PDA

View Full Version : Calling it right now....

Scottiehaswheels
12-13-2008, 01:49 AM
KW signs Daniel Cabrera and offers Belisle a minor league contract as well.

btrain929
12-13-2008, 01:53 AM
......and Cooper calls his local pharmacy to inquire about buying migraine medicine in bulk.

NardiWasHere
12-13-2008, 04:29 PM
:bashbro

rdivaldi
12-13-2008, 06:03 PM
KW signs Daniel Cabrera.

I was thinking that this is a possibility as well, it just depends on what kind of $$$ he's going to want. Freddy is the other vet that might fill out the end of the rotation.

12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Ben. Sheets.

GregO23
12-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Hawk would get a boner if we got Cabrera's Nitendo stuff

eriqjaffe
12-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Ben. Sheets.Disabled. List.

cbrownson13
12-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Ben. Sheets.

He's a guy that would be worth signing if there was a solid rotation in front of him. Everyone knows about his injury problems, but in the past seven years, he's only started less than 20 games once and over 30 four times. With our situation, we would be too dependent on him for it to work out.

4 points
12-14-2008, 05:08 AM
Calling it here. Sox sign Wigginton, then trade or DFA one of the other infielders.:gulp::gulp:

soxlug
12-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Wigginton I am not sure we sign him I think Josh Fields is going to be our third baseman this year. If Josh indeed sucked it up last year cause he was basically walking around on one leg then it would be nice to have the 2007 second half version of Josh Fields.

I think we make a run at Taveras he is coming in to his prime and fits the description of What KW is looking for. With that said he makes a good 9 hole batter and a below average lead off hitter. If he could be more patient and work the counts better and get on base a little more often he will steal some bases. He has a lot of what this team needs and that of course is speed.

Daniel Cabrera I would love to sign this guy. I think his major league debut if I remember correctly was against the White Sox. I watched that game and we couldn't touch him (of course it is better to have scouted a pitcher before you face him.) He is another player who is entering his prime that can possibly turn it around. I guess maybe it is Danks and Floyd that make me think a spring training with Coop and maybe a season at Charlotte to learn to control his stuff he definately can strike batters out but he definately can walk some batters too so is he trying to be too cute or an arm angle a stepping motion c'mon Coop fix this guy. Maybe a change in pitching coaches messed with this guy too this year I may be mistaken but didn't the Orioles have the Braves long time pitching coach til last year and then made a change. I don't know looking at his stats from even early on he has always walked a ton of guys, his ERA has been terrible also and it seems he likes to give up the long ball. But still I would like to see what Coop can do with him (Coop will fix'em ha ha.)

Tragg
12-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Calling it here. Sox sign Wigginton, then trade or DFA one of the other infielders.:gulp::gulp:
He's not a good defender.
His offense is a clone of what we have.
Not worth his price. Can't see any reason to supplant Fields with him.

Sargeant79
12-15-2008, 09:41 AM
He's a guy that would be worth signing if there was a solid rotation in front of him. Everyone knows about his injury problems, but in the past seven years, he's only started less than 20 games once and over 30 four times. With our situation, we would be too dependent on him for it to work out.

Actually, I think it could work out very well. It would admittedly be an expensive risk, however Sheets is really, really good when healthy. I'm not very comfortable handing the reigns to two of the kids in the rotation right out of spring training. I would be comfortable handing them to Sheets and one of the kids, with one of the others being relied on as an injury replacement.

NLaloosh
12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
I think the Sox already have two guys named Wigginton but they go by the names Wilson Betemit and Josh Fields. No upgrade there.

whitesox901
12-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Fields ≥ Wigginton

pmck003
12-16-2008, 01:17 AM
I would guess the Sox might take a chance on Sheets if he only gets short-term contract offers. I was also thinking he could stay close to Milwaukee, but Wikipedia says he lives in Texas.