PDA

View Full Version : 2009 White Sox Game Times Announced

jmeneghini1433
12-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I clicked radomly on a link at whitesox.com to buy an Ozzie Plan and the screen where you select your 13 games, it showed all the start times. Just thought I'd post this up if anyone was wondering.

Jim

anewman35
12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I clicked radomly on a link at whitesox.com to buy an Ozzie Plan and the screen where you select your 13 games, it showed all the start times. Just thought I'd post this up if anyone was wondering.

Jim

That's useful, but it should probably also be pointed out that the schedule shows no Fox or ESPN games, so I expect a lot of the weekend game times will change before the season. Something to keep in mind.

DumpJerry
12-09-2008, 10:07 PM
The times are not set in concrete yet, so I would not rely on them 100% yet.

On the Sox website, there are no times for home games and times for a handful of road games.

Lundind1
12-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I was talking to the director of database management for the Sox the other day and he said that there is a lot of room for movement for the schedule. He said that once we get to about mid-late Feb. that the numbers should be a bit more reliable.

I am banking on the sox having 2-3 ESPN Sunday night games and at least 3-4 Fox games, mostly Saturdays.

chisoxfanatic
12-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I was talking to the director of database management for the Sox the other day and he said that there is a lot of room for movement for the schedule. He said that once we get to about mid-late Feb. that the numbers should be a bit more reliable.

I am banking on the sox having 2-3 ESPN Sunday night games and at least 3-4 Fox games, mostly Saturdays.
Yea, I'm thinking the Cubs game here will be on ESPN, as well as Boston and the Yankees (both here and there).

Hopefully CSN will be better next year. It was brutal overall this past season watching games on CSN.

Chicken Dinner
12-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Are we still doing the 7:11 thing?

DSpivack
12-10-2008, 02:10 AM

Looks like it (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2009/tent_sked_big.gif).

guillensdisciple
12-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Looks like it (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/downloads/y2009/tent_sked_big.gif).

Our schedule doesn't look that bad until mid- may. Perhaps a good opening to the season will be in order.

whitesox901
12-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Got some good value monday games, I'm liking that theres a Monday Value game against Detroit on June 8th, the day after my birthday...maybe a sunday, monday birthday vacation is in order.

DSpivack
12-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Our schedule doesn't look that bad until mid- may. Perhaps a good opening to the season will be in order.

I just noticed too that that Sox won't have to leave the midwest after a series in Anaheim [May 25-27] until a series in Seattle [August 10-12]. Not bad.

Lundind1
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Yeah, that is, I believe a 5 year naming deal with 7-eleven. So it should go through the 2011 season.

mantis1212
12-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Strange to see the Sox games at Wrigley during the week instead of the weekend. I wonder what made them change that...

soxrepublican
12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Strange to see the Sox games at Wrigley during the week instead of the weekend. I wonder what made them change that...

Me too.

DSpivack
12-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that is, I believe a 5 year naming deal with 7-eleven. So it should go through the 2011 season.

In ends in July of that season. :tongue:

dickallen15
12-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Me too.

I think its an experiment. If it works, and people are less drunk (I don't know how that could be possibly measured at the Urinal) look for all those games to be played during the week. Especially for the White Sox. Those are guaranteed sellouts. Have them on nights you don't historically get the biggest crowds. The only problem is the weekend split season ticketholders. I'm sure they would be quite pissed if zero Cubs games were in their ticket package.

Lundind1
12-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I think its an experiment. If it works, and people are less drunk (I don't know how that could be possibly measured at the Urinal) look for all those games to be played during the week. Especially for the White Sox. Those are guaranteed sellouts. Have them on nights you don't historically get the biggest crowds. The only problem is the weekend split season ticketholders. I'm sure they would be quite pissed if zero Cubs games were in their ticket package.

They would make an adjustment to that deal, where they would throw in a "special" tues, wed, or thursday Cubs/Sox ticket with the packages. They would have to.

Lundind1
12-10-2008, 05:07 PM

It was either they have had travel troubles with this series for this season or they are cutting down on the absolute crush of people that go into the neighborhood for this series. I don't know how that would work seeing as how it is going to really mess up the people who live there and need to get around that week.:scratch:, just wondering how that makes sense.

soxrepublican
12-10-2008, 05:43 PM

I agree. I kinda would be pissed, im a weekend STH and I like the 2 Cub Sox games. I think there fun.