PDA

View Full Version : Now that's more like it!

Viva Magglio
05-21-2002, 10:13 PM
:smile: What the hell? We came ready to play tonight! For the second straight start, Danny Wright was a reliable pitcher and not the corpse of Frank Lloyd Wright on the mound. Our batters came to life as well, led by Mágglio Ordóńez's 4-for-5 night.

The team was obviously motivated from the get-go tonight. If we could only get this kind of effort on a consistent basis, our team would be much more a contender. We beat the best team in the American League in their own ballpark tonight. Let's build on this and take this series tomorrow night.

WinningUgly!
05-21-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:smile: What the hell? We came ready to play tonight! For the second straight start, Danny Wright was a reliable pitcher and not the corpse of Frank Lloyd Wright on the mound. Our batters came to life as well, led by Mágglio Ordóńez's 4-for-5 night.

The team was obviously motivated from the get-go tonight. If we could only get this kind of effort on a consistent basis, our team would be much more a contender. We beat the best team in the American League in their own ballpark tonight. Let's build on this and take this series tomorrow night.

Nice to finally beat a good team for a change.

baggio202
05-21-2002, 10:51 PM
it was a good win..lets be thankful boston decided to pitch darren oliver on three days rest so he could go against the yankees on sunday because he is 6-1 lifetime against them...they gave us a gift tonight..glad we accepted it

Garrison
05-21-2002, 11:07 PM
I am glad that we did well. Maggs was awesome and Frank had three ribbies. But I'm not going to get too excited about this win. We've played well plenty this season, but not consistently. This wasn't a huge offensive output, but it was consistent offense through all nine frames and they fought hard for the whole game. I really like this tyoe of win better than 15-4 or 16-1. Manuel didn't make any huge mistakes. Infact he trusted Marte to go 1.2 IP and he was awesome. I like this win, but I want to see this effort everyday. A blowout win or two and then 2-3 crap performances is not going to cut it. We need effort all the time. I'd get 3-hit and not mind it as long as there was hustle and desire. When they roll over and die it's unacceptable no matter how many runs they score the next time out. Nice to beat a good team but let's make a habit of PAYING LIKE THIS!

BTW: Danny was good. Shaky at times but effective and pitched out of some jams. Went into the 7th and gave us two quality starts in a row. His ERA is almost back down to 5.00 after being at almost 7.00 I love this kid and I hope he keeps it going.

Randar68
05-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Garrison
I am glad that we did well. Maggs was awesome and Frank had three ribbies. But I'm not going to get too excited about this win. We've played well plenty this season, but not consistently. This wasn't a huge offensive output, but it was consistent offense through all nine frames and they fought hard for the whole game. I really like this tyoe of win better than 15-4 or 16-1. Manuel didn't make any huge mistakes. Infact he trusted Marte to go 1.2 IP and he was awesome. I like this win, but I want to see this effort everyday. A blowout win or two and then 2-3 crap performances is not going to cut it. We need effort all the time. I'd get 3-hit and not mind it as long as there was hustle and desire. When they roll over and die it's unacceptable no matter how many runs they score the next time out. Nice to beat a good team but let's make a habit of PAYING LIKE THIS!

BTW: Danny was good. Shaky at times but effective and pitched out of some jams. Went into the 7th and gave us two quality starts in a row. His ERA is almost back down to 5.00 after being at almost 7.00 I love this kid and I hope he keeps it going.

I was wondering when the first chicken little would show his/her true colors.....

Fer cryin' out loud! It's a win! Enjoy it! Jesus, you people are so negative...

GASHWOUND
05-22-2002, 08:16 AM
Now this is the kind of effort I'm looking for from my Sox. They actually went out there and played with some heart and emotion. And saw something that JM abandoned for some reason...the running game... A big must win tonight.