PDA

View Full Version : Key signing for another trade PK rumor thread...

NLaloosh
12-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Misleading title- I know. I think that the Philly signing of Ibanez could be key for the Sox.

I think that it would be huge if the Sox could move Konerko this winter. The Angels have always seemed to have the most interest and it's been written that if they can't sign Tex. or Ibanez then they may look at Konerko again as the bat that they need.

So, I'm crossing my fingers.

CashMan
12-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Misleading title- I know. I think that the Philly signing of Ibanez could be key for the Sox.

I think that it would be huge if the Sox could move Konerko this winter. The Angels have always seemed to have the most interest and it's been written that if they can't sign Tex. or Ibanez then they may look at Konerko again as the bat that they need.

So, I'm crossing my fingers.

You do realize, he is a 10/5 guy right?

pythons007
12-12-2008, 10:12 AM

How many different threads do we really need to say the same thing?!?! I bet if you type the key words Konerko, trade, Angels you might get 250 different results on WSI.

sox1970
12-12-2008, 10:12 AM

When it comes to Konerko and trade possibilities to the Angels, just assume he'd accept the trade--because he would. They're a good team from the west coast, that trains in the Phoenix area. He'd go there.

CashMan
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
When it comes to Konerko and trade possibilities to the Angels, just assume he'd accept the trade--because he would. They're a good team from the west coast, that trains in the Phoenix area. He'd go there.

Until, we hear Sox and Angels are talking, I don't think we need 2-3 threads a day saying we need to trade Konerko to the Angels. It is getting annoying.

Chicken Dinner
12-12-2008, 10:46 AM

And why would he or should he??

sox1970
12-12-2008, 11:20 AM
And why would he or should he??

Just hypothetical. The point is, if the Angels and White Sox agreed to a trade that involved Konerko, he would agree to go there because of the reasons I mentioned. That said, it's unlikely PK is going anywhere because he really sucked in 2008 and he has 2/24 mil left.

cws05champ
12-12-2008, 11:51 AM
This has been said in other threads, but IMO Konerko is much more valuable to the White Sox in 2009 than what he would bring in return on a trade. He will have a bounce back year in 2009...

munchman33
12-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Are we getting a young 1B back? Are we signing Mark Texeira?

Trading Konerko right now doesn't make sense.

thedudeabides
12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
How many different threads do we really need to say the same thing?!?! I bet if you type the key words Konerko, trade, Angels you might get 250 different results on WSI.

You forgot to add in Figgins. That might bump it to 400 results.

KyWhiSoxFan
12-12-2008, 12:44 PM
You forgot to add in Figgins. That might bump it to 400 results.

Throw in Carl Crawford and it's 600 threads.

Domeshot17
12-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Not gonna happen, Rockabilly told me 2 years ago PK is going to the Dbacks for Connor Jackson

longtimesoxguy
12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
PAULIE will have a big year this year!!!!!

btrain929
12-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Are we getting a young 1B back? Are we signing Mark Texeira?

Trading Konerko right now doesn't make sense.

We're signing Dunn to a 4 year contract. He'll play 1B this year, and move to DH when Thome leaves.

Fin.

12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Until, we hear Sox and Angels are talking, I don't think we need 2-3 threads a day saying we need to trade Konerko to the Angels. It is getting annoying.

Nothing is more annoying than people complaining about rumors.

Thome25
12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Not gonna happen, Rockabilly told me 2 years ago PK is going to the Dbacks for Connor Jackson

We're signing Dunn to a 4 year contract. He'll play 1B this year, and move to DH when Thome leaves.

Fin.

Thes are the two best (and funniest) quotes of this thread.:D: I remember the PK for Connor Jackson Rockabilly rumor by the way!!

CashMan
12-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Other than, everyday, someone thinking they are clever in starting a, "I think we need to trade Konerko to LAA". I like to read rumors, but fans starting rumors out of no where is annoying.

pythons007
12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Other than, everyday, someone thinking they are clever in starting a, "I think we need to trade Konerko to LAA". I like to read rumors, but fans starting rumors out of no where is annoying.

Not to mention the same rumor over 10-20 different threads! I like reading rumors as well, but the redundancy of the same thing over and over and over again saying the same thing, gets boring.

