PDA

View Full Version : Cabrera for Cameron

Marqhead
12-11-2008, 08:46 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3761924

If I'm a Brewers fan I'm pretty happy with this move.

DaveFeelsRight
12-11-2008, 08:48 AM
that great brewers playoff team of 08 just lost 7 players now.

that team is in shambles

Thome25
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM

that team is in shambles

The Brewers might as well back up the truck and start over again.

palehozenychicty
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM

that team is in shambles

For real. They need at least two starters, some bullpen arms, a second baseman, ugh..

Don't envy them.

jabrch
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
They are going to have a ****load of draft picks next year...FA compensation for Sheets and Sabathia....+ more

MeteorsSox4367
12-11-2008, 09:30 AM
For real. They need at least two starters, some bullpen arms, a second baseman, ugh..

Don't envy them.

Milwaukee's remaining core of players isn't that bad. They still have Braun, Fielder, Hart and Hardy. Granted, it isn't the '27 Yankees, but it's not expansion-quality either.

Hitmen77
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
I'd take Cabrera over Cameron.

doublem23
12-11-2008, 09:38 AM
They are going to have a ****load of draft picks next year...FA compensation for Sheets and Sabathia....+ more

I think that was their plan all along... Throw all their chips into the pot for '08 and now they'll probably have to start rebuilding.

jabrch
12-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I think that was their plan all along... Throw all their chips into the pot for '08 and now they'll probably have to start rebuilding.

Not a bad plan for that franchise - they gave themselves a good shot. LaPorta is going to be good - but it was worth the try.

munchman33
12-11-2008, 10:04 AM
If this is true, this is a great trade for them.

Also, count me as one not discounting the Brewers for next year. Their lineup is still great, and they'll probably pick up the two starters they need to fill out the rotation (one probably in trade, one in free agency). They might be dropping payroll, but they're not dropping $30 million in payroll. They'll find the pieces to put a good team out there.

Tragg
12-11-2008, 10:05 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3761924

If I'm a Brewers fan I'm pretty happy with this move. I agree

Marqhead
12-11-2008, 10:06 AM
If this is true, this is a great trade for them.

Also, count me as one not discounting the Brewers for next year. Their lineup is still great, and they'll probably pick up the two starters they need to fill out the rotation (one probably in trade, one in free agency). They might be dropping payroll, but they're not dropping $30 million in payroll. They'll find the pieces to put a good team out there.

I'm in this camp. Plus, don't forget they play in the NL Central.

California Sox
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I'd take Cabrera over Cameron.

I wouldn't. Pitchers have figured out Melky and he's a terrible defensive player. Cameron is a great defensive player and, while he does strike out too much, when you add the walks, power, and steals, he's helpful. Also, Cameron's got the intangibles. Every team he's on seems to get better.

GAsoxfan
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Also, Cameron's got the intangibles. Every team he's on seems to get better.

Intangibles....is that what they're calling steroids these days?

Rocky Soprano
12-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Not even close to Teal.

SoxyStu
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
This trade has now hit a snag and may not be completed.

Tragg
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Anyone have a sense of what kind of defender Cabrera is?

Paulwny
12-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Anyone have a sense of what kind of defender Cabrera is?

It appears to me that he's put on some weight since he first came up, I could be wrong.
He has ave range, ave reaction time, and an above ave arm.

DumpJerry
12-11-2008, 06:29 PM

Not even close to Teal.
:tealtutor:

JUribe1989
12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
:hawk
"He's gotta gooooooo, Melky Cabrera can throwwwwwwwww."

If it goes through, I like the trade for the Brewers. Cameron was being used incorrectly as a leadoff hitter. Cabrera has some pop and an above average arm as Hawk correctly stated in a late April showdown with the Yankees. And I disagree that the Brewers will have to start over. They still have two of the best hitters in all of baseball, and that's with Fielder having an off year in 2008. It's not like Ben Sheets ever pitched anyways, so knowing for sure that they won't have to count on him is more of a plus than actually having an oft-injured Sheet IMO. As for Sabathia, they were already a contender for the playoffs before they got Sabathia, and that was during the time period when Yost was still using Gagne daily as a closer. Even with no Sabathia and Gagne blowing games, the Brewers were able to contend. In 2007, if they hadn't blown it in the last week, they should have won the NL Central. This team doesn't have to re-build.