PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada....(?)

getonbckthr
12-09-2008, 08:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-valverde120908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
It says Houston is willing to eat a chunk of the contract but doesn't mention demands as far as players/prospects. Tejada a guy with a solid bat seems like a guy who would be perfect for 3B. If we were to trade Dye I wouldn't mind the idea of putting Quentin in RF, ANderson in CF possible Viciedo in LF and build a package around Fields to send to Houston.
Anyways what would an offseason be without a BCKTHR/Tejada thread. 3 straight years I got to squeeze one in.:bandance:

kittle42
12-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Now we're putting Viciedo in LF?

When will the video game shifting of defensive players end?

I'm not sure which is worse - the experts on every player's defensive abilities or the suggestions that the Sox play pretty much anybody anywhere except pitcher and catcher.

getonbckthr
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM

I'm not sure which is worse - the experts on every player's defensive abilities or the suggestions that the Sox play pretty much anybody anywhere except pitcher and catcher.
I thought Viciedo was a corner infielder/corner outfielder? If not VIciedo to 1B and Konerko to Anaheim for LF'r Chone Figgins?

WhiteSox5187
12-09-2008, 08:41 PM

Oh, BA could play catcher! ****, we had a guy who could have played all nine positions at once! His name? Aaron Rowand.

DickAllen72
12-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Tejada at 3B if the KW could get him at a reasonable price (both salary wise and talent traded wise).

oeo
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM

Well, supposedly Viciedo has the 'athletic ability' to play the outfield. Some teams that looked at him viewed him as an outfielder right out of the gate.

Scottiehaswheels
12-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Tejada at 3B if the KW could get him at a reasonable price.**** that. I want Tejada in RF or as back up catcher. Maybe he could be our 4th starter?

DickAllen72
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
**** that. I want Tejada in RF or as back up catcher. Maybe he could be our 4th starter?
You're so clever.

Scottiehaswheels
12-09-2008, 08:48 PM
You're so clever.What about Cantu? :D:

Tragg
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Just what we need - more declining veterans.
Send a "package" for Tejada and his 13 homers and .314 OBP.
Nice.

sunofgold
12-09-2008, 08:56 PM
He has been linked to taking and I believe supplying HGH and steroids to other players. I prefer the WHITE SOX avoid players like that.

DickAllen72
12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
What about Cantu? :D:
Cantu cannot. :wink:

getonbckthr
12-09-2008, 08:57 PM
He has been linked to taking and I believe supplying HGH and steroids to other players. I prefer the WHITE SOX avoid players like that.
So I guess we should avoid Brian Roberts as well.

DickAllen72
12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Just what we need - more declining veterans.
Send a "package" for Tejada and his 13 homers and .314 OBP.
Nice.
I would consider something along the lines of either one of Fields or Betemit for Tejada plus Astro's pay 1/3 of his salary. The story getonbckthr linked said the Astros are pushing real hard to get rid of him.

Edit: Yikes! I just looked up his salary...he made close to $15M last season. At that price, I'd pass unless the Astro's would kick in 1/2 of his salary which I doubt.

tm1119
12-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Hes clearly not the direction Kenny is pushing for. Kenny wants young, cheap, and, if possible, fast players. Tejada is 35(supposedly) makes 13mil and is obviously breaking down health wise as well. Never going to happen.

getonbckthr
12-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Hes clearly not the direction Kenny is pushing for. Kenny wants young, cheap, and, if possible, fast players. Tejada is 35(supposedly) makes 13mil and is obviously breaking down health wise as well. Never going to happen.
That figure won't mean anything if Houston deals him. I would jump at the oppertunity to get Tejada for 1 yr at 3B for 6.5 million.

getonbckthr
12-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I would consider something along the lines of either one of Fields or Betemit for Tejada plus Astro's pay 1/3 of his salary. The story getonbckthr linked said the Astros are pushing real hard to get rid of him.

Edit: Yikes! I just looked up his salary...he made close to $15M last season. At that price, I'd pass unless the Astro's would kick in 1/2 of his salary which I doubt.
The amount they pick up would be a huge obstacle. But 1/2 (which if they are as desperate as the story says) might not be out of the question.

DickAllen72
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
True, but I don't think Kenny wants young and cheap at every position. The scenario getonbckthr presented was that they traded Dye and replaced him in the OF with Viciedo. In that case they could use another veteran presence on the team. If KW could get Tejada without giving up much in talent and get the Astros to kick in enough to make his salary cost the Sox around $8M he'd probably be worth it to fill the hole at 3B. But since I've seen that he's currently making around $15M, I think it's moot.

champagne030
12-09-2008, 09:20 PM

We just traded Javy for a player busted for PED's.

tm1119
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
That figure won't mean anything if Houston deals him. I would jump at the oppertunity to get Tejada for 1 yr at 3B for 6.5 million.

No way Houston eats 1/2 of his contract. That would be pointless for them. Especially if we give them anybody with a major league contract in return. We'd probably have to pay him somewhere around 9mil. And considering that we have no money to spend thats not going to happen. And if we were going to spend 9mil it wouldnt be for a washed up old guy who is finally getting off the roids. Have you taken a look at his #'s for the past 2 seasons? Average at best for a 3B. We'd be better off with Fields for a fraction of the cost.

kittle42
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
We just traded Javy for a player busted for PED's.

Give him back.

raul12
12-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Oh, BA could play catcher! ****, we had a guy who could have played all nine positions at once! His name? Aaron Rowand.

Wasn't that Steve Lyons? :tongue:

DickAllen72
12-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Wasn't that Steve Lyons? :tongue:
Wayne Nordhagen. Or was it Jerry Hairston? :tongue:

whitesox901
12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Tejada? What is this July 2005?

champagne030
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Give him back.

I thought you don't use teal?

I agree with you and that's why I made my post. That Tejada was linked to PED's a few years ago is not a reason to pass on him or refuse to take Flowers.

kittle42
12-09-2008, 09:51 PM
I thought you don't use teal?

I agree with you and that's why I made my post. That Tejada was linked to PED's a few years ago is not a reason to pass on him or refuse to take Flowers.

I know.

Tragg
12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Tejada's price should be anyone who's willing to pay 1/2 of his salary and no players.
He was terrible last year. The Astros would do a dance if we offered Fields.

guillensdisciple
12-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Tejada's price should be anyone who's willing to pay 1/2 of his salary and no players.
He was terrible last year. The Astros would do a dance if we offered Fields.

No, no he wasn't.

No, no they wouldn't.