PDA

View Full Version : Bo Jackson & John Cangelosi

VeeckAsInWreck
12-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey everyone,

I work over at Power 92 and I just got to meet Bo Jackson and John Cangelosi. They were at the station to promote a training facility that they are starting up and they were both very cool dudes.

Cangelosi was very impressed that I knew that he still holds the Sox rookie record for stolen bases. He then joked that he and Bo were gonna come back next year and that Bo would hit and John would run for him.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you guys.

P.S. My boss is good friends with Ken Griffey Jr. and word has it that he's probably going to sign with the Tampa Bay Rays.

soxinem1
12-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey everyone,

I work over at Power 92 and I just got to meet Bo Jackson and John Cangelosi. They were at the station to promote a training facility that they are starting up and they were both very cool dudes.

Cangelosi was very impressed that I knew that he still holds the Sox rookie record for stolen bases. He then joked that he and Bo were gonna come back next year and that Bo would hit and John would run for him.

P.S. My boss is good friends with Ken Griffey Jr. and word has it that he's probably going to sign with the Tampa Bay Rays.

I wondered why he would even be interested in going back to SEA.

He could barely reach the warning track at The Cell. In Safeco he would not be of much help, and be ona crap squad.

At least in the Juice Box, he could pop a few, and have a chance to win.

soxfanatlanta
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM

I have pity for his knees.

eriqjaffe
12-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I have pity for his knees.I don't see Cliff Floyd on the Rays' roster, Junior could DH and save his knees.

dagame2005
12-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Do you know Anthony Smith? He's a friend of mine that works over there. He was telling me about this very thing earlier.

Hey everyone,

esbrechtel
12-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Bo was one of my childhood idols. I would love to meet him. I still have that newspaper from when he hit the clinching homerun in 1993. I would love to get that autographed sometime....

VeeckAsInWreck
12-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Do you know Anthony Smith? He's a friend of mine that works over there. He was telling me about this very thing earlier.

Yes I do know Anthony. He works across the hall from me.

rwcescato
12-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey everyone,

Thats cool. John Cangelosi's kid goes to school with my niece in Orland park.

Rich

dagame2005
12-14-2008, 02:27 AM
Very cool, he's a good guy. Let him know that Chris said hi.

Yes I do know Anthony. He works across the hall from me.

CubKilla
12-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Saw that new training facility on the news a week or two ago. I think they said it's in New Lenox. Looked sweet. Batting cages, a track, a full size infield, computer training rooms, entertainment rooms, etc. Closest thing to this back in my day was "PlayBall" on Kedzie.

Cangelosi CF
12-15-2008, 09:00 AM
God bless John Cangelosi! :gulp:

sox102
12-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Saw that new training facility on the news a week or two ago. I think they said it's in New Lenox. Looked sweet. Batting cages, a track, a full size infield, computer training rooms, entertainment rooms, etc. Closest thing to this back in my day was "PlayBall" on Kedzie.

It's in Lockport.

Lip Man 1
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I read where Dan Pasqua is part of this too.

Lip

MarkZ35
12-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I can't imagine what lessons for kids are going to cost from those guys. You know that there going to jack up the prices. They wouldn't associate their names with it unless they are going to make a pretty penny.