PDA

View Full Version : Manny threatens to retire

cbrownson13
12-11-2008, 09:49 PM
What a complete tool this guy is. Gee, Manny, I wonder why no one is jumping out of their shoes to sign a guy in his mid 30s that only plays when he feels like it. What a joke.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spmanny115960657dec11,0,548502.story

turners56
12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
What a complete tool this guy is. Gee, Manny, I wonder why no one is jumping out of their shoes to sign a guy in his mid 30s that only plays when he feels like it. What a joke.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spmanny115960657dec11,0,548502.story

He's only decreasing his value this way. Nobody (unless it's Brian Sabean) will go out and try to get him now. He'll be like Barry Bonds, waiting until February for a deal. By then, it'll be much less than it is now. At least, that's what the smart GMs would do.

soltrain21
12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I wish owners would stop dishing out the contracts that Boras demands. **** like this wouldn't be happening.

oeo
12-11-2008, 10:15 PM
He's only decreasing his value this way. Nobody (unless it's Brian Sabean) will go out and try to get him now. He'll be like Barry Bonds, waiting until February for a deal. By then, it'll be much less than it is now. At least, that's what the smart GMs would do.

Not a chance this ends up like Bonds.

WhiteSox5187
12-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Not a chance this ends up like Bonds.
I also think there is no chance he winds up getting the kind of contract he wants.

thomas35forever
12-12-2008, 12:13 AM
:violin:

Part of me wishes he actually would retire so we wouldn't have to hear him spew his crap anymore.

guillensdisciple
12-12-2008, 12:16 AM
It would be epic if he got paid 10 million a year.

Stupid fool, he doesn't respect the game, he shouldn't get that kind of money.

HomeFish
12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Get it done, Kenny.

MarkZ35
12-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Let him retire. It's not like we were going to sign him so it's one less great hitter we will have to face if he would have signed with an American league team.

soxfanreggie
12-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Gee...he might only get $15-20 million a year for 3-4 years. Certainly that's not enough money to play a game or to feed his family on ...just ask Latrell Spreewell how this type of stuff works out.

VenturaFan23
12-12-2008, 07:00 AM
:violin:

Part of me wishes he actually would retire so we wouldn't have to hear him spew his crap anymore.

If espn still exists, so does Manny.

Jpgr91
12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
It says no where in the article that Manny said he wanted to retire. The article says:

"Manny Ramirez is growing extremely upset about the lack of suitors for his services, so much so that he has told friends he would contemplate retirement if a suitable offer doesn't arrive soon, a person close to the situation told Newsday."

Its all just speculation. If this was a trade rumor, you guys would be blasting the person that posted it. Hate Manny if you want, but at least look at things rationally.

Red Barchetta
12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
Yikes! I feel soooooooooo threatened that Manny's decision to retire if he doesn't get all the money he wants in the current economy will ruin my love for baseball.

Yeah right. Go away. I heard Sosa and Bonds have a nice timeshare in the Caribbean you can get in on. :angry:

Rocky Soprano
12-12-2008, 09:09 AM
It says no where in the article that Manny said he wanted to be traded. The article says:

"Manny Ramirez is growing extremely upset about the lack of suitors for his services, so much so that he has told friends he would contemplate retirement if a suitable offer doesn't arrive soon, a person close to the situation told Newsday."

Its all just speculation. If this was a trade rumor, you guys would be blasting the person that posted it. Hate Manny if you want, but at least look at things rationally.

Why would anyone be talking about Manny getting traded if he's a free agent?

NLaloosh
12-12-2008, 09:17 AM
If only it were true.

Jpgr91
12-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Why would anyone be talking about Manny getting traded if he's a free agent?

I intended to say retire, as the quote 10 or so words from after retire specifies.

ode to veeck
12-12-2008, 11:16 AM
If only it were true.

1st intelligent post in the thread

why does anyone listen to anything Manny says is beyond me

that said, it is nothing like Bonds situation for a number of reasons, someone will pcik him up, he is just too valuable to a team, witness the Dodgers run to the playoffs after the trade and dumping of stellar Scrubs in the playoffs

MHOUSE
12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I saw this and laughed heartily. The guy is such a joke. I guess he didn't think ahead when he screwed over Boston to get out of town and then decided he felt like tearing apart the NL West for the 2nd half thinking that's all anyone would notice. If you want to play when you feel like, then you're going to get paid when the GMs feel like. How's your medicine taste? Ugh, the egoes on these guys make me sick sometimes.

RadioheadRocks
12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Meanwhile in What's The Score...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=108217