PDA

View Full Version : More Cubs Rumors: They're After WSI's Favorite Potential White Sox Leadoff Man.

Thome25
12-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks like the Cubs may be after Chone Figgins. I desperately want the White Sox to go after him.

Here's the link:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2008/12/cubs-inquire-ab.html

It'll suck if the Cubs end up with him instead.:angry:

btrain929
12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
They "inquired" on him. I'm sure many teams in baseball have "inquired" on him. Both the Cubs and Angels have tons on their plate as of right now. I'm not too worried.

WhiteSox5187
12-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh thank God it's only Figgins! I thought they wanted Jerry Owens!

Tragg
12-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I have been surprised that in all of these deals we haven't brought back single player who could possibly help with our greatest need: leadoff hitter. We brought in several utility players, as always, but no one who can get on base. Considering Guillen's favorite incumbent is absolutely dreadful, I hope Williams gets on the stick and does something, if not with Figgins with someone else.
Like signing Furcal, after trading Dye.

Thome25
12-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I have been surprised that in all of these deals we haven't brought back single player who could possibly help with our greatest need: leadoff hitter. We brought in several utility players, as always, but no one who can get on base. Considering Guillen's favorite incumbent is absolutely dreadful, I hope Williams gets on the stick and does something, if not with Figgins with someone else.

Furcal turned down a 4 year deal from the A's and may be looking for a 5 year deal. If that's the case, it won't happen with the White Sox......not for that many years.

btrain929
12-11-2008, 12:03 AM

Because there's not many good leadoff hitters out there. I don't know if I'm willing to give Furcal a 4-year contract to a guy who had a drastic decrease in production from '06-07, then got injured in '08.

soxfanreggie
12-11-2008, 01:25 AM
From what I've seen, Furcal might take a one year deal in order to go back on the market for a long-term deal after this season. However, if we're in sell mode, I doubt we make any offer to him.