PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Sammy Giveaway

34 Inch Stick
05-22-2002, 10:57 AM
I went to the north side mlb franchise game last night (firm mandated event, not by choice). The giveaway was a Sammy autobiography. I cannot believe the arrogance of a 33 year old guy who has done nothing in life other than hit baseballs. It is a thin book, but I don't know what b.s. he filled the pages with. I still love his statment that if he was not a baseball player he would be a doctor. I think he would have to cross the Dominican border into Haiti to get his voodoo M.D.

Soxboyrob
05-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The giveaway was a Sammy autobiography. I cannot believe the arrogance of a 33 year old guy who has done nothing in life other than hit baseballs. It is a thin book, but I don't know what b.s. he filled the pages with.

We'll be waiting patiently for you to read it and give us a review of its contents. It's probably geared toward little kids.
"Hey kids, work real hard, play real hard, drink real hard, stay in school and take a lot of steroids and someday, maybe, just maybe you can be just like me and hit dee beesbol berry berry far.

LuvChiSox
05-22-2002, 11:13 AM
think that's bad? Check this out from an Hispanic news site:

Coming Attraction: A Movie About Sammy Sosa

Chicago Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa has signed a contract with Warner Bros. to make a film about his life. No details had been given at press time. The information was released during an interview with the Dominican newspaper Ultima Hora.

cheeses_h_rice
05-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox

Chicago Cubs slugger Sammy Sosa has signed a contract with Warner Bros. to make a film about his life. No details had been given at press time. The information was released during an interview with the Dominican newspaper Ultima Hora.

Let's think of some possible titles...

"Swing Hard II: Take Your Vitamins"

"I Heet Dee Home Ruhh Ball Veddy Far"

"Me, Myself, and My Enormous Ego"

"Titanic (Ego)"

"F*ck My Teammates"

Soxheads
05-22-2002, 11:19 AM

Dear God.

duke of dorwood
05-22-2002, 11:21 AM
Chapter 5

Banking in a Bag

Tragg
05-22-2002, 12:04 PM
He must figure to live to 200.
If aftert 15 years in the U.S. (making millions) he can't speak English, it will take him 150 years to get through medical school.

Please do read that book and let us know what's in it.

moochpuppy
05-22-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The giveaway was a Sammy autobiography.

I heard a rumor it was a coloring book and the Tribune Co. was too cheap to provide the crayons.

Iwritecode
05-22-2002, 12:43 PM

I heard about this quite awhile ago. IIRC, he wants Denzel Washington to portray him in the movie...

RKMeibalane
05-22-2002, 02:03 PM
It would be a shame for such an excellent actor to potray that egotistical jerk. I hope that doesn't happen. It would kill Washington's career. The movie theater would be filled with Cubs fans.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-22-2002, 10:06 PM
D Washington to portray Shamememe? HA HA HA HA!!! Denzel speaks english!!! The only ones that speak Shamlish are Arnold Schwarzenegger (Ha? Doon ve macking fuhn av mi anglish) or Dolf Ludgren (Coom an, I deed a booxin' mobie, basbowl woo be azzie). And both have Shamememe steriod enhanced physique.

34 Inch Stick
05-23-2002, 09:37 AM
How about Anonio Banderas. Can't understand a single thing that guy says either.

I can't mess with Dolf Lundgren. The guys got an engineering degree from Yale. I'm lucky to get an English degree in my own language.

foulkesfan11
05-23-2002, 10:25 AM
I always knew he was an arrogant SOB. I just hate him more & more every day. What a clown.

steff
05-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

We'll be waiting patiently for you to read it and give us a review of its contents. It's probably geared toward little kids.
"Hey kids, work real hard, play real hard, drink real hard, stay in school and take a lot of steroids and someday, maybe, just maybe you can be just like me and hit dee beesbol berry berry far.

And don't forget the ever so popular... "Be sure to have a Rum bottle at your side at all times..."