PDA

View Full Version : Bad news/good news on bullpen

kittle42
12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Scroll down to the relevant items

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8926844/Thursday-MLB-winter-meetings-blog

Horacio Ramirez is back with the Royals.

No one was willing to pay $50k to pick up MacDougal in the Rule V draft.

turners56
12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Horacio Ramirez is a horrible pitcher. Only in KC where he would pitch in blowouts can he have decent stats...

SoxGirl4Life
12-11-2008, 05:28 PM
He remains unwanted property of the White Sox.

No truer words have been spoken

soxinem1
12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Horacio Ramirez is a horrible pitcher. Only in KC where he would pitch in blowouts can he have decent stats...

The only role he could have had here was to supplant Kevin Hickey as a LHBP pitcher.

white sox bill
12-11-2008, 06:21 PM
So send ol Macdougal down to the farm

Frater Perdurabo
12-11-2008, 06:35 PM
So send ol Macdougal down to the farm

Old MacDougal on the farm, eee i eee i o...

btrain929
12-11-2008, 06:59 PM
The only role he could have had here was to supplant Kevin Hickey as a LHBP pitcher.

Is that what Hickey's role is with the team? When I saw his locker at the clubhouse sale, I didn't even know he was officially with the Sox.

ndgt10
12-11-2008, 07:18 PM
The Horacio Ramirez pickup was definitely one of Kenny's biggest busts.

oeo
12-11-2008, 07:53 PM

How can it even be considered a bust? We gave up Paulo Orlando for him, i.e. crap for crap.

You want to talk about busts, talk about Nick Swisher, and Cunningham for Richar. Horacio Ramirez and Paulo Orlando will both be forgotten.

kittle42
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
How can it even be considered a bust? We gave up Paulo Orlando for him, i.e. crap for crap.

You want to talk about busts, talk about Nick Swisher, and Cunningham for Richar. Horacio Ramirez and Paulo Orlando will both be forgotten.

The bust factor came when Ozzie had to play him.

Lundind1
12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
How many more chances for MacDougal??? I don't know if there is any team that will want him now after the Rule 5 news, minors included.

What implication does that have for the Sox. Are they going to have to continue paying him or does he just rot in the farm system taking up a valuable roster spot that could be filled by a developing talent?

Daver
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
How many more chances for MacDougal??? I don't know if there is any team that will want him now after the Rule 5 news, minors included.

What implication does that have for the Sox. Are they going to have to continue paying him or does he just rot in the farm system taking up a valuable roster spot that could be filled by a developing talent?

If he was available in the rule 5 draft he's not on the 40 man roster, so what valuable spot is he taking?

champagne030
12-11-2008, 10:07 PM

Ritchie and Swisher were bigger busts.

Although there's a special place in my heart for when he tried to pass Julio Ramirez off as a CF.

DSpivack
12-11-2008, 10:17 PM

I dunno, I always thought Paulo Orlando was kind of a cool name.

soxfanreggie
12-12-2008, 12:53 AM
We can use the $50,000 to purchase a couple of buckets of balls to send with him.

salty99
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Is that what Hickey's role is with the team? When I saw his locker at the clubhouse sale, I didn't even know he was officially with the Sox.

Yup he's done it for years.

MHOUSE
12-12-2008, 10:48 AM
I read somewhere that the Royals want to move Horacio back to the rotation. That'd be a fun matchup for our pitchers! I shouldn't say that, he'd probably toss a 3-hitter. Good riddance though. I still can't believe Seattle traded Rafael Soriano for Ramirez. Ick. Oh, and in the grand scheme of KW trades, acquiring Ramirez to eat a few innings as a BP lefty is probably near the bottom of the relevancy list. Don't lose sleep over it guys.

soxinem1
12-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I read somewhere that the Royals want to move Horacio back to the rotation. That'd be a fun matchup for our pitchers! I shouldn't say that, he'd probably toss a 3-hitter. Good riddance though. I still can't believe Seattle traded Rafael Soriano for Ramirez. Ick. Oh, and in the grand scheme of KW trades, acquiring Ramirez to eat a few innings as a BP lefty is probably near the bottom of the relevancy list. Don't lose sleep over it guys.

After five or six starts he'll be:

A. Sent to the bullpen.
B. Sent to the minors.
C. Released.

Thing is, KC gave him a million. I could do what he did for the White Sox last year for free and be about as effective as he was.