must win" games after that and then to be in attendance at the "blackout" tiebreaker was so satisfying as a fan because the season was on the brink and looked completely bleak just days earlier. The Sox played with a lot of guts and determination during those last 3 games but they also got a lot of help from the Royals. For that KC team to take 2 of 3 in the Metrodome was a gift from God. I give them a lot of credit for not mailing it in against Minnesota. They took it to them and gave the Sox a chance to reclaim the division and if you listen close enough, you might still hear Joe Nathan whining about a coin toss deciding home field advantage.:cool:

Frontman
12-22-2008, 06:41 PM

That, and the moment Thome met Griff at the top of the dugout stairs after Thome's solo homer. That moment was just awesome.

btrain929
12-22-2008, 08:25 PM

+1. So many memories for me from that 3-game span for me:

-Steve Stone not wanting to sign my Steve Stone baseball card before the game on Fan Appreciation day because he thought I'd sell it on ebay.
-Polishing off a 24 pack with my dad in about 2.5 hours in my car during the rain delay vs the Tigers.
-Alexei's slam/celebration.
-Seeing the line down 35th after the Tigers game for Game 163 tix, and me calling my friend to jump online to get a ticket for me.
-The amazingness of Game 163, and giving the Twins fans in our section **** for being, well, Twins fans.
-Plus I was at Game 3 of the playoffs, the only game they won.

That is no doubt the best streak of important games i've ever been to and might ever be at (since I doubt I could afford tix for World Series games, etc).

Ragator43
12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
That, and the moment Thome met Griff at the top of the dugout stairs after Thome's solo homer. That moment was just awesome.

And just before the Thome Jr. hug, seeing Konerko run to make sure he was there to be the first to congratulate Thome as he crossed home plate.