12-12-2008, 03:23 PM

Not to mention the same rumor over 10-20 different threads! I like reading rumors as well, but the redundancy of the same thing over and over and over again saying the same thing, gets boring.

Here's a genius idea, stop ****ing reading them.

Check out post #15

pythons007
12-12-2008, 04:19 PM

Check out post #15

I'm not complaining about rumors. I like the speculation. Its the same idea with a different title, I don't like. I come to read the thread to find out its the same thing over and over again.

I wouldn't care if it was a poster saying we should trade Konerko to the Yankees for A-Rod, but Konerko to LAAAA doesn't need a new thread every day!

CashMan
12-12-2008, 04:48 PM

Check out post #15

Or stop ****ing reading us complaining.

12-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Or stop ****ing reading us complaining.

I came into the thread to read it's content. You came in to complain and annoy. Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

forrestg
12-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I only read them because I'm hoping that Konerko does get traded . Mr. I can only advance one base on a single and 2 bases on double add to that his miserable start of last season only complimented by his great play with me referring him as mr. August and September stats.. Can he be gone for April, May June and July and return for the August and September and the post season.

Domeshot17
12-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I came into the thread to read it's content. You came in to complain and annoy. Just giving you a taste of your own medicine.

There is no content here. No content, no substance, nothing but fluff. The move doesn't even involve the Angels or the Sox. This no relation.

The OP might as well have said "I was taking a number 2 today, and because I only flushed 1 time, you know 1 like first base, it made me realize the Angels still need Konerko and this number 2 makes it more likely he will go there"

12-12-2008, 05:45 PM
There is no content here. No content, no substance, nothing but fluff. The move doesn't even involve the Angels or the Sox. This no relation.

The OP might as well have said "I was taking a number 2 today, and because I only flushed 1 time, you know 1 like first base, it made me realize the Angels still need Konerko and this number 2 makes it more likely he will go there"

Ok?

35th and Shields
12-12-2008, 06:12 PM

Maybe you should read the description of WTS again, eh?

Domeshot17
12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Maybe you should read the description of WTS again, eh?

Just because this is the section for rumors doesn't mean people should just make stuff up or start new threads on the same topic everyday. There are a crap ton of Konerko to the Angels threads, go post this **** in one of those. What was the point of starting a new thread?

There wasn't a link that said The Angels liked Ibanez and now will focus on Konerko, nothing like that. IF anything, Ibanez losing out has 1% impact on Konerko in that they both play offense. One is a 1b, one is an OF, one hits lefty,one hits righty. Unless Konerko somehow becomes a left handed OF next year, this is useless.

Boondock Saint
12-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Fin.

:bundy:

Mr. White Sox
12-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Here's a question I posed in a Baseball Prospectus chat. The chat was with one of the writers who was at the winter meetings in Vegas:

Ben (Work): Thanks for taking the time for the chat. We all know there have been substantial talks with a couple of teams regarding Jermaine Dye (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/dyeje01.php), but is there any information on players like Bobby Jenks (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/jenksbo01.php), Paul Konerko (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/konerpa01.php), and Jim Thome (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/thomeji01.php), who are all possibilities to be traded this offseason?
John Perrotto: It appears that the White Sox (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/team_audit.php?team=CHA) are going to hang on to Jenks now and there never seemed to be much of a market for Konerko and Thome, who both have no-trade clauses.

12-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Just because this is the section for rumors doesn't mean people should just make stuff up or start new threads on the same topic everyday. There are a crap ton of Konerko to the Angels threads, go post this **** in one of those. What was the point of starting a new thread?

There wasn't a link that said The Angels liked Ibanez and now will focus on Konerko, nothing like that. IF anything, Ibanez losing out has 1% impact on Konerko in that they both play offense. One is a 1b, one is an OF, one hits lefty,one hits righty. Unless Konerko somehow becomes a left handed OF next year, this is useless.

What's the point of ****ting your pants about it? Don't like it? Stay the **** out.

35th and Shields
12-14-2008, 03:21 PM

You have to keep in mind a lot of those people don't come here everyday and don't bother to look at older threads. Maybe they should, but they don't come here enough to know that it's an issue to some people.

12-14-2008, 03:51 PM
You have to keep in mind a lot of those people don't come here everyday and don't bother to look at older threads. Maybe they should, but they don't come here enough to know that it's an issue to some people.

Why let that get in the way of a good bitch fest??