PDA

View Full Version : Viciedo's Impact on the Sox in 2009

nodiggity59
12-09-2008, 10:47 PM
I just saw some footage on Youtube of Viciedo in a Sox hat. I know he's only 19, but damn, I can see why the Sox signed him. He looks like he has an extremely big frame, almost Big Hurt esque.

He seems even bigger than the he looked in footage from playing in Cuba.

It got me thinking. What if Viciedo has an Alexei 08 type of season in 09? How would that change the team, and how would that change what we do this off season.

In my mind, it would make Dye more expendable, also clearing the way for a Fields trade to bring in a leadoff hitter in the outfield.

Unfortunately, it seems the corner OF market is too flooded right now to make trading Dye worth it.

LoveYourSuit
12-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I just saw some footage on Youtube of Viciedo in a Sox hat. I know he's only 19, but damn, I can see why the Sox signed him. He looks like he has an extremely big frame, almost Big Hurt esque.

It got me thinking. What if Viciedo has an Alexei 08 type of season in 09? How would that change the team, and how would that change what we do this off season.

In my mind, it would make Dye more expendable, also clearing the way for a Fields trade to bring in a leadoff hitter in the outfield.

Unfortunately, it seems the corner OF market is too flooded right now to make trading Dye worth it.

Fits in with the battles as our club is currently constructed.

CF - Wise/Owens
3B - Fields/Betemit
2B - Gets/Nix
SP - Richard/bag of balls
SP - Marquez/sanitary socks

:puking:

I have not seen Viciendo play other than a few crappy videos ..... he's ahead of that bunch of crap listed up there.

CashMan
12-09-2008, 11:06 PM
I have not seen Viciendo play other than a few crappy videos ..... he's ahead of that bunch of crap listed up there.

If Wise makes the team, then Kenny has indeed put a AAA team together.

btrain929
12-09-2008, 11:10 PM

If Wise makes the team, it'll be as a 4th/5th OF, something every team in the bigs has on their bench. :scratch:

LoveYourSuit
12-09-2008, 11:14 PM
If Wise makes the team, it'll be as a 4th/5th OF, something every team in the bigs has on their bench. :scratch:

Usually a 4th OF is good with the glove..... Wise is awful with the glove.

That's the only reason you keep BA.... glove off the bench.

HebrewHammer
12-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Winston-Salem is changing their team name to the White Sox?

btrain929
12-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Usually a 4th OF is good with the glove..... Wise is awful with the glove.

That's the only reason you keep BA.... glove off the bench.

I agree. But to say what Cashman said, that whether or not we will be a contender or whether we'll be a AAA team depends on who our 4th OF'er is, is pretty damn ridiculous.

guillensdisciple
12-09-2008, 11:40 PM

He puts up Alexei type numbers, pencil the White Sox as '09 WS champs.

No I am not an idiot, just an optimistic fool.

btrain929
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM

It won't change the offseason 1 bit because as of right now he's not penciled into our starting lineup and he hasn't proved he'll put up an Alexei '08 type of season. You can't make drastic offseason moves based on what a 19 year old unknown "might" be able to do.

jabrch
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM

Just like the AAA team that made it to the post season last season?

CashMan
12-09-2008, 11:48 PM
I agree. But to say what Cashman said, that whether or not we will be a contender or whether we'll be a AAA team depends on who our 4th OF'er is, is pretty damn ridiculous.

Dewayne Wise is complete garbage. He is a AAAA player, who shouldn't make the team.

btrain929
12-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Dewayne Wise is complete garbage. He is a AAAA player, who shouldn't make the team.

Maybe. But according to you, if he makes the team, the other 24 are destined to collectively produce like a AAA team, correct?

CashMan
12-09-2008, 11:49 PM

I am still baffled at why he was allowed to play. The team barely made the playoffs, and did so because of good strong pitching from Danks.

CashMan
12-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe. But according to you, if he makes the team, the other 24 are destined to collectively produce like a AAA team, correct?

What I am saying is, if Wise makes the team, something horrible happened.

btrain929
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I am still baffled at why he was allowed to play. The team barely made the playoffs, and did so because of good strong pitching from Danks.

Yeah, how dare he play over .219 crybaby Swisher and hit HR's to get us on the board on the road in the playoffs.

btrain929
12-09-2008, 11:52 PM
What I am saying is, if Wise makes the team, something horrible happened.

Haha, alright, well that's a little more realistic than your 1st comment.

CashMan
12-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah, how dare he play over .219 crybaby Swisher and hit HR's to get us on the board on the road in the playoffs.

I think Swisher is garbage too. Wise got lucky.

oeo
12-09-2008, 11:54 PM
I am still baffled at why he was allowed to play.

Because there was no one else...

The team barely made the playoffs, and did so because of good strong pitching from Danks.

Moreso Buehrle. Danks was good, but Buehrle was great.

guillensdisciple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1fJzSEl9eQ

Oh my gawd... this kid looks like a freaking beast!

CashMan
Haha, alright, well that's a little more realistic than your 1st comment.

After the end of each year, I put my list together of the player I hope will never wear a Sox uniform again. Uribe was #1, followed by Wise and Swisher. ATM, the only one I have to worry about is Jose.

CashMan
12-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Because there was no one else...

Moreso Buehrle. Danks was good, but Buehrle was great.

I know about the no one else was there to play. I have a man crush on Marky Mark. I think the guy is just a great pitcher. Danks was just insane in the blackout game.

LoveYourSuit
12-09-2008, 11:57 PM

Sorry Jabrch, but I still refuse to get all giddy about a meaningless Divsion Title last year. The Division was beyond awful and the games in September (and most of the 2nd half) were dreadful.

oeo
12-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I know about the no one else was there to play. I have a man crush on Marky Mark. I think the guy is just a great pitcher. Danks was just insane in the blackout game.

Indeed. He stepped up huge, and actually had a good September overall besides a few short outings...a couple of them being terrible